Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question to those who've had COVID 08:07 - Dec 24 with 1343 viewsBondiBlue

Do you know how you got it? The UK's a bit ahead of us in Australia and we're still slowly getting our heads around the idea that we won't always be protected by lockdowns and jobkeeper (furlough) and we'll probably get it at some point. It seems like you guys are way more used to living with it. My next-door neighbour just told me he's got it so now i'm wondering how i'm going to end up getting it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:14 - Dec 24 with 1301 viewsFixed_It

Four of us went out for a meal at the end of August. 4 days later 3 of us tested positive. Pretty clear where we got it from - but all of us were jabbed and had relatively mild symptoms.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:22 - Dec 24 with 1256 viewsBondiBlue

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:14 - Dec 24 by Fixed_It

Four of us went out for a meal at the end of August. 4 days later 3 of us tested positive. Pretty clear where we got it from - but all of us were jabbed and had relatively mild symptoms.

Amazing that one of the group didn't get it!

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:43 - Dec 24 with 1208 viewsthebooks

I’m pretty certain I got it at the Ipswich Doncaster match. Several others round me in the NS lower contracted it and I’ve heard that many in the NS lower tested positive shortly after.

No-one apart from a brave few have been wearing masks even in the concourse. Football matches seem to be superspreader events.

My son (16) sitting next to me didn’t get it, though.
Question to those who've had COVID on 08:54 - Dec 24 with 1172 viewsBondiBlue

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:43 - Dec 24 by thebooks

I’m pretty certain I got it at the Ipswich Doncaster match. Several others round me in the NS lower contracted it and I’ve heard that many in the NS lower tested positive shortly after.

No-one apart from a brave few have been wearing masks even in the concourse. Football matches seem to be superspreader events.

How did you manage parenting duties when you got it? Bit different to my situation because your boy's older (my girls are 5 and 3) but did you try to steer clear of him until it passed?

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:16 - Dec 24 with 1114 viewsthebooks

Question to those who've had COVID on 08:54 - Dec 24 by BondiBlue

How did you manage parenting duties when you got it? Bit different to my situation because your boy's older (my girls are 5 and 3) but did you try to steer clear of him until it passed?

I basically self-isolated and spent a couple of days in bed. My wife contracted it from me. Our house is too small for everyone to keep separated :-)

Helps that mine are 14 and 16, though. They just tested every day and went to school — my daughter had already had it. I’m very glad they’re older kids and I’m lucky I can work from home.
Question to those who've had COVID on 09:19 - Dec 24 with 1103 viewsitfcjoe

My niece stayed round Saturday, she was negative that morning, went to have her first jab on the Monday and tested positive.

A couple of days later my youngest son tested positive, the following week my wife did - me and my eldest son never got it - my kids at time were 4 and 2 so wasn’t possible to isolate at all as a family

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:25 - Dec 24 with 1078 viewsBloomBlue

One of my neighbour, lovely family have 4 children, I love to see the 2 oldest boys playing football in the street, all those moaning people about 'mind my car', 'mind my flowers' they really should get a life.
Anyway a couple (or so) months ago 3 of the kids and the Dad caught it, one kid didn't and neither did Mum. This was the delta version not omicron. They are sure Dad caught it watching QPR as he's WFH's and not mixing other than at the football and he developed the symptoms first although as we know with COVID that's not a precise indicator and it's possible one of the oldest kids caught it at school
But the interesting thing was the youngest one caught it and it was mild (they all had mild symptoms) but because she's young she needed her Mum and Mum spent a lot of time holding her etc, but as I said Mum never caught it and wasn't vaccinated at that point.
Their GP explained she's seen a lot of examples like that ie just because someone near you has it, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed to catch it, just work on the principle you will and take the relevant precautions
Question to those who've had COVID on 09:26 - Dec 24 with 1072 viewsclive_baker

That was definitely a super spreader event, I know so many people that got it in the North Stand that night. Perhaps not winning more games saved a few other people.

I didn't really develop many symptoms when I got it, just felt a bit run down and tired but with 2 little ones I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired to be fair. My wife has been on the front line for the most part nursing in intensive care (before mat leave) so I wasn't surprised to get it at some point. As the OP says, I think realistically people will catch this at some stage, but its massively favourable to slow that spread. And prevention is always better than cure, I've seen the damage it can do to people of all ages. Ultimately the same things are true now as have been a long time:

- Vaccines work, go and get them if you haven't already. The data is overwhelmingly in favour of having it.

- Prevention is better than cure, be vigilant, wear masks, wash hands, keep your space.

- If you do catch it, isolate and follow the steps. And drink plenty of water. And be grateful that we're exposed to some of the best medical professionals and care givers on this planet.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:44 - Dec 24 with 1020 viewsthebooks

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:26 - Dec 24 by clive_baker

That was definitely a super spreader event, I know so many people that got it in the North Stand that night. Perhaps not winning more games saved a few other people.

I didn't really develop many symptoms when I got it, just felt a bit run down and tired but with 2 little ones I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired to be fair. My wife has been on the front line for the most part nursing in intensive care (before mat leave) so I wasn't surprised to get it at some point. As the OP says, I think realistically people will catch this at some stage, but its massively favourable to slow that spread. And prevention is always better than cure, I've seen the damage it can do to people of all ages. Ultimately the same things are true now as have been a long time:

- Vaccines work, go and get them if you haven't already. The data is overwhelmingly in favour of having it.

- Prevention is better than cure, be vigilant, wear masks, wash hands, keep your space.

- If you do catch it, isolate and follow the steps. And drink plenty of water. And be grateful that we're exposed to some of the best medical professionals and care givers on this planet.

Yes, I should point out I was double vaccinated when I got it (boosted now), and my son had had his first vaccine (now had two). Your advice is right!

I felt very rough for two days, with the worst sore throat I’ve ever had. My sense of smell and taste is still affected, but luckily I’ve avoided the fatigue you can get from long Covid.

I dread to think how ill I might have been if I hadn’t been vaccinated.

I am one of the few who does wear a mask in the concourse, although not at my seat. I should do really.

I’m sure most people will end up getting it but, like you say, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take these precautions; there are still lots of vulnerable people out there. Obviously the earlier you get it in the whole vaccine/mutation process, the worse.
Question to those who've had COVID on 09:51 - Dec 24 with 993 viewshype313

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:44 - Dec 24 by thebooks

Yes, I should point out I was double vaccinated when I got it (boosted now), and my son had had his first vaccine (now had two). Your advice is right!

I felt very rough for two days, with the worst sore throat I’ve ever had. My sense of smell and taste is still affected, but luckily I’ve avoided the fatigue you can get from long Covid.

I dread to think how ill I might have been if I hadn’t been vaccinated.

I am one of the few who does wear a mask in the concourse, although not at my seat. I should do really.

I’m sure most people will end up getting it but, like you say, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take these precautions; there are still lots of vulnerable people out there. Obviously the earlier you get it in the whole vaccine/mutation process, the worse.

The sore throat is the kicker, for 3 days waking up unable to swallow (careful Warky) was brutal, breakfast consisted of a packet of Strepsils.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Question to those who've had COVID on 09:54 - Dec 24 with 982 viewsCotty

Most likely we got it from school.
Question to those who've had COVID on 10:49 - Dec 24 with 881 viewsBondiBlue

Sounds like school and footy seem to be the most popular. As a primary school teacher and parent, can't wait til the school year starts again in feb. Glad i can't catch it through ifollow.

Question to those who've had COVID on 12:22 - Dec 24 with 734 viewsEwan_Oozami

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that wears his mask with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in the North Stand Concourse
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were maskless,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That wore their mask on #PackOutPR day.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024