Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… 08:50 - Sep 23 with 953 viewsElderGrizzly

Note the date below…

[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 8:50]
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 08:56 - Sep 23 with 908 viewsDanTheMan

One of the responses:

"Exactly. Fixing up our infrastructure like replacing the old Victorian drainage system is the way to limit the harm climate change will do. Thats what the focus should be on. not trying to control global temperatures."

This is what we're up against. People thinking we can solve the issue of climate change with a slightly better drainage system.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 08:59 - Sep 23 with 892 viewsDubtractor

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 08:56 - Sep 23 by DanTheMan

One of the responses:

"Exactly. Fixing up our infrastructure like replacing the old Victorian drainage system is the way to limit the harm climate change will do. Thats what the focus should be on. not trying to control global temperatures."

This is what we're up against. People thinking we can solve the issue of climate change with a slightly better drainage system.

Maybe we can make the sea a bit deeper to tackle rising sea levels?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:02 - Sep 23 with 877 viewsGuthrum

TBF, she is paid to write cr@p in order to give Mr Angry from Purley his morning dose of high blood pressure.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:17 - Sep 23 with 820 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 08:59 - Sep 23 by Dubtractor

Maybe we can make the sea a bit deeper to tackle rising sea levels?

Or, and I'm surprised no-one has thought of this before, if we send loads of unemployed people to the Arctic with blowtorches, they could melt all the icebergs and glaciers now, then there won't be any icebergs and glaciers around in 2050 to melt and cause all the trouble.

And if sealions can balance a ball on their nose, then how much harder would it be to train them to collect all the plastic bottles up in the ocean? Marine life needs to pull its weight and contribute, too, rather than whinging on about the water not being clean enough for them.

And then there's the ozone layer. Notice how the hole only started showing up in satellite pictures after the beginning of the space race? Coincidence? Of course not! You keep firing sharp pointy things up into space, you're going to tear a hole in the atmosphere!

The so-called scientists need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and think a bit harder. The solutions are quite simple given a bit of thought.
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:20 - Sep 23 with 804 viewschicoazul

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:02 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

TBF, she is paid to write cr@p in order to give Mr Angry from Purley his morning dose of high blood pressure.

You’ve hit on something that lately really annoys me. If it wasn’t for the likes of the OP I would neither know nor care what Julia Hartley Brewer thinks about anything.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:49 - Sep 23 with 739 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:17 - Sep 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

Or, and I'm surprised no-one has thought of this before, if we send loads of unemployed people to the Arctic with blowtorches, they could melt all the icebergs and glaciers now, then there won't be any icebergs and glaciers around in 2050 to melt and cause all the trouble.

And if sealions can balance a ball on their nose, then how much harder would it be to train them to collect all the plastic bottles up in the ocean? Marine life needs to pull its weight and contribute, too, rather than whinging on about the water not being clean enough for them.

And then there's the ozone layer. Notice how the hole only started showing up in satellite pictures after the beginning of the space race? Coincidence? Of course not! You keep firing sharp pointy things up into space, you're going to tear a hole in the atmosphere!

The so-called scientists need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and think a bit harder. The solutions are quite simple given a bit of thought.

I'm also surprised nobody has realised that the solution to rising sea levels is ramp up our efforts to literally fish things out of it. Just think how much space all those mega shoals of mackerel take up! Catch all of them and our problems will be over!

Even knocking out a bit more of The Great Barrier Reef could make a contribution and make a bit more space for the glacier water. And you could sell bits of it in Aussie tourist shops to fund the effort.

And don't get me started on those "Save the Whale!" types... Bloody idiots! Have you seen how big those things are? They're massive! If we just put a bit more effort into hauling those out then there would be loads more room for glacial meltwater.

Simple practical solutions. Take control of the oceans and get Global Warming done!
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:50 - Sep 23 with 730 viewsElderGrizzly

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:20 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

You’ve hit on something that lately really annoys me. If it wasn’t for the likes of the OP I would neither know nor care what Julia Hartley Brewer thinks about anything.

Appreciate she is a paid shrill, but she does have influence and worryingly represents a significant viewpoint within our country.

She’s the face/voice of ignorance and idiocy
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:52 - Sep 23 with 719 viewsSwansea_Blue

She reminds me of my kids when they were 2 and had learning to identify things, and then were really happy with themselves when they got it right.

Don't know why people give her the oxygen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:11 - Sep 23 with 674 viewsGlasgowBlue

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:02 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

The problem is that she is TV friendly so you gets a platform over all the major channels.

I'm not a believer in so called "cancel culture" but people like JHB have been spreading misinformation during a major health pandemic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:35 - Sep 23 with 628 viewsGuthrum

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:11 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

The problem is that she is TV friendly so you gets a platform over all the major channels.

I'm not a believer in so called "cancel culture" but people like JHB have been spreading misinformation during a major health pandemic.

All that says is she is good at her job and that sh1t sells.

But how to wean people off the diet of rubbish which allows them to feel comfortingly outraged about the lives of others?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:39 - Sep 23 with 618 viewsDanTheMan

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:35 - Sep 23 by Guthrum

All that says is she is good at her job and that sh1t sells.

But how to wean people off the diet of rubbish which allows them to feel comfortingly outraged about the lives of others?

A did read an amusing story the other day about how someone's mum got deep into QAnon and all that entails.

Daughter tried everything to get them off of it but apparently the thing that actually did it was the mum switching to watching Korean TV Soaps instead of YouTube QAnon stuff.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:45 - Sep 23 with 609 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 09:52 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

She reminds me of my kids when they were 2 and had learning to identify things, and then were really happy with themselves when they got it right.

Don't know why people give her the oxygen.

If threads like this did not exist, she would surely not have the oxygen. Social media feeds many that most who use it would like to see starve!
All part of life's rich tapestry I guess.
Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 11:06 - Sep 23 with 583 viewsBlueBadger

Just wait till she finds out that XR campaigners spend ALL DAY breathing out harmful CO2...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 11:12 - Sep 23 with 573 viewsBlueBadger

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 10:11 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

Not to mention all the other crap she spews as well. Remember her Sitters-esque defence of the nazi rioters pissing on the police memorial?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 15:25 - Sep 23 with 420 viewsMattinLondon

Add climate change denier to the other litany of idiotic things… on 11:12 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

Not to mention all the other crap she spews as well. Remember her Sitters-esque defence of the nazi rioters pissing on the police memorial?

Before Brexit I saw her on ‘Have I Hot News For You’ and she didn’t seem that bad. But since then she appears to have been radicalised - a bit like Andrew Neil. Or maybe they were more subtle in their thoughts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024