Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters 08:00 - Aug 28 with 1536 viewsStuartSlater

Is there a danger when the myth of a player takes over the reality

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 08:08 - Aug 28 with 1501 viewsitfcjoe

I guess it can happen - but think there is just a frustration that he hs shown a lot in pre season, started well and seems to just be behind people in the queue in Aluko and Barry that will get more chances than him.

Barry obviously got geat potential - but is he going to be the difference between us going up and not this year, and is he going to be any better than Dobra in his first loan? He may well be, and we hope he is - but it's hardly a guarantee and come this time next year, who will be here?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 08:17 - Aug 28 with 1474 viewsArnieM

I feel very sorry for Dobs tbh. He’s such an exciting player that needs to be playing games every week to develop further . The big problem for him is actually the transition taking place at this Club now. It’s being done at a phenomenal rate , and the expectation is that a “ job WILL be done this season “. But in achieving that, the first team can’t afford length game time for players to learn their trade . Players that play in this first team have to hit the ground running …. And produce it every game! I’m not sure Dobs is at that level yet.

Ideally (although on one hand I’d not like it ) he’d be better going to a rival League One Club , rather than a League Two club (he’s better than that).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 08:38 - Aug 28 with 1399 viewsBloomBlue

Hard to say, some fans were wetting themselves Barry is the new Grealish and it's possible he could be but based on first performance he's not. But that's because Barry is young and like all youngsters it's about potential, they will have good and bad games and as they get more experienced the bad games decrease. Dobra needs that experience, we're a L1 club he can get that here. I don't like the fact we're giving other club youngsters the chance to gain that experience here and pushing our own youngsters out.
Keep Dobra here and let him play and gain that experience and develop that potential.
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:31 - Aug 28 with 1302 viewsitfcsuth

He’s not long turned 20. He has such a bright future ahead of him, but still a long way to go.

My personal opinion is that he has something to offer here, and would have preferred him to be with us.

However, if the opportunity comes where he can play week in week out at L1/2 level, I think that could prove invaluable, and I don’t think he will do that here this year.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 9:32]
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:48 - Aug 28 with 1257 viewsbluefunk

It’s pretty simple, he’s currently well down the pecking order, behind players who actually create instead of looking like they might. He clearly has potential, but that will only be realised if he plays regularly, so send him on loam so that can happen - he should have taken the opportunity last season, IMO.
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 1243 viewsGuthrum

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 08:08 - Aug 28 by itfcjoe

I guess it can happen - but think there is just a frustration that he hs shown a lot in pre season, started well and seems to just be behind people in the queue in Aluko and Barry that will get more chances than him.

Barry obviously got geat potential - but is he going to be the difference between us going up and not this year, and is he going to be any better than Dobra in his first loan? He may well be, and we hope he is - but it's hardly a guarantee and come this time next year, who will be here?

I do wonder (and this is pure speculation) if the aim is to develop Dobra carefully, away from the intense scrutiny and expectation of our own First Team - an environment which I'm not sure proved entirely helpful for the likes of Dozzell. Especially during what may be quite a difficult season, with fans very quickly getting desperate and calling fixtures "must win", even at an early stage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:04 - Aug 28 with 1222 viewsBlueBadger

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:48 - Aug 28 by bluefunk

It’s pretty simple, he’s currently well down the pecking order, behind players who actually create instead of looking like they might. He clearly has potential, but that will only be realised if he plays regularly, so send him on loam so that can happen - he should have taken the opportunity last season, IMO.

Plus, sending him on loam will keep him grounded...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:15 - Aug 28 with 1178 viewsDarth_Koont

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:48 - Aug 28 by bluefunk

I’m split on this.

You’re right that he hasn’t produced as much of an end-product during his last year in and around the first team. But then again who has? In a better team, with threats coming from elsewhere I’d expect that to change.

On the other hand, he was pretty much alone last season with his ability to receive the ball and turn defenders. Now we have Edwards, Fraser, Chaplin and Aluko among others who can do that.

All in all, I’d say a half-season loan until the next transfer window would give him a lot more opportunities to develop. And then he could also be returning to a team that’s already functioning.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 1124 viewsbluefunk

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:04 - Aug 28 by BlueBadger

Plus, sending him on loam will keep him grounded...

Not sure what point you’re trying to make here
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 11:52 - Aug 28 with 1016 viewsBlueBadger

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:59 - Aug 28 by bluefunk

Arise Sir Funk, Order of the Whoosh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 11:57 - Aug 28 with 1001 viewsVic

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:54 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

I do wonder (and this is pure speculation) if the aim is to develop Dobra carefully, away from the intense scrutiny and expectation of our own First Team - an environment which I'm not sure proved entirely helpful for the likes of Dozzell. Especially during what may be quite a difficult season, with fans very quickly getting desperate and calling fixtures "must win", even at an early stage.

PC is on record as saying that putting young players into the first team with the expectation they will pull the team along is not helpful to them. I agree with him. It was a mistake many of us made on here when we said we wanted the likes of Dozzer, Downs, Bishop, etc to be the fulcrum of our team a couple of season ago. They simply weren’t ready for it and so struggled to improve whilst we all got increasingly frustrated.

Cook and everyone at the club is aiming at promotion this season if at all possible - there will be pressure on the players to perform. Is that a good/helpful environment for a young, developing player? Possibly, if they are already better than others at the club, but it could easily work the other way.

They’ve made the judgement that Dobs is best this season out on loan, getting games, feeling pressure without it overwhelming him. Personally I think it’s a good call.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 966 viewsJamestownPrince

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 10:59 - Aug 28 by bluefunk

Presume it is as Loam is a type of soil, hence being grounded!
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 12:25 - Aug 28 with 939 viewsronnyd

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 09:31 - Aug 28 by itfcsuth

He’s not long turned 20. He has such a bright future ahead of him, but still a long way to go.

My personal opinion is that he has something to offer here, and would have preferred him to be with us.

However, if the opportunity comes where he can play week in week out at L1/2 level, I think that could prove invaluable, and I don’t think he will do that here this year.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 9:32]

Agree that he is still young and learning his trade, but when you look at players like Sancho and Bellingham, you realise age shouldn't be the barrier if you have the ability. We've had a few like that unfortunately.
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 13:01 - Aug 28 with 892 viewsbluefunk

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 11:52 - Aug 28 by BlueBadger

I am indeed embarrassed
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 13:03 - Aug 28 with 879 viewsronnyd

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 11:52 - Aug 28 by BlueBadger

Can't beat a bit of earthy humour.
Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 13:32 - Aug 28 with 832 viewsFartman

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 11:57 - Aug 28 by Vic

PC is on record as saying that putting young players into the first team with the expectation they will pull the team along is not helpful to them. I agree with him. It was a mistake many of us made on here when we said we wanted the likes of Dozzer, Downs, Bishop, etc to be the fulcrum of our team a couple of season ago. They simply weren’t ready for it and so struggled to improve whilst we all got increasingly frustrated.

Cook and everyone at the club is aiming at promotion this season if at all possible - there will be pressure on the players to perform. Is that a good/helpful environment for a young, developing player? Possibly, if they are already better than others at the club, but it could easily work the other way.

They’ve made the judgement that Dobs is best this season out on loan, getting games, feeling pressure without it overwhelming him. Personally I think it’s a good call.

What’s the point in adding Barry then? Same position, unproven in adult/mussle footie and he’s not ours either. Not impressed so far, but hopefully he’ll come good when he finds his feet. Not a fan of these kind of loans and short term players, that will defently hold the development of our own back.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 14:23 - Aug 28 with 771 viewsITFC_96

Is Dobra the new Jamie Peters on 13:32 - Aug 28 by Fartman

What’s the point in adding Barry then? Same position, unproven in adult/mussle footie and he’s not ours either. Not impressed so far, but hopefully he’ll come good when he finds his feet. Not a fan of these kind of loans and short term players, that will defently hold the development of our own back.

Same thing happened with Georgiou and Bennetts. That did us a fat load of good...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024