Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads 17:00 - Jan 22 with 1232 viewsRyorry

Who was our last manager with a starting record as good as that, stattos? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 17:12 - Jan 22 with 1160 viewsChurchman

It may have been a scramble, it may not have been the thumping I was hoping for, but it was a WIN. It’s a good start for McKenna. Three in four and every week that goes by he hopefully settles in and learns a bit more about his players.

Worse case - we remain mid table but go into the next season with a basis of a team. That is the benefit of having players of mostly the right age on longer contracts. Not every player of Cook’s will stay or was ever going to be a success. Not all transfers are going to work out (even Alex F and Brian C got it wrong sometimes), but with a decent goalie, Centre Half, hopefully Bonne plus a few others, we will be a lot further forward than June last year and the bomb squad.

Well done KM and the players. I love it when we win a game or two or three.
3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 17:15 - Jan 22 with 1139 viewsVic

No idea. But the more we win the more confident the players will be in KM and his philosophy.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 17:25 - Jan 22 with 1090 viewswkj

I think that's the best start a town manager has had for us in a very long time. Mick's start was pretty good too, though I don't think he was 9 points from 12.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 19:59 - Jan 22 with 939 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 20:12 - Jan 22 with 898 viewsNthsuffolkblue

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 19:59 - Jan 22 by SitfcB

Such a positive outlook. Talking keenly about wanting us to play Saturday-Tuesday. Such a breath of fresh air.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 21:00 - Jan 22 with 844 viewsN2_Blue

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 20:12 - Jan 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Such a positive outlook. Talking keenly about wanting us to play Saturday-Tuesday. Such a breath of fresh air.

Yes thought that comment was very telling. All our other recent managers would have moaned about having to play games so quickly. Mckenna just wants to get on with it.

Love everything about him so far!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 21:03 - Jan 22 with 825 viewswkj

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 21:00 - Jan 22 by N2_Blue

Yes thought that comment was very telling. All our other recent managers would have moaned about having to play games so quickly. Mckenna just wants to get on with it.

Love everything about him so far!

I thought it was a great interview - the guy just talks total football and I love it. He's not rude about the fans, but he's not trying to win us over with pats on the head - meanwhile he's very sweet in his real-life respect for Aluko.

I hope it works here for him, as he's gonna go far in the game I think.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 21:08 - Jan 22 with 805 viewsPhilTWTD

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 19:59 - Jan 22 by SitfcB

The two pre-war ones both did it, Mick O'Brien won his first five.
Login to get fewer ads

3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 21:18 - Jan 22 with 757 viewsgtsb1966

"I'm itching for playing Saturdays and Tuesdays. We've got a squad and I want to see them play and see what they can do". Whatever happens this season you can be certain anyone who doesn't give their all or who isn't quite good enough, through no fault of their own, won't be here next season. We haven't had a manager this focused for years.
3 wins outa first 4, nice one KM, & well done the lads on 23:48 - Jan 22 with 639 viewsRyorry

Ah, cheers Sitters 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024