Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion 21:13 - Apr 12 with 2906 viewsSitfcB

Currently losing 3-0 to Portsmouth.

Shame.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:16 - Apr 12 with 2864 viewshype313

That would be galling if we were still in the mix, as it is, it's hilarious.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:19 - Apr 12 with 2854 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They will put it right on Saturday, no doubt.

I wonder if the meaningless cup trophy thingy they won did them no favours.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:20 - Apr 12 with 2846 viewsParisBlue

Our 9th place under threat from Portsmouth

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:31 - Apr 12 with 2771 viewsArnieM

They’ve well and truly imploded haven’t they …. Have they got substantial injuries or something coz their implosion is quite spectacular.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:32 - Apr 12 with 2767 viewsStu_boy

They are in really poor form, 1 win in their last 7 league games. Opening the foot for mk to take the top 2
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:34 - Apr 12 with 2760 viewsgainsboroughblue

That 2nd place is going to go right down to the wire.

MK

Sheff Wed (H)
Oxford (A)
Morecambe (H)
Plymouth (A)

Rotherham

Ipswich (H)
Burton (A)
Oxford (H)
Sunderland (A)
Gillingham (A)

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:39 - Apr 12 with 2749 viewsAsa

I used to work with one of Warne’s childhood mates who still saw a lot of him at the time. This is when Warne played for Rotherham around 2003 or 2004.

I cannot emphasise just how much Warne hates us. Proper, proper hatred apparently. Almost unreasonably so.

I also heard from a fairly reliable source a story about the bid for Crooks and how Warne apparently tried to involve himself beyond what a manager would normally do when the powers above have the final say. Maybe one of the proper in the know posters heard similar?

I initially thought I wouldn’t have wanted Rotherham in the division next season ideally. But knowing how Warne feels about us makes my overriding reaction to them potentially blowing automatic promotion one of amusement.

As far behind them we have been of late, with the manager and backing and ambition we have we will be looking to evolve way beyond the likes of Rotherham over the next few years. Whatever happens there will be some big League One clubs we will ultimately have to overtake, so no issue with them missing out on promotion.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 21:44]
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:45 - Apr 12 with 2689 viewsIllinoisblue

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:39 - Apr 12 by Asa

I used to work with one of Warne’s childhood mates who still saw a lot of him at the time. This is when Warne played for Rotherham around 2003 or 2004.

I cannot emphasise just how much Warne hates us. Proper, proper hatred apparently. Almost unreasonably so.

I also heard from a fairly reliable source a story about the bid for Crooks and how Warne apparently tried to involve himself beyond what a manager would normally do when the powers above have the final say. Maybe one of the proper in the know posters heard similar?

I initially thought I wouldn’t have wanted Rotherham in the division next season ideally. But knowing how Warne feels about us makes my overriding reaction to them potentially blowing automatic promotion one of amusement.

As far behind them we have been of late, with the manager and backing and ambition we have we will be looking to evolve way beyond the likes of Rotherham over the next few years. Whatever happens there will be some big League One clubs we will ultimately have to overtake, so no issue with them missing out on promotion.

I’d like to see Rotherham mess it up but also don’t want MK Dons to go up either.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:47 - Apr 12 with 2662 viewsAsa

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:45 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

I’d like to see Rotherham mess it up but also don’t want MK Dons to go up either.

Sadly there’s no way for Wednesday and Sunderland to both go up now. Ideally the bigger clubs with the most financial clout would leave us this year.

There’s a list of teams I’d love to see miss out. Rotherham. Oxford. Wycombe. Worst case would be someone like Plymouth going up as they are least likely to retain their top players if they stay down whilst a Sunderland or Wednesday or even Rotherham might do.
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:52 - Apr 12 with 2611 viewsJ2BLUE

The thought of MK Dons in a higher division than us sickens me to my very core.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 22:50 - Apr 12 with 2435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:47 - Apr 12 by Asa

Sadly there’s no way for Wednesday and Sunderland to both go up now. Ideally the bigger clubs with the most financial clout would leave us this year.

There’s a list of teams I’d love to see miss out. Rotherham. Oxford. Wycombe. Worst case would be someone like Plymouth going up as they are least likely to retain their top players if they stay down whilst a Sunderland or Wednesday or even Rotherham might do.

The teams with the financial clout have failed to go up many times now. They should not give us anything to fear.

We need to be better than all of the other teams at this level regardless of who they are and what their funding is.

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 22:55 - Apr 12 with 2422 viewsAsa

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 22:50 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

The teams with the financial clout have failed to go up many times now. They should not give us anything to fear.

We need to be better than all of the other teams at this level regardless of who they are and what their funding is.

I don’t disagree, but I’d still be more worried about Wednesday and Derby than Burton and Accrington.

We have to be the best side in the division but I’ve no problem with the teams we are up against giving us a little bit more help in doing so.
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 23:03 - Apr 12 with 2393 viewsFrankMarshall

Good to see that most teams now are close to playing the equal amount of games. Hasn't been like that all season. Gives us all a much clearer indication of where everyone is in the table.

Portsmouth and Bolton are both trying to knock us out of 9th. Let's see what happens between now and the end of the season.

Frank Marshall

We need to beat them Saturday and put in a performance (n/t) on 23:23 - Apr 12 with 2335 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 23:46 - Apr 12 with 2293 viewsIllinoisblue

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:32 - Apr 12 by Stu_boy

They are in really poor form, 1 win in their last 7 league games. Opening the foot for mk to take the top 2

Along come Ipswich…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 07:19 - Apr 13 with 2093 viewstextbackup

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:39 - Apr 12 by Asa

fck him, norwich cnt

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 07:26 - Apr 13 with 2084 viewsSteve_M

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:19 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

They will put it right on Saturday, no doubt.

I wonder if the meaningless cup trophy thingy they won did them no favours.

My mate, who supports them, reckons they have been far less good since Christmas and have dragged out results they didn't really deserve. I did think he was just doing the usual pessimistic football supporter thing but clearly not.

Not sure on the Pizza cup thing, they deserved to lose to Sutton but left Wembley buzzing from the win so should have had a platform for the run in.

I think it's quite possible that the promotion/relegation cycle is less fun that it was and that it might be coming to the end of Warne's time there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 08:47 - Apr 13 with 1912 viewsArnieM

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 21:34 - Apr 12 by gainsboroughblue

That 2nd place is going to go right down to the wire.

MK

Sheff Wed (H)
Oxford (A)
Morecambe (H)
Plymouth (A)

Rotherham

Ipswich (H)
Burton (A)
Oxford (H)
Sunderland (A)
Gillingham (A)

Looking at that and their form ( and ours!) I’d say MK have it in the bag ….

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 14:39 - Apr 13 with 1706 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 22:55 - Apr 12 by Asa

I don’t disagree, but I’d still be more worried about Wednesday and Derby than Burton and Accrington.

We have to be the best side in the division but I’ve no problem with the teams we are up against giving us a little bit more help in doing so.

But my point is that Burton and Accrington and Morecambe and Cambridge and Wycombe and Luton and Wigan have all given us as many if not more problems. We need to stop looking at clubs' reputations and even budgets and start playing the teams on the pitch.

If we are going to continually fear clubs like Rotherham, Sunderland, Derby, Portsmouth, Bolton, etc, etc, we have no hope of ever being at Championship level let alone ever competing with Blackburn, Huddersfield, Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, etc, etc.

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 23:25 - Apr 13 with 1486 viewsFrankMarshall

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 14:39 - Apr 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

But my point is that Burton and Accrington and Morecambe and Cambridge and Wycombe and Luton and Wigan have all given us as many if not more problems. We need to stop looking at clubs' reputations and even budgets and start playing the teams on the pitch.

If we are going to continually fear clubs like Rotherham, Sunderland, Derby, Portsmouth, Bolton, etc, etc, we have no hope of ever being at Championship level let alone ever competing with Blackburn, Huddersfield, Stoke, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, etc, etc.

We have a number of "local" games (don't like to use the word derby) coming up next season also. We need to make sure that we treat those games in the same way as the opposition. Cambridge Utd undoubtedly raised their performance against us and we missed out on 5 potential points. Those 5 points would be interesting now as we play away at Rotherham.

Potentially Cambridge, Peterborough, Northampton and even MK Dons could be in our division next season.

Frank Marshall

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 06:20 - Apr 14 with 1380 viewsAsa

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 14:39 - Apr 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

It shouldn’t be a case of fear. We have Premier League aspirations. We should be able to get past anything League One throws up.

But I’d still rather play Oxford with their best player suspended than available. Any slight margins I’d take them.

Ultimately though yes, we have to become the team everyone else fears in the league and not be worried about any others.
Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 02:50 - Apr 15 with 1209 viewsArnieM

Rotherham doing their best to mess up automatic promotion on 07:26 - Apr 13 by Steve_M

My mate, who supports them, reckons they have been far less good since Christmas and have dragged out results they didn't really deserve. I did think he was just doing the usual pessimistic football supporter thing but clearly not.

Not sure on the Pizza cup thing, they deserved to lose to Sutton but left Wembley buzzing from the win so should have had a platform for the run in.

I think it's quite possible that the promotion/relegation cycle is less fun that it was and that it might be coming to the end of Warne's time there.

Part of me wonders if this spectacular capitulation by them will see their squad start to break up , as the normal re cycling of squads takes place. That dude have been together sometime now hasn’t it . As for Warne’s hatred of all things ITFC, I hope his Bollox drop off on Saturday and we put the final nail in is inbred coffin. And all Town at the game PLEASE ram it down his scrawny throat that it’s IPSWICH that finish off his promotion hopes , the utter c ***

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024