Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here 09:39 - Feb 22 with 1500 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/feb/21/a-day-with-leeds-and-manchester

I did like this bit:

"the away fans were being smuggled into the stadium by the back door. They, too, were in assertive spirits, with this correspondent mistaken by one bus-load for a Leeds fan and given the finger by dozens of young men for more than a minute"

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 09:49 - Feb 22 with 1399 viewsnoggin

I know it's wrong to stereotype but Leeds fans are scum (some of them)

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:00 - Feb 22 with 1344 viewsNthQldITFC

Sounds like something Humphrey Lyttleton might have said.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:04 - Feb 22 with 1340 viewsNthQldITFC

If you look at the web page on a computer screen (rather than a little phone) the photo under that passage you've highlighted looks wonky because of the perspective of the stadium structure. It's the sort of optical illusion that always makes me feel like I'm sliding sideways off my chair!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:14 - Feb 22 with 1308 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 09:49 - Feb 22 by noggin

I worked in a pub (the big 'Spoons if you were wondering) in Leeds City Centre the year they got relegated from the Prem.

The ones in our pub that day started trashing the place so the boss hurried us into the corridor behind the bar. One lad reckoned they weren't so bad and stayed out there. After about a minute, we heard a massive crash and he dashed back in looking pretty shaky. Someone had thrown a bottle and taken out a 2l optic of vodka.

The boss had called the police but the Leeds "fans" knew exactly how long they had. The mob were pouring out the door towards the station about a minute before the riot police started charging in the other door.

Quite a few of the lads I worked with were Leeds fans as well and they were sound though. Just embarrassed by the behaviour of others.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:28 - Feb 22 with 1244 viewsgiant_stow

In my naivety ages back I wondered up to an Leeds v Orient game and it turned out my seat was right next to the line of stewards separating the agro Leeds fans. One guy spent the whole game staring at me doing the cut throat gesture. I'm a big pussy, so this scared the sh1t out of me tbh. So much agro in those people and that was just little Orient coming to their lair ffs!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:56 - Feb 22 with 1131 viewsSteve_M

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:28 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

In my naivety ages back I wondered up to an Leeds v Orient game and it turned out my seat was right next to the line of stewards separating the agro Leeds fans. One guy spent the whole game staring at me doing the cut throat gesture. I'm a big pussy, so this scared the sh1t out of me tbh. So much agro in those people and that was just little Orient coming to their lair ffs!

I thought you would have been used to the aggro from seeing 'the snake pit' at Carrow Road.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 11:05 - Feb 22 with 1087 viewsgiant_stow

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:56 - Feb 22 by Steve_M

I thought you would have been used to the aggro from seeing 'the snake pit' at Carrow Road.

You'd probably get more trouble from the family enclosure at Leeds than the snakepit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 11:59 - Feb 22 with 956 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those chucking missiles onto the pitch certainly are. You get them everywhere, but Leeds certainly have their share. I wish the PL would stamp down hard - if it was up to me, I'd ban their fans from matches for the rest of the season. Or points deduction. Otherwise nothing will change.

Football's not in a particularly good place right now - the level of anger, bad behaviour, drunkenness, etc., is as bad as I've known it. Maybe not as focussed as some of the stuff in the early 80s, but it seems to be infecting more of the crowd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 12:17 - Feb 22 with 914 viewsSamWhiteUK

Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 10:04 - Feb 22 by NthQldITFC

If you look at the web page on a computer screen (rather than a little phone) the photo under that passage you've highlighted looks wonky because of the perspective of the stadium structure. It's the sort of optical illusion that always makes me feel like I'm sliding sideways off my chair!

Bit early to be drinking mate, but each to their own
Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 12:53 - Feb 22 with 869 viewsMattinLondon

Leeds fans do have a reputation for being absolute bell ends.

But in their defence, when we played them at the time of the Suffolk Murders, their behaviour was impeccable. Their were quiet and respectful during the minutes silence and observed the ‘sermon’ by the Bishop who led the minutes silence.

I’m not at all religious so I’m unsure if the correct terminology.
Guardian photo on Leeds - Man Utd here on 15:11 - Feb 22 with 661 viewsBlueRaider

Players need to stop running to sections of opposition fans to celebrate, no excuse for throwing stuff though

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024