Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes us, do we care? 23:13 - Aug 9 with 1321 viewsCoastalblue

A bit of an odd position to be in as a Town fan isn't it? Most fans of other clubs have always had a bit of a soft spot for us when you meet them, aside from the obvious ones up the road. Looks like that might be changing now, probably needed, probably to our benefit, but it's going to take some adjusting to I think.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

No one likes us, do we care? on 23:14 - Aug 9 with 1295 viewsArnoldMoorhen

WBA fans like us now as we have taken on some of their youth products that they had a lot of time for.

But that's probably it.
No one likes us, do we care? on 23:16 - Aug 9 with 1284 viewsgainsboroughblue

At the end of the day, all we have done is ship a shed load of players out and replaced them, but with mostly a much needed upgrade on quality with some wise business. The way some of them are going on, you'd think we've spent billions.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

No one likes us, do we care? on 23:19 - Aug 9 with 1253 viewspointofblue

It’s always easier to like plucky sides punching above their weight than those with the finances to aim for success.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 23:24]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No one likes us, do we care? on 00:06 - Aug 10 with 1160 viewsChurchman

People outside liking us certainly used to be the case when we challenged the bigger clubs along with Forest and one or two others - bit like Leicester now.

In recent years we’ve become a nothing club. Yesterday’s news. Good for laying off your trouble makers, boozers, has-beens and unwanteds. Who cares, it’s only little Ipswich. Soft touch off the field and on it. Ship up, play with fight for 90 mins and trouser the points. Laughter all the way for Northampton, Wimbledon, Gillingham and many others. Hard to dislike Ipswich.

It seems times are changing. Brilliant. Yep, it’s going to take a bit of adjusting to. The approach has been very different in the past few months and if that hacks off a few people at Portsmouth or anywhere else, hey ho. I will try to contain my disappointment.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 0:07]
No one likes us, do we care? on 00:36 - Aug 10 with 1098 viewsvilanovablue

Not massively upset about teams in League One disliking us. We need to capitalise on a good position and everything looks pretty good.
No one likes us, do we care? on 01:27 - Aug 10 with 1025 viewsFrankMarshall

Part of the problem is some fans singing that song "cheque book FC" rather than making it clear to other clubs that we have lost over 30 players and are trying to replace. Other clubs haven't bothered to look at that, so just see a club spending loads of money. They can't be bothered to investigate any deeper.

Frank Marshall

No one likes us, do we care? on 08:06 - Aug 10 with 743 viewsSharkey

No one likes us, do we care? on 01:27 - Aug 10 by FrankMarshall

Part of the problem is some fans singing that song "cheque book FC" rather than making it clear to other clubs that we have lost over 30 players and are trying to replace. Other clubs haven't bothered to look at that, so just see a club spending loads of money. They can't be bothered to investigate any deeper.

"rather than making it clear to other clubs that we have lost over 30 players and are trying to replace." Cole Porter couldn't make THAT catchy.
No one likes us, do we care? on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 598 viewsnoggin

I doubt most other club's fans really give us a second thought.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

No one likes us, do we care? on 09:24 - Aug 10 with 580 viewstextbackup

Portsmouth don't like us.

nobody else above L1 will even give two shts what we are doing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024