Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… 10:53 - Feb 23 with 1146 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Which do people think works best for away games?

Picking seats is good as it means in theory, those who go to most games (Gold Cards or ST holders) get their pick of the best places to be and can sit with mates. Having said that, when they open up away ends in stages (Wimbledon for example), that doesn’t always work out!

Always used to be something quite exciting about getting away tickets in the post and seeing whether you were row A or row

When there’s a rush in tickets like this morning, having to add seats before checking out just feels like hassle
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 1115 viewsbluelagos

One thing struck me at MK Dons - so on here we have countless posters complaining at having to stand up - others labelled as inconsiderate for wanting to stand or choosing to stand with their mates rather than their allocated seats.

So when I arrived I couldn't tell where my seat was - they didn't seem to have visible seat numbers, plus the steward had no clue - so I basically jumped on a row where there seemed to be some space - game had started - no trouble.

I looked down at the front rows and pretty much everyone is standing. So I look over to the left where there are some empty seats and literally I can count 5 people sitting among maybe 80 or so empty seats. Anyone could have wondered down there (who was unhappy or struggling to stand) yet no one did.

Makes me think the anti-standing voices on here are far from typical amongst fans who actually go the match.

To answer your question - I just think they should label and allocate the first couple of rows as "sitting" or "elderly friendly" and then leave all other seats to be unallocated. That way the elderly get to see the game, the younguns get to stand with their mates.

Can't see what the problem is...
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 11:19]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 1105 viewsSitfcB

Prefer when it was randomly allocated!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 11:08 - Feb 23 with 1084 viewsTractorCam

I do find it strange as people like to cram on the back couple of rows, but you can pick your seats unlike other years. Whenever i've wanted to be in that area i've easily managed to just get the tickets there.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 13:31 - Feb 23 with 951 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 11:03 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

One thing struck me at MK Dons - so on here we have countless posters complaining at having to stand up - others labelled as inconsiderate for wanting to stand or choosing to stand with their mates rather than their allocated seats.

So when I arrived I couldn't tell where my seat was - they didn't seem to have visible seat numbers, plus the steward had no clue - so I basically jumped on a row where there seemed to be some space - game had started - no trouble.

I looked down at the front rows and pretty much everyone is standing. So I look over to the left where there are some empty seats and literally I can count 5 people sitting among maybe 80 or so empty seats. Anyone could have wondered down there (who was unhappy or struggling to stand) yet no one did.

Makes me think the anti-standing voices on here are far from typical amongst fans who actually go the match.

To answer your question - I just think they should label and allocate the first couple of rows as "sitting" or "elderly friendly" and then leave all other seats to be unallocated. That way the elderly get to see the game, the younguns get to stand with their mates.

It's a good idea, but allocating some seats as 'sitting' would infer that it's OK to stand in the other seated areas.

I suspect the club's aren't allowed to do that.

Bring on safe standing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 13:51 - Feb 23 with 915 viewsMeadowlark

I think a lot of Town supporters ignore their allocated seat and assume that they can sit/stand anywhere.
I've had to turf people out of my seat a few times this season, and to he honest, other times I just couldn't be arsed, but if you've arranged to meet your mates it's annoying if your allocated seats are already taken by the time you get in.
If it's clearly unallocated, then fair enough, but it rarely is.
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 14:00 - Feb 23 with 898 viewsMattinLondon

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 13:51 - Feb 23 by Meadowlark

I think a lot of Town supporters ignore their allocated seat and assume that they can sit/stand anywhere.
I've had to turf people out of my seat a few times this season, and to he honest, other times I just couldn't be arsed, but if you've arranged to meet your mates it's annoying if your allocated seats are already taken by the time you get in.
If it's clearly unallocated, then fair enough, but it rarely is.

But in the past I’ve entered the seating area of the stand where the stewards have said ‘seat anywhere’. And if a steward says that you can seat where you want then whatever is printed on the ticket is meaningless.
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 17:51 - Feb 23 with 796 viewsTractorCam

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 13:31 - Feb 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's a good idea, but allocating some seats as 'sitting' would infer that it's OK to stand in the other seated areas.

I suspect the club's aren't allowed to do that.

Bring on safe standing.

That's true, but this year the club have sometimes told fans where to buy tickets in "safe seating" areas, I guess that's a way they get around it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 679 viewsSarge

I honestly don’t get why people want to stand at football games. Would you stand up at the cinema? Or indeed at most other sporting events?
Login to get fewer ads

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 22:04 - Feb 23 with 642 viewsMeadowlark

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 14:00 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

But in the past I’ve entered the seating area of the stand where the stewards have said ‘seat anywhere’. And if a steward says that you can seat where you want then whatever is printed on the ticket is meaningless.

Yes, I agree. That happens a lot. Lazy stewarding.
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 22:11 - Feb 23 with 617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, Oxford....sit/stand where you like or.......?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 22:32 - Feb 23 with 579 viewstextbackup

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 22:11 - Feb 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

So, Oxford....sit/stand where you like or.......?

After clicking about 15 sets of seats to get the message ‘this seat is taken’ I’ll be annoyed if it’s sit where you like, makes the booking system pointless, and long/drawn out
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 22:38]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 23:39 - Feb 23 with 530 viewsFifeITFC

To play devil's advocate here. At home games you'll often find the "elderly" or sitting down fans in the more expensive side stand seats or ones with a better view of the pitch.

The people who stand are normally in the SBR Lower close behind the goal.

But away from home, you want the elderly to sit down the front, get a poorer view sitting down than you would get at a home game standing up from the same vantage position so the "young ones" can stand up at the back and get a better view that they don't take up the option of at Portman Road?

Just seems a tad selfish to me...

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 23:55 - Feb 23 with 512 viewsDinDjarin

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 22:32 - Feb 23 by textbackup

After clicking about 15 sets of seats to get the message ‘this seat is taken’ I’ll be annoyed if it’s sit where you like, makes the booking system pointless, and long/drawn out
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 22:38]

I bought seats where I wanted to sit with my kids so anyone in my seats will be politely asked to move.
Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 08:05 - Feb 24 with 465 viewstextbackup

Pick your own seats or randomly allocated… on 23:55 - Feb 23 by DinDjarin

I bought seats where I wanted to sit with my kids so anyone in my seats will be politely asked to move.

And so they should.

In an away end that holds 3k if we take 800 of course sit where u like, sold out away ends have to remain allocated

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024