Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook non disclosure agreement? 10:17 - Dec 20 with 1996 viewsRIPbobby

I don't think I have heard a word from him since we parted ways. I get the feeling they made him sign a non disclosure agreement and paid up a lot of his contract. Anybody in the know at all?
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:20 - Dec 20 with 1946 viewsMullet

Possibly. Might just be embarrassed or taking some time to reflect etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:21 - Dec 20 with 1936 viewsabracaDOBRA_

But where would you hear anything from him?
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:22 - Dec 20 with 1929 viewsGuthrum

He's being kept prisoner in a dungeon on Ashton's secret island base in the Bristol Channel, silly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:23 - Dec 20 with 1916 viewsportmanking

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:21 - Dec 20 by abracaDOBRA_

You often find departing managers posting statements on the LMA.
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:29 - Dec 20 with 1871 viewshomer_123

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:22 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

He's being kept prisoner in a dungeon on Ashton's secret island base in the Bristol Channel, silly.

Is Keno Ashton?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 1763 viewsGuthrum

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:29 - Dec 20 by homer_123

Is Keno Ashton?

Have they ever been seen in a room together?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 1763 viewsRozz

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:23 - Dec 20 by portmanking

Looks like his page could use an update... https://leaguemanagers.com/managers/paul-cook/
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:18 - Dec 20 with 1612 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:21 - Dec 20 by abracaDOBRA_

I wouldn't be surprised if the EADT would like an interview.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:23 - Dec 20 with 1582 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:22 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

I think you'll find that it is 'Scilly'.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:26 - Dec 20 with 1556 viewschicoazul

All managers have X months NDA in their post contract settlements. That’s why you never see them spilling the beans on talksport a week after being fired.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:34 - Dec 20 with 1498 viewsMediocre_Quick

Why does it matter? Like really? Why should any of us care in all reality? He wasn't it, he had a crack it, he failed, the club moved on, as should the fans, Cook will say something when he's ready I imagine, but I also don't ever recall him coming out and saying anything when he left Pompey or Wigan
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:52 - Dec 20 with 1410 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:34 - Dec 20 by Mediocre_Quick

Why does it matter? Like really? Why should any of us care in all reality? He wasn't it, he had a crack it, he failed, the club moved on, as should the fans, Cook will say something when he's ready I imagine, but I also don't ever recall him coming out and saying anything when he left Pompey or Wigan

If there are things not right behind the scenes (i.e. if Ashton has been hindering the manager in any way) then we really should care!

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 12:10 - Dec 20 with 1333 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 10:23 - Dec 20 by portmanking

And you often don't as well. Unless there's any evidence he has been bound and gagged, I don't see the point of speculating. There will have been some sort of settlement too - there always is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 12:24 - Dec 20 with 1243 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:18 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I wouldn't be surprised if the EADT would like an interview.

I think we'd all love to know if there were some reasons behind the scenes as to why Cook didn't do better. But naturally Town won't want any of this to come out in the near term & Cook, assuming he wants another job in football, knows that you don't spill the beans & almost certainly signed a non disclosure agreement.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 12:43 - Dec 20 with 1144 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 12:24 - Dec 20 by Radlett_blue

I think we'd all love to know if there were some reasons behind the scenes as to why Cook didn't do better. But naturally Town won't want any of this to come out in the near term & Cook, assuming he wants another job in football, knows that you don't spill the beans & almost certainly signed a non disclosure agreement.

Yep it'd be a standard contractual term. He'll come out in due course and say something along the lines of wishing he'd got more time, there was a takeover and maybe he wasn't the direction the club wanted etc. He'll praise the fans and then move on saying it's football, there's a sacking or two every week etc.

Good luck to him. Didn't work out here, and I was surprised at some of the basics he didn't get right, but he'd have developed and will probably be a better manager for it.
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 13:35 - Dec 20 with 984 viewsRadlett_blue

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 12:43 - Dec 20 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep it'd be a standard contractual term. He'll come out in due course and say something along the lines of wishing he'd got more time, there was a takeover and maybe he wasn't the direction the club wanted etc. He'll praise the fans and then move on saying it's football, there's a sacking or two every week etc.

Good luck to him. Didn't work out here, and I was surprised at some of the basics he didn't get right, but he'd have developed and will probably be a better manager for it.

Cook's now 54 & an experienced manager with some decent success on his CV (excepting his time at Town, of course). I think lack of tactical flexibility was his biggest mistake & that was one thing that fans of other clubs where he had success disliked. Doubt he's going to change much now & sure he'll get another job in League 1 or League 2 if he wants one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 13:40 - Dec 20 with 956 viewsGuthrum

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:52 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

If there are things not right behind the scenes (i.e. if Ashton has been hindering the manager in any way) then we really should care!

Perhaps there simply isn't anything to say on that front, or Cook doesn't want to come across as bitter (given he likely wants to find another job).

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 14:03 - Dec 20 with 895 viewsMediocre_Quick

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 11:52 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why does anything have to be 'not right behind the scenes'? WHy are we already to try blame MA and the new owners for Cook failing? Can't we just accept Cook was sh*te?
Cook non disclosure agreement? on 15:18 - Dec 20 with 795 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 13:40 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

Perhaps there simply isn't anything to say on that front, or Cook doesn't want to come across as bitter (given he likely wants to find another job).

Indeed. I was merely responding to Mediocre who asked, "Why does it matter? Why should any of us care?" I was just giving a reason why we might.

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 15:21 - Dec 20 with 786 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 14:03 - Dec 20 by Mediocre_Quick

Why does anything have to be 'not right behind the scenes'? WHy are we already to try blame MA and the new owners for Cook failing? Can't we just accept Cook was sh*te?

I'm not suggesting there is 'anything not right behind the scenes' and haven't blamed MA for anything. I'm just giving a reason why we might be interested. You asked why we should care. Whether there is something or there isn't, Ipswich fans should absolutely care.

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 15:29 - Dec 20 with 752 viewsMediocre_Quick

Cook non disclosure agreement? on 15:21 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not suggesting there is 'anything not right behind the scenes' and haven't blamed MA for anything. I'm just giving a reason why we might be interested. You asked why we should care. Whether there is something or there isn't, Ipswich fans should absolutely care.

Kind of insinuates that you think there is something wrong with MA and behind the scenes...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024