Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No performances like that when morsey in the team 20:40 - Sep 11 with 1084 viewsnodge_blue

But that is a silly thing to say, the idea that one player will change the team spirit that much.

Plus isn’t this what he said last year. Next year with my new squad you won’t see performances like that? Well we are. He’s lucky morsel signed last second then……if he truely is the difference. Which of course he isn’t.

I hope the new owners realise we aren’t going up this year and prepare for the long haul.

I have resisted being too critical but we really aren’t seeing much at all from this new team. And the manager has to take a large chunk of the blame. Total shambles. Mick mills said heads dropped and no leaders. I thought we were recruiting those types?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:41 - Sep 11 with 1066 viewsStadiumofdark

Yep. Must really lift the spirits of the other players he signed and picked today. Tactically and motivationally inept it seems.
No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:42 - Sep 11 with 1054 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We cannot rely on one player to lift/motivate/carry the team.

We need more individuals in the team to take that responsibility and have the character to lead.

It has been an issue for far too long now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:44 - Sep 11 with 1033 viewschrismakin

Just noticed Mark Steed has removed his tweet about God having mercy on league 1

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:45 - Sep 11 with 1025 viewsDyland

I think the manager has to take all the blame in this instance. It's all on Cook. He still has time imo but let's not dick around softening this sh1t.

Very poor blah blah, and from talking sense last season (even if it was debatable what he was doing), he's now talking sh1te. Ridiculous excuses. And for the record, I think he's a good manager and can sort stuff here. But it's starting to get on my tits.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 1007 viewsstrikalite

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:42 - Sep 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

We cannot rely on one player to lift/motivate/carry the team.

We need more individuals in the team to take that responsibility and have the character to lead.

It has been an issue for far too long now.

I don't even think it's effort, we just leave far too much space, off the ball we're getting punished, not confident with this formation..
No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:48 - Sep 11 with 997 viewsnodge_blue

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:45 - Sep 11 by Dyland

I think the manager has to take all the blame in this instance. It's all on Cook. He still has time imo but let's not dick around softening this sh1t.

Very poor blah blah, and from talking sense last season (even if it was debatable what he was doing), he's now talking sh1te. Ridiculous excuses. And for the record, I think he's a good manager and can sort stuff here. But it's starting to get on my tits.

He plays defensive holding midfielders and we still leak goals. We look a soft touch. By the time we get a few results the season will be gone.

He needs the basics of making us solid first. We have conceded about 3 goals a game at home FFS.

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:51 - Sep 11 with 984 viewschrismakin

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:48 - Sep 11 by nodge_blue

He plays defensive holding midfielders and we still leak goals. We look a soft touch. By the time we get a few results the season will be gone.

He needs the basics of making us solid first. We have conceded about 3 goals a game at home FFS.

Problem is, they are 2 non defensive defensive midfielders.

Evans once had Power or someone else next to him to do the hard work, which allowed Evans to get forward, hence the goals from outside the box

Harper, is CM, who floats about and sprays the ball around, non defensive, non attacking, just a CM, not quite sure how to describe him. He's solid at it... but it doesn't help our defence.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:52 - Sep 11 with 978 viewsSeablu

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:41 - Sep 11 by Stadiumofdark

Yep. Must really lift the spirits of the other players he signed and picked today. Tactically and motivationally inept it seems.

Alarm bells sounded for me the moment Richardson decided he’d rather stay with Wigan.
Cook’s paddling way out of his depth and just spouting meaningless nonsense as the oars drift further and further away from his canoe.
If Gary Roberts and Fran Jeffers were the answer, someone was asking the wrong questions.
Login to get fewer ads

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:53 - Sep 11 with 975 viewsDyland

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:48 - Sep 11 by nodge_blue

Innit, it's a joke. Evans and Harper after looking like the dogs b in the first game look shaky as fook. Both quality players and Harper looks like he enjoys getting forward, but Evans has gone into his shell. Cook is spot on at least about leaders and Morsy needs to take the armband off Evans asap. Or someone. Where are these "characters", lols!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:54 - Sep 11 with 953 viewsnodge_blue

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:52 - Sep 11 by Seablu

Alarm bells sounded for me the moment Richardson decided he’d rather stay with Wigan.
Cook’s paddling way out of his depth and just spouting meaningless nonsense as the oars drift further and further away from his canoe.
If Gary Roberts and Fran Jeffers were the answer, someone was asking the wrong questions.

What gets me with those guys is that Roberts has no track record as a coach and Jeffers youth level. Seemed a real punt. Coupled with the kit man.

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:56 - Sep 11 with 939 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s a joke isn’t it?

Relying on a player we signed in the last hours of deadline day. Putting a player on a pedestal as Cook has with Morsy isn’t a good idea

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:57 - Sep 11 with 927 viewschrismakin

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:52 - Sep 11 by Seablu

It's to soon to know the effect of Leam on PC

I get why you'd see it, but PC had success before Leam, he had success with him of course, and leam took on a side PC had put together and whilst he's signed some players in the summer, it also included players that had already played under him and PC at Pompy/Wigan.

That's not to say it's not the case. But It's to early to call just yet.

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:00 - Sep 11 with 900 viewsnodge_blue

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:56 - Sep 11 by ElderGrizzly

It’s a joke isn’t it?

Relying on a player we signed in the last hours of deadline day. Putting a player on a pedestal as Cook has with Morsy isn’t a good idea

That bit about not being worried about the start of the season is just mind blowing.

He should be worried. Anything else is looking like blind hope.

I’d love to be able to say it does worry me…..LOL. That doesn’t make any sense. It means he’d prefer to be telling us that he’s genuinely worried.

Can I have a go at being manager please?

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:03 - Sep 11 with 874 viewsTrumptonBlue

And, apart from KVY/Donacien, they were all players he has signed, of course. Kind of suggests he bought players who he now doesn't trust to deliver a performance, which doesn't reflect well on his judgement.
No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:05 - Sep 11 with 860 viewsOriginalMarkyP

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 20:57 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

It's to soon to know the effect of Leam on PC

I get why you'd see it, but PC had success before Leam, he had success with him of course, and leam took on a side PC had put together and whilst he's signed some players in the summer, it also included players that had already played under him and PC at Pompy/Wigan.

That's not to say it's not the case. But It's to early to call just yet.

I've been holding this back because I didn't want it to be true but a friend who is a football agent and ex-pro at international and championship level told me when Jeffers came here Everton were about to let him go because they felt he was failing as a youth coach. Maybe he wasn't right but it's looking a lot more likely to me now. And as for Gary Roberts...I have no idea what he's doing here.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:07 - Sep 11 with 845 viewsnodge_blue

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:03 - Sep 11 by TrumptonBlue

And, apart from KVY/Donacien, they were all players he has signed, of course. Kind of suggests he bought players who he now doesn't trust to deliver a performance, which doesn't reflect well on his judgement.

Absolutely. The best teams are ones where you know one or two weak links and you drop in specific players like Marcus Stewart.

We are hoping that we can drop in a whole side.

I think we will get better but we should already be much much better than this,

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:08 - Sep 11 with 833 viewschrismakin

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:05 - Sep 11 by OriginalMarkyP

I've been holding this back because I didn't want it to be true but a friend who is a football agent and ex-pro at international and championship level told me when Jeffers came here Everton were about to let him go because they felt he was failing as a youth coach. Maybe he wasn't right but it's looking a lot more likely to me now. And as for Gary Roberts...I have no idea what he's doing here.

Roberts isn't even a coach, he's pretty much the guy that puts the cones down and collects the balls up.

Jeffers and Craney are the coaches, with PC heavily involved. Players like them.

Jeffers has been very effective, but he is firmly involved in the attacking training drills, Craney is on Midfield, PC kinda oversees the defence during in training mini games etc.

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:13 - Sep 11 with 802 viewsOriginalMarkyP

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:08 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Roberts isn't even a coach, he's pretty much the guy that puts the cones down and collects the balls up.

Jeffers and Craney are the coaches, with PC heavily involved. Players like them.

Jeffers has been very effective, but he is firmly involved in the attacking training drills, Craney is on Midfield, PC kinda oversees the defence during in training mini games etc.

Players don't need to like them. They need to be organised by them. It's a job not a social club.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:15 - Sep 11 with 774 viewschrismakin

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:13 - Sep 11 by OriginalMarkyP

Players don't need to like them. They need to be organised by them. It's a job not a social club.

no, but players are quite vocal to others if/when they don't feel the sessions being put on are good enough, that's what im referring to, not who's the best to have a drink with lol

No performances like that when morsey in the team on 21:17 - Sep 11 with 744 viewsclive_baker

He’s desperate and clueless.

We looked absolutely garbage defensively and tactically today. Properly disorganised, no shape, really really worrying.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024