Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? 19:40 - Feb 26 with 1398 viewsMattinLondon

Shane Supple later alluded that some of the players were worried about being transfer listed or not having their contracts extended if they were promoted.

Do you think that this is a factor in all of our strikers being in a poor run of form? That in the back of their minds they think that they won’t be kept on if the club were to make the playoffs and win them?
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:46 - Feb 26 with 1303 viewsFrimleyBlue

No, they just can't score. They're trying, but the desperation to score is resulting in missing fairly easy chances. Norwood against Burton for example, 1-1 with keeper had time to shape body and finish with right foot. instead he rushed it, fumbled and shot wide with left foot

Sometimes it's luck, some is body positioning, but most of the time it's just calmness and confidence on the ball, not taking pot shots when a yard has been created, or trying pot shots when there's 0 space to do so, rushing your shots when you can bring the ball down, closing your eyes when heading and double thinking before you jump on where you're gonna head it and trying to put it someone specific rather than just getting it on target.

It can work both ways tho, Burns for example is better when he just uses his laces and is solely focused on just hitting the target and hoping, but when he tries to place it you get Burns v Cheltenham opening chance..

Also, regarding your OP, scoring goals would give them a better chance of getting a contract or even having other clubs wanting them, keep missing chances and you start having colchester sniffing all over you
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 19:50]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 1254 viewsKropotkin123

No, I don't think Bonne is in poor form because of that. He is with a Championship club and would prefer to be with us in the Championship.

Jackson was on the road to nowhere, so trying to salvage the latter half of the season is in his interest. Similarly Norwood.

Pigott has signed this season and it hasn't worked for him so far. Nothing beyond that imo.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 1242 viewsHARRY10

yes, as it would mean them not coming up with us - we would dimply rip up their contracts

they would have to join another L1 club

you haven't really thought this through, I'm afraid
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 1242 viewsChurchman

No, it’s just not happening for them at the moment. Those lads are motivated and want to succeed.
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 20:14 - Feb 26 with 1137 viewsMattinLondon

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:51 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

yes, as it would mean them not coming up with us - we would dimply rip up their contracts

they would have to join another L1 club

you haven't really thought this through, I'm afraid

I was simply asking a question rather than alluding to anything such as having their contracts ripped up.

You really didn’t think out your reply did you.
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:09 - Feb 26 with 1003 viewslazyblue

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 19:46 - Feb 26 by FrimleyBlue

No, they just can't score. They're trying, but the desperation to score is resulting in missing fairly easy chances. Norwood against Burton for example, 1-1 with keeper had time to shape body and finish with right foot. instead he rushed it, fumbled and shot wide with left foot

Sometimes it's luck, some is body positioning, but most of the time it's just calmness and confidence on the ball, not taking pot shots when a yard has been created, or trying pot shots when there's 0 space to do so, rushing your shots when you can bring the ball down, closing your eyes when heading and double thinking before you jump on where you're gonna head it and trying to put it someone specific rather than just getting it on target.

It can work both ways tho, Burns for example is better when he just uses his laces and is solely focused on just hitting the target and hoping, but when he tries to place it you get Burns v Cheltenham opening chance..

Also, regarding your OP, scoring goals would give them a better chance of getting a contract or even having other clubs wanting them, keep missing chances and you start having colchester sniffing all over you
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 19:50]

I take it you really don’t believe what your saying ? For starters Bonne on loan and other contracts running out.
Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 975 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:09 - Feb 26 by lazyblue

I take it you really don’t believe what your saying ? For starters Bonne on loan and other contracts running out.

?

I don't believe the OP in that the strikers aren't trying.

Imo they are. But for various reasons they aren't scoring

I don't believe they are downing tools. Sometimes I think some players do.. but strikers need goals to get moves.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:16 - Feb 26 with 962 viewsWickets

No
Login to get fewer ads

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:42 - Feb 26 with 855 viewsVic

No!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Do you remember when we were top of the Championship under Royle? on 21:48 - Feb 26 with 832 viewsjayessess

There's no one playing for us whose career will benefit from a period of really poor form.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024