Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives from yesterday 13:34 - Aug 29 with 1298 viewsIllinoisblue

Coulson. Looked really good. Strong in defence and got forward well. Penney hadn’t done much wrong but good to know we’re more than covered on the left side.

Second goal - well worked and well taken.

KVY - looked more like his old self.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Positives from yesterday on 13:40 - Aug 29 with 1257 viewsunstableblue

Was just posting the same on Coulsen

We had a neutral in our group who could not believe Boro let him go and he was playing League One

Agree KVY is back on it

BUT the crossing in general first half was really bad.

If we can Evans and Harper to click now, then we go on a run.

Harper though does play on the edge, looks like he’s going to lose possession in key areas at any time!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Positives from yesterday on 14:09 - Aug 29 with 1154 viewskizaitfc

Positives from yesterday on 13:40 - Aug 29 by unstableblue

Was just posting the same on Coulsen

We had a neutral in our group who could not believe Boro let him go and he was playing League One

Agree KVY is back on it

BUT the crossing in general first half was really bad.

If we can Evans and Harper to click now, then we go on a run.

Harper though does play on the edge, looks like he’s going to lose possession in key areas at any time!!

Agree on all those points.

I have a feeling another CM is coming in Morsy or someone else, the Harper Evans partnership just not working they are both quite similar and don't have the defensive ability to read the game and shut help the defenders out

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Positives from yesterday on 14:41 - Aug 29 with 1066 viewsclive_baker

Agree Coulson was excellent, just ran out of steam last 20 minutes but that will come. Him and Edwards on the left m, and KVY & Burns down the right has the making of 2 really good partnerships.

I really like Piggot, just seems a proper old fashioned centre forward, really street wise, uses his body really well but a good touch and can play. Him and Bonne will score goals.

Disappointment for me yesterday was Fraser. People have been clamouring for him to be back in his favoured #10 but he didn’t do anywhere near enough for me. Sloppy in possession at times and failed to really stamp his authority. He’s clearly a good player, but want to see more from him. Evans and Harper looked like they were getting overrun in the middle, as we saw against MK Dons which needs to be rectified. Morsy would be phenomenal, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Definitely good signs going forward, but we looked naive tactically, weak centrally and somewhat suspect goalkeeping I would say. Address those and we can get going I’m sure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Positives from yesterday on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 1032 viewschrismakin

Positives from yesterday on 14:41 - Aug 29 by clive_baker

Agree Coulson was excellent, just ran out of steam last 20 minutes but that will come. Him and Edwards on the left m, and KVY & Burns down the right has the making of 2 really good partnerships.

I really like Piggot, just seems a proper old fashioned centre forward, really street wise, uses his body really well but a good touch and can play. Him and Bonne will score goals.

Disappointment for me yesterday was Fraser. People have been clamouring for him to be back in his favoured #10 but he didn’t do anywhere near enough for me. Sloppy in possession at times and failed to really stamp his authority. He’s clearly a good player, but want to see more from him. Evans and Harper looked like they were getting overrun in the middle, as we saw against MK Dons which needs to be rectified. Morsy would be phenomenal, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Definitely good signs going forward, but we looked naive tactically, weak centrally and somewhat suspect goalkeeping I would say. Address those and we can get going I’m sure.

Thing is, so far we've seen most of the new signings. As you know, not every signing works.
Fraser.. i've wanted to see him as the 10, is he fit yet? does our formation suit him? do we require more from him specifically than MK Dons did last year as an individual or was he able to float around and get involved without being picked up etc.

Evans, Harper, is it one of those midfield pairings that doesnt work together, it wouldn't be the first - Gerrard/Lampard as an example... ( And no, not saying they are as good as them)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Positives from yesterday on 15:43 - Aug 29 with 923 viewsreusersfreekicks

Positives from yesterday on 14:50 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Thing is, so far we've seen most of the new signings. As you know, not every signing works.
Fraser.. i've wanted to see him as the 10, is he fit yet? does our formation suit him? do we require more from him specifically than MK Dons did last year as an individual or was he able to float around and get involved without being picked up etc.

Evans, Harper, is it one of those midfield pairings that doesnt work together, it wouldn't be the first - Gerrard/Lampard as an example... ( And no, not saying they are as good as them)

Cook bought them to play together
Positives from yesterday on 15:44 - Aug 29 with 915 viewschrismakin

Positives from yesterday on 15:43 - Aug 29 by reusersfreekicks

Cook bought them to play together

Yes the same as the rest of his signings.

Doesn't mean they are the best pairing together.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Positives from yesterday on 15:46 - Aug 29 with 911 viewsreusersfreekicks

Positives from yesterday on 15:44 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Yes the same as the rest of his signings.

Doesn't mean they are the best pairing together.

So he ballsed it up
Positives from yesterday on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 897 viewschrismakin

Positives from yesterday on 15:46 - Aug 29 by reusersfreekicks

So he ballsed it up

Possibly, to soon to know. Could just be he see's them as individuals who are a like for like replacement during a game going forwards. Evans has been dropped by PC in the past. Harper has been in and out so far in his early career. No reason either would/should expect to be first names on teamsheets and they won't be.

Login to get fewer ads

Positives from yesterday on 16:30 - Aug 29 with 825 viewsreusersfreekicks

Positives from yesterday on 15:48 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Possibly, to soon to know. Could just be he see's them as individuals who are a like for like replacement during a game going forwards. Evans has been dropped by PC in the past. Harper has been in and out so far in his early career. No reason either would/should expect to be first names on teamsheets and they won't be.

Top class wriggling
Positives from yesterday on 19:36 - Aug 29 with 719 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I’d add Burns to that list. That was his best game yet in a Town shirt. Our front line will take some stopping if he and Edwards both fire on the same day.

The other positive is that we can all see where we need to improve. We are a couple of decent players off being where we want. It’s inevitable that when you sign as many players as we have, some will struggle or may take time to find their feet.

It’s way too early to press the panic button

Poll: Our final position

Positives from yesterday on 19:43 - Aug 29 with 703 viewschrismakin

Positives from yesterday on 19:36 - Aug 29 by southnorfolkblue

I’d add Burns to that list. That was his best game yet in a Town shirt. Our front line will take some stopping if he and Edwards both fire on the same day.

The other positive is that we can all see where we need to improve. We are a couple of decent players off being where we want. It’s inevitable that when you sign as many players as we have, some will struggle or may take time to find their feet.

It’s way too early to press the panic button

I'd be worried personally if we had 0 to be positive about

Under Lambert, we won games early on, but we were never safe, never on the front foot and there wasn't really an answer to the goals we conceded other than teams getting through us and we scraped through games getting results but you never felt it could last

Most if not all goals conceded have been individual errors, Even yesturdays you could say, free header, or poor keeping. Rather than defence being split apart from a pass or a whipped in cross in open play etc.. We're doing ok on that front.
On the attacking side of things we're looking good, it can only get better and will get better and that's why I'm very positive for where we are going

Positives from yesterday on 23:25 - Aug 29 with 554 viewsDubtractor

Positives from yesterday on 14:41 - Aug 29 by clive_baker

I'd been unimpressed by Piggot so far, but thought he had a decent game yesterday, doing exactly what you describe.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024