Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
taking the knree…. 10:27 - Oct 24 with 2362 viewswitchdoctor

not wanting to go into the rights and wrongs of doing this but it was noticeable that one player didn’t do so just before K O yesterday….all about choice I suppose..👍
taking the knree…. on 10:30 - Oct 24 with 1990 viewsParisBlue

The player concerned gave his reasons in an interview on radio Suffolk before the game yesterday.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

taking the knree…. on 10:31 - Oct 24 with 1974 viewsDarth_Koont

Toto I believe.

I must admit, I think the continued kneeling is great. For most of us, it’s our weekly reminder of racial inequality and injustice which is worth 5 seconds of anybody’s time.

Pronouns: He/Him

taking the knree…. on 10:34 - Oct 24 with 1941 viewswitchdoctor

taking the knree…. on 10:30 - Oct 24 by ParisBlue

The player concerned gave his reasons in an interview on radio Suffolk before the game yesterday.

I didn’t hear it…what was the reason out of interest?
taking the knree…. on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 1905 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

taking the knree…. on 10:30 - Oct 24 by ParisBlue

Just a shame he doesn't add a clenched fist to his 'stand' against racism.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

taking the knee…. on 10:36 - Oct 24 with 1906 viewsWeWereZombies

taking the knree…. on 10:31 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

Toto I believe.

I must admit, I think the continued kneeling is great. For most of us, it’s our weekly reminder of racial inequality and injustice which is worth 5 seconds of anybody’s time.

Scottish Premiership have taken it a step further now with players of all teams actually holding up a big red card with the words 'Show Racism the Red Card' before the games yesterday:

https://www.theredcard.org/news/month-of-action-scotland-2021
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:38]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

taking the knree…. on 10:38 - Oct 24 with 1884 viewsPhilTWTD

taking the knree…. on 10:34 - Oct 24 by witchdoctor

Talks about it in here:

Nsiala: Three Points Would Be Massive 22nd Oct 2021 06:00
Fit-again Toto Nsiala has admitted that Town should be looking to collect all three points and make it back-to-back wins under boss Paul Cook for the first time when Fleetwood visit Portman Road tomorrow. 13

taking the knree…. on 10:39 - Oct 24 with 1884 viewsbluelagos

taking the knree…. on 10:34 - Oct 24 by witchdoctor

Toto said a couple of things.

Prime reason being that he wanted to "stand up" against racism rather than subjugate (my word) to it. He said how in America when the American footballer first did it, it was against the background of the national anthem which everyone stands up to.

Also said he thought more should be done than simply taking a knee.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

taking the knree…. on 10:39 - Oct 24 with 1865 viewsHerbivore

"not wanting to go into the rights and wrongs of doing this" - what are the 'wrongs' of making a gesture against racism? Very odd.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

taking the knree…. on 10:42 - Oct 24 with 1825 viewswitchdoctor

taking the knree…. on 10:38 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Talks about it in here:

Nsiala: Three Points Would Be Massive 22nd Oct 2021 06:00
Fit-again Toto Nsiala has admitted that Town should be looking to collect all three points and make it back-to-back wins under boss Paul Cook for the first time when Fleetwood visit Portman Road tomorrow. 13

ta Phil…👍
taking the knree…. on 10:55 - Oct 24 with 1705 viewswitchdoctor

taking the knree…. on 10:39 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

"not wanting to go into the rights and wrongs of doing this" - what are the 'wrongs' of making a gesture against racism? Very odd.

what are you inferring Herbs?
taking the knree…. on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 1629 viewsStokieBlue

taking the knree…. on 10:55 - Oct 24 by witchdoctor

His question is very clear and succinct.

Why don't you answer it rather than batting it back to Herbs? What are the "wrongs" about making a gesture against racism?

It's surely a better use of your time than going around the board making posts about people who aren't here to defend themselves.

SB
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:22]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

taking the knree…. on 11:06 - Oct 24 with 1613 viewsHerbivore

taking the knree…. on 10:55 - Oct 24 by witchdoctor

It was a question, not implying anything I'm just curious as to what the 'wrongs' of an anti-racist gesture would be.

taking the knree…. on 11:16 - Oct 24 with 1553 viewsDarth_Koont

taking the knree…. on 10:39 - Oct 24 by bluelagos

Toto said a couple of things.

Prime reason being that he wanted to "stand up" against racism rather than subjugate (my word) to it. He said how in America when the American footballer first did it, it was against the background of the national anthem which everyone stands up to.

Also said he thought more should be done than simply taking a knee.

I like Toto’s personal stand. Brings extra attention, and of course he’s right that kneeling isn’t anything like enough on its own.

But it needs others kneeling to help make his point otherwise it’s just footballers standing around as normal.

Pronouns: He/Him

taking the knree…. on 11:34 - Oct 24 with 1482 viewswitchdoctor

taking the knree…. on 11:05 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

His question is very clear and succinct.

Why don't you answer it rather than batting it back to Herbs? What are the "wrongs" about making a gesture against racism?

It's surely a better use of your time than going around the board making posts about people who aren't here to defend themselves.

SB
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:22]

bad choice of words I guess…. not everyone is for the gesture …that doesn’t automatically make them racist…or does it?..but having said/typed that there’s nothing wrong at all about taking the knee..if that’s what folk want to do then go ahead…all I wanted to know was Totos reasons for not doing so..

who are these people who aren’t around to defend themselves btw?
taking the knree…. on 11:44 - Oct 24 with 1406 viewsblueboyd

[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:44]
taking the knree…. on 12:37 - Oct 24 with 1256 viewsHerbivore

taking the knree…. on 11:34 - Oct 24 by witchdoctor

bad choice of words I guess…. not everyone is for the gesture …that doesn’t automatically make them racist…or does it?..but having said/typed that there’s nothing wrong at all about taking the knee..if that’s what folk want to do then go ahead…all I wanted to know was Totos reasons for not doing so..

who are these people who aren’t around to defend themselves btw?

I would say that if you are against players making a peaceful anti-racist protest then you probably need to ask yourself a few searching questions. Take the England fans who booed taking the knee in the lead up to and at the start of Euro 2020, if you're booing players taking a stand against racism then what are you expressing? It's hard to draw any conclusion that doesn't come back to those booing it being racist.

taking the knree…. on 12:41 - Oct 24 with 1237 viewsJ2BLUE

taking the knree…. on 12:37 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

I would say that if you are against players making a peaceful anti-racist protest then you probably need to ask yourself a few searching questions. Take the England fans who booed taking the knee in the lead up to and at the start of Euro 2020, if you're booing players taking a stand against racism then what are you expressing? It's hard to draw any conclusion that doesn't come back to those booing it being racist.

Although it was clumsily put, it was quite clear that he meant he didn't want this thread to become another debate on whether it should take place. He was not implying there is anything wrong with it in the literal sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

taking the knree…. on 12:51 - Oct 24 with 1176 viewsHerbivore

taking the knree…. on 12:41 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Although it was clumsily put, it was quite clear that he meant he didn't want this thread to become another debate on whether it should take place. He was not implying there is anything wrong with it in the literal sense.

I'm sure he can speak for himself.

taking the knree…. on 12:53 - Oct 24 with 1168 viewsJ2BLUE

taking the knree…. on 12:51 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

I'm sure he can speak for himself.

I'm sure he can.

I'm sure you knew what he meant. Standing up against racism is admirable. Deliberately misinterpreting something to score points isn't.

You're an intelligent guy. You knew what he meant.

Truly impaired.

taking the knree…. on 12:55 - Oct 24 with 1143 viewsTractorCam

taking the knree…. on 12:41 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

That's the way I read it too.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

taking the knree…. on 12:56 - Oct 24 with 1140 viewstextbackup

for me now its just part of the pre match routine, like the shaking the hands thing, i neither notice it, question it, or really care about that message.
it just happens. racists will still be racist, and those that arent wont be. not sure it's going to change anything

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

taking the knree…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 with 1127 viewsHerbivore

taking the knree…. on 12:53 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

I'm sure he can.

I'm sure you knew what he meant. Standing up against racism is admirable. Deliberately misinterpreting something to score points isn't.

You're an intelligent guy. You knew what he meant.

You seem obsessed by the notion of scoring points, I'm not even sure what you mean by it. This is a forum, there's no points on offer as far as I'm aware.

I was curious about the wording of debating the rights and wrongs of a peaceful anti-racist gesture and what the wrongs might be. I know this kind of thing makes you uncomfortable so I'll leave it there.

taking the knree…. on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 1113 viewsJ2BLUE

taking the knree…. on 12:56 - Oct 24 by textbackup

for me now its just part of the pre match routine, like the shaking the hands thing, i neither notice it, question it, or really care about that message.
it just happens. racists will still be racist, and those that arent wont be. not sure it's going to change anything

It probably changes more than we think, especially at the very top level. If you're a kid growing up in a house with a racist parent then seeing your heroes take the knee might well change your outlook.

Football is incredibly powerful: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-liverpool-islamo

Truly impaired.

taking the knree…. on 13:01 - Oct 24 with 1103 viewsJ2BLUE

taking the knree…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

You seem obsessed by the notion of scoring points, I'm not even sure what you mean by it. This is a forum, there's no points on offer as far as I'm aware.

I was curious about the wording of debating the rights and wrongs of a peaceful anti-racist gesture and what the wrongs might be. I know this kind of thing makes you uncomfortable so I'll leave it there.

I know this kind of thing makes you uncomfortable so I'll leave it there.

Not sure what this means but sadly it's time for me to start work.

Truly impaired.

taking the knree…. on 13:04 - Oct 24 with 1083 viewstextbackup

taking the knree…. on 12:59 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

It probably changes more than we think, especially at the very top level. If you're a kid growing up in a house with a racist parent then seeing your heroes take the knee might well change your outlook.

Football is incredibly powerful: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-liverpool-islamo

yeah very true, hadnt really considered it like that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024