Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it 11:55 - Dec 10 with 943 viewshomer_123

ahhh.....those were the days.

I'd posted in a thread below but thought it deserving of its own thread.....
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 11:57]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:56 - Dec 10 with 911 viewsHerbivore

But we played no football under Mick? Great goal that, we often played football in the right areas of the pitch, we just tended not to dick about with it too much at the back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:57 - Dec 10 with 908 viewsDyland

Four one wasn't it? Bishop masterclass. Things were looking bright. Ffs :(

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:58 - Dec 10 with 904 viewshomer_123

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:56 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

But we played no football under Mick? Great goal that, we often played football in the right areas of the pitch, we just tended not to dick about with it too much at the back.

But look at our possession stats...watching us knock the ball across the back four and back again is why we go to Portman Road isn't it?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:58 - Dec 10 with 889 viewsJakeITFC

Oh Teddy, I miss you :(
Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 12:02 - Dec 10 with 870 viewshoppy

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 12:06 - Dec 10 with 854 viewsBlueBadger

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:58 - Dec 10 by homer_123

But look at our possession stats...watching us knock the ball across the back four and back again is why we go to Portman Road isn't it?

It only counts as a good performance if we lose without scoring, though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 12:58 - Dec 10 with 772 viewsHerbivore

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:57 - Dec 10 by Dyland

Four one wasn't it? Bishop masterclass. Things were looking bright. Ffs :(

Think this one was 2-0, the 4-1 was the season before I believe.

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 13:16 - Dec 10 with 730 viewshoppy

Tabby is ALWAYS deserving of his own thread!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 13:26 - Dec 10 with 698 viewsSouperJim

Different class

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 13:27 - Dec 10 with 693 viewsChurchman

This game was just about the best performance of that season. We actually played well that day and I thought we were really on to something.
Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 13:31 - Dec 10 with 667 viewsBluespeed225

This , Brentford on Boxing Day and Charlton at home a few days later set us up nicely for a little push in the Jan window...
Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 13:42 - Dec 10 with 644 viewsborge

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 11:56 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Literally only one of two bits of decent football I can remember under Mick, the other being the Barca style passing we did for about 20 seconds in one game where the players clearly went rogue. But I do agree that we didn't dick about with it at the back and that is something we clearly do way, way too much now (and last season and the season before).
Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 14:10 - Dec 10 with 600 viewsChrisd

That season was the abnormality. I can remember us playing some really agricultural stuff, which was pretty dire, before and after that season. We really did play some good stuff that afternoon and against a very decent Middlesbrough side, but lets not pretend we did it all the time under MM's reign because the fact is we didn't.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 14:15]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 14:44 - Dec 10 with 547 viewsHerbivore

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 14:10 - Dec 10 by Chrisd

That season was the abnormality. I can remember us playing some really agricultural stuff, which was pretty dire, before and after that season. We really did play some good stuff that afternoon and against a very decent Middlesbrough side, but lets not pretend we did it all the time under MM's reign because the fact is we didn't.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 14:15]

Not all the time, no, but more often than people would like to acknowledge. And it was much better than the dross that's followed in the years since he left.

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 15:13 - Dec 10 with 507 viewsChrisd

Jay Tabb - great header and what about the football leading up to it on 14:44 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Not all the time, no, but more often than people would like to acknowledge. And it was much better than the dross that's followed in the years since he left.

Wish we had played more often like we did against Middlesbrough under MM, where we mixed our play up so well. Not often enough for me, but I doubt we’d be having this conversation if we did.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024