Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ 20:19 - Mar 22 with 1990 viewsMaySixth

doesn't give a reason at all for leaving IMO

btw excellent interview

the interviewer kept quiet, let Dyer speak, other podcast hosts take note
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 20:22]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 1894 viewsNthQldITFC

Essentially he said he didn't agree with aspects of the club's ethos now, namely player progression, and felt he wasn't therefore able to be 100% committed to club philosophy. He also said he didn't necessarily believe that the club were wrong and he was right.

In my book that is far from a 'massive flounce' and is actually a very honourable and dedicated thing to do for the club, when he could have just carried on doing a very good, but not perfect job.

Agree it was a good interview.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 20:46 - Mar 22 with 1845 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's an interesting one. Know of a few u23 managers who left because first team manager ignored the u23s, but that was non league, never thought i'd see it in a prof club.

To me, he's too close to the players. He hasn't lost that player head and this is what is stopping him from becoming a manager imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 21:08 - Mar 22 with 1751 viewsHullblue

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 20:46 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

It's an interesting one. Know of a few u23 managers who left because first team manager ignored the u23s, but that was non league, never thought i'd see it in a prof club.

To me, he's too close to the players. He hasn't lost that player head and this is what is stopping him from becoming a manager imo.

Agreed. Also wonder whether it’s because he cares about the club a lot. It seems to make him quite emotional in his decision-making at times. Part of the reason we love him, of course.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 00:07 - Mar 23 with 1512 viewsBondiBlue

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 20:46 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

KD being close with norwood worked out well though, didn't it? And it sounds like he and klug treating flynn downes like a human being had convinced him to give cook another chance, which cook blew.

I know what you mean - when he talks about chirewa being someone you could turn to when you need a goal in a first team match, he's making the assumption that everything will go perfectly. Overall though, i like how he talks about man management and the evidence exists that he's good at it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 07:27 - Mar 23 with 1247 viewsArnieM

Well I’ve just listened to the whole podcast. Quite enlightening in many respects . But it comes down to a few things really.( synopsis below)……

1). Mark Ashton …and the Clubs vision… which appears to not include a pathway for the U23players in to the senior team. KD felt that he couldn’t work for Ashton / Gamechangers when their fundamental vision appears at loggerheads with his very role with the U23’s and the preparation and supposed pathway to the senior squad. He appears to be saying it doesn’t exist….and maybe long term there will not be a “pathway”….which if true is a worrying aspect for me.

Dyer questions why Cameron Humphreys is not in the midfield when Morsy is out injured, because Dyer is adamant that Humphreys is THE next best midfielder at this club behind Morsy. Why is Baggot at least not on the bench …why is Chirewa and / or Simpson not being given some ministers when we are crying out for goals ( both players score goals for fun in U23’s…a team that he says has taken PL clubs to the cleaners , but this is hardly ever reported upon…

2). Mark Ashton…. And bringing in of John McGreal (an experienced manager) as an “assistant” to Dyer in the U23’s,
3). Mark Ashton…..the sacking of Cook, and Ashton’s preference of “ promoting” McGreal as caretaker manager over Dyer.

4) He had a lot of respect for Cook, “ has never known a manager work harder, but he was trying to do everything himself “. This probably relates to the lack of back up team which never came down from Wigan. He never recovered from that and KD says he was trying to support his coaching team as well as do the job as manager . He watched ALL the clubs games and training session from U16 - U23’s and the seniors .

5) He had little respect for Lambert.

There is the wider issues Dyer talks of, regarding his inability to even get replies from various Clubs (including National League level), when he’s applied for managers jobs. He states he’s been unable to get that “ experience” in the game, and that’s it’s down to ethnicity, (can’t disagree there as there are only 10 black English managers involved in the game according to the interviewer).

My observations of KD in this interview, is that he wears his heart on his sleeve, and he openly admits he is a very emotional person. He clearly bleeds Blue & White, and is obviously a massive fan. He is not the most eloquent of speakers . By that I mean he doesn’t always appear to get across fully or clearly what he’s trying to say. That’s not a criticism , but more an observation.

Health wise he’s in a very good place right now, and is 9n the Liver transplant list . For this he has to be no more than an hour away from Addenbrooks hospital so it’s unlikely he’ll be in for any other roles in the game just yet.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:29 - Mar 23 with 1147 viewsGeoffSentence

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 20:38 - Mar 22 by NthQldITFC

Essentially he said he didn't agree with aspects of the club's ethos now, namely player progression, and felt he wasn't therefore able to be 100% committed to club philosophy. He also said he didn't necessarily believe that the club were wrong and he was right.

In my book that is far from a 'massive flounce' and is actually a very honourable and dedicated thing to do for the club, when he could have just carried on doing a very good, but not perfect job.

Agree it was a good interview.

I thought it was a terrific insight into the goings on behind the scenes.

Regarding the club ethos, didn't Mark Ashton or one of the other big nobs suggest some time back that they wanted to bring in players of a 'good age'? My understanding of which was that the strategy is to buy good young players and move them on for a profit later, which limits opportunities for the u23s.

My only problem with KD's interview was that he wasn't clearer on how his ethos and the club's were out of alignment. The suggestion was definitely that there was little prospect of U23 players moving in to the first team, but he could have gone into detail about why.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:39 - Mar 23 with 1108 viewsChrisd

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:29 - Mar 23 by GeoffSentence

Regarding the club ethos, didn't Mark Ashton or one of the other big nobs suggest some time back that they wanted to bring in players of a 'good age'? My understanding of which was that the strategy is to buy good young players and move them on for a profit later, which limits opportunities for the u23s.

My only problem with KD's interview was that he wasn't clearer on how his ethos and the club's were out of alignment. The suggestion was definitely that there was little prospect of U23 players moving in to the first team, but he could have gone into detail about why.

Perhaps the club are seriously thinking about adopting the Brentford model in going forwards?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:48 - Mar 23 with 1056 viewsfranz_tyson

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:29 - Mar 23 by GeoffSentence

It might have been more interesting viewing for the fans for him to go into more detail, but he stayed clear of making this a hatchet job.

I’m just a bit saddened he couldn’t see out the next couple of months, win the 23’s title and add that to his CV.
I’m not convinced that he’s management material. However interesting his interview, he came across as being a bit over-emotional with his decision-making. It’s like he was a fan talking to other fans. Which is great for us, but did he do himself any favours for his career? Maybe it’s better he works at another club and doesn’t have the emotional attachment he has here.
Didn’t feel his position was untenable from the interview so pity he couldn’t at least see out the season with the 23’s. Unless he has a job lined up.
Login to get fewer ads

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 891 viewsElephantintheRoom

I thought it was perfectly cleared why he’s leaving. The new franchise are doing what everyone else is doing - number crunching stats and looking outwards - not looking within. In effect making his job - and any young player somewhat pointless.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 12:00 - Mar 23 with 705 viewsArnieM

Watched that interview with Dyer....tbh sounds like a massive flounce to me (n/ on 08:39 - Mar 23 by Chrisd

Perhaps the club are seriously thinking about adopting the Brentford model in going forwards?!

I’d have no problem with that tbh. Just adopt one pathway fully and commit to it. We are currently doing neither.

The Club rarely makes any real money from these youngsters and don’t seem willing to play them in their own senior team. What’s the point of spending £m’s every year on development of these youngsters if you’re then forced to give away for peanuts ( in the football world), not even re coupling the initial outlay ….Brentford , frankly have got it bang on !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024