Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale to Cardiff 11:18 - May 17 with 2787 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 11:20 - May 17 with 2725 viewsGaryHaddock1967

would love to see him at town imo. good backup for wes burns

Poll: Who is the 3rd Greatest Ipswich Manager Of All Time? (Behind Robson and Ramsey)

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 11:35 - May 17 with 2564 viewsVeggie

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 11:20 - May 17 by GaryHaddock1967

would love to see him at town imo. good backup for wes burns

Just imagine. Burns on the right and Bale on the left. Best stop dreaming.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 11:39 - May 17 with 2523 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Should go back to Spurs.

When he returned, he had a better goals per minute record than anyone else in the PL.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:25 - May 17 with 2178 viewsIllinoisblue

An odd one. Elite level talent who always looks unhappy and gives the impression he’d rather be golfing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:28 - May 17 with 2157 viewsSTYG

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:25 - May 17 by Illinoisblue

An odd one. Elite level talent who always looks unhappy and gives the impression he’d rather be golfing.

He really doesn't. Have you seen him play for Wales? Works as hard as any player.

He went to Real, they gave him an insane amount of money as one of the most expensive players ever, he played, he performed, he won them league titles, cups and European titles and then when Zidane didn't fancy him he turned the fans against him, they acted appallingly towards a guy that really is (looking at stats and honours) a legend even at a club that size, so he said sod it and decided he would collect his wage, enjoy his downtime and play the club at their own game.

He's been petty at times, but when you read up on the whole background, I can forgive him that on a human level.

He's been at Real Madrid 9 years and only played 258 times. Had a few injuries but that's 6-7 seasons worth and a lot of that lately has been him being completely vilified and overlooked. He's got over 100 goals!

He's 17th in their all time leading goal scorers and he's won 4 Champions Leagues, 3 La Liga's and a load of other trophies and he's scored in a fair few finals for them too, some pretty famous ones like the two he got versus Liverpool.

I can't think of a player that's been more unfairly treated, just because the club was in a financial mess and they blamed it on him collecting the wage they'd offered him and contracted him to.

[Post edited 17 May 2022 13:34]
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:40 - May 17 with 2090 viewsclive_baker

If Wales don't qualify for the World Cup there's speculation that he might sack it off altogether. If they do, I would think a 6 month jolly at Cardiff would be ideal for him, as he'll be able to dictate to a large extent when he does and doesn't play, and keep himself in the best condition for the world cup as a final swan song before retiring.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:49 - May 17 with 2025 viewsdavblue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 11:35 - May 17 by Veggie

Just imagine. Burns on the right and Bale on the left. Best stop dreaming.

i'd rather him as a 10 if we were to have him!
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:19 - May 17 with 1903 viewsIllinoisblue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:28 - May 17 by STYG

He really doesn't. Have you seen him play for Wales? Works as hard as any player.

He went to Real, they gave him an insane amount of money as one of the most expensive players ever, he played, he performed, he won them league titles, cups and European titles and then when Zidane didn't fancy him he turned the fans against him, they acted appallingly towards a guy that really is (looking at stats and honours) a legend even at a club that size, so he said sod it and decided he would collect his wage, enjoy his downtime and play the club at their own game.

He's been petty at times, but when you read up on the whole background, I can forgive him that on a human level.

He's been at Real Madrid 9 years and only played 258 times. Had a few injuries but that's 6-7 seasons worth and a lot of that lately has been him being completely vilified and overlooked. He's got over 100 goals!

He's 17th in their all time leading goal scorers and he's won 4 Champions Leagues, 3 La Liga's and a load of other trophies and he's scored in a fair few finals for them too, some pretty famous ones like the two he got versus Liverpool.

I can't think of a player that's been more unfairly treated, just because the club was in a financial mess and they blamed it on him collecting the wage they'd offered him and contracted him to.

Find me one Madrid fan who thinks Bale is a legend.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:22 - May 17 with 1893 viewsitfcjoe

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:40 - May 17 by clive_baker

If Wales don't qualify for the World Cup there's speculation that he might sack it off altogether. If they do, I would think a 6 month jolly at Cardiff would be ideal for him, as he'll be able to dictate to a large extent when he does and doesn't play, and keep himself in the best condition for the world cup as a final swan song before retiring.

He's almost like an England cricketer where centrally contracted to Wales and will play for his county/club as and when the national team see fit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:26 - May 17 with 1867 viewsSTYG

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:19 - May 17 by Illinoisblue

Find me one Madrid fan who thinks Bale is a legend.

That's entirely my point.

He's been vilified. Gareth Bale, a kid from the Southampton academy has ended up at Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, where he has played 250 times, scored 100 goals, won 4 Champions Leagues, 3 La Liga's and been a huge part of those and many other trophy successes.

His crime has been that Zidane didn't like him and that, as the most expensive player in the world at the time he signed, on £500k a week or whatever they offered him, that he's not scored 200 goals or 300 goals. He basically existed at the same time as Ronaldo.

Bale should be a Madrid legend. When you consider they have probably had 50 of the best 1000 footballers ever to exist, if not more, for him to be their 17th top scorer and to have won all of those trophies should make him a legend. Any player in a team that wins four European cups should be a legend.

He isn't because Zidane made him an outcast, the media vilified him and Bale, to his credit, has laughed it off, played golf, been there to play when called upon and decided not to be gaslit.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:31 - May 17 with 1841 viewsBarcaBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 13:28 - May 17 by STYG

I really don't care much for Real Madrid but to be honest there's a lot of nonsense there. Zidane is probably the most laid back coach I've seen in Spain as well as being one of the best man managers. Bale's petulance and total disregard of professionalism turned their fans against him, it wasn't anything but his own doing.

To claim Bale is any way hard done by is complete fairy tale material.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:38 - May 17 with 1819 viewsitfcjoe

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:31 - May 17 by BarcaBlue

I really don't care much for Real Madrid but to be honest there's a lot of nonsense there. Zidane is probably the most laid back coach I've seen in Spain as well as being one of the best man managers. Bale's petulance and total disregard of professionalism turned their fans against him, it wasn't anything but his own doing.

They tried to force Bale out of the club by constantly briefing about him and he wasn't budged

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:42 - May 17 with 1785 viewsSTYG

Bale's position and Zidane's treatment of him are pretty much universally acknowledged.

Yet you are in Barcelona? Who runs the media there? Is it Perez by any chance?

Because whatever you are reading or seeing on TV seems to be whatever they have told you to think.

Bale's initial crime was to play golf when he was fit enough to play golf whilst not fit enough to play football. That seemed to be the start of the narrative that the club and media then picked up and presented to the fans in order to force him out because what they were paying Bale was Ronaldo money and he wasn't quite Ronaldo level.

That just became a bigger snowball to build upon every time he went off to play golf because they'd frozen him out. Bale quite simply decided not to give a flying one.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:51 - May 17 with 1744 viewsBarcaBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:38 - May 17 by itfcjoe

They tried to force Bale out of the club by constantly briefing about him and he wasn't budged

There's no doubt Madrid have tried to move him on and get him off the wage bill for the last 3 seasons, and I don't blame Bale for sitting on that contract. It's his attitude and willingness to play for the club he's contracted to that is in question.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:06 - May 17 with 1569 viewsBarcaBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:42 - May 17 by STYG

Bale's position and Zidane's treatment of him are pretty much universally acknowledged.

Yet you are in Barcelona? Who runs the media there? Is it Perez by any chance?

Because whatever you are reading or seeing on TV seems to be whatever they have told you to think.

Bale's initial crime was to play golf when he was fit enough to play golf whilst not fit enough to play football. That seemed to be the start of the narrative that the club and media then picked up and presented to the fans in order to force him out because what they were paying Bale was Ronaldo money and he wasn't quite Ronaldo level.

That just became a bigger snowball to build upon every time he went off to play golf because they'd frozen him out. Bale quite simply decided not to give a flying one.

I stopped reading after your second line. Do you really really think the president of Real Madrid controls the Catalan press?
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:32 - May 17 with 1480 viewsSTYG

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:06 - May 17 by BarcaBlue

I stopped reading after your second line. Do you really really think the president of Real Madrid controls the Catalan press?

It was a joke based on your quite bizarre take on the situation.

It would certainly explain why you seem to believe Bale to be the fault party.

All this arose because the guy suffered some injuries and Real were annoyed that they had so much money tied up in him. Hardly his fault.

Add in him being snapped playing golf, which to my knowledge doesn't require sprinting, jumping and sharp turns - all of which he couldn't do with the injured part of his lower body, and you had the perfect propaganda for Madrid to arm themselves with.

Anyway Perez has fingers in loads of pies. Why wouldn't one be a newspaper? It was a joke, but it's not entirely impossible.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:42 - May 17 with 1442 viewsElephantintheRoom

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 14:26 - May 17 by STYG

That's entirely my point.

He's been vilified. Gareth Bale, a kid from the Southampton academy has ended up at Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, where he has played 250 times, scored 100 goals, won 4 Champions Leagues, 3 La Liga's and been a huge part of those and many other trophy successes.

His crime has been that Zidane didn't like him and that, as the most expensive player in the world at the time he signed, on £500k a week or whatever they offered him, that he's not scored 200 goals or 300 goals. He basically existed at the same time as Ronaldo.

Bale should be a Madrid legend. When you consider they have probably had 50 of the best 1000 footballers ever to exist, if not more, for him to be their 17th top scorer and to have won all of those trophies should make him a legend. Any player in a team that wins four European cups should be a legend.

He isn't because Zidane made him an outcast, the media vilified him and Bale, to his credit, has laughed it off, played golf, been there to play when called upon and decided not to be gaslit.

Ahem - Zidane is hardly a tyrant. Just a bit contemptuous of Bale and his attitude. Besides, last time I looked the equally calm and laid back Acelotti was Real manager - and has exactly the same issues with Mr Topknot.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:56 - May 17 with 1407 viewsBarcaBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 16:32 - May 17 by STYG

It was a joke based on your quite bizarre take on the situation.

It would certainly explain why you seem to believe Bale to be the fault party.

All this arose because the guy suffered some injuries and Real were annoyed that they had so much money tied up in him. Hardly his fault.

Add in him being snapped playing golf, which to my knowledge doesn't require sprinting, jumping and sharp turns - all of which he couldn't do with the injured part of his lower body, and you had the perfect propaganda for Madrid to arm themselves with.

Anyway Perez has fingers in loads of pies. Why wouldn't one be a newspaper? It was a joke, but it's not entirely impossible.

There is nothing bizarre in questioning Bale's professionalism. Bale's been in Madrid since 2013 and he is still unable to string more than 2 words together in Spanish.

The problem wasn't playing golf when injured but the doubts that at times he was injured at all. On at least one occasion he was injured for Madrid but not for Wales in the space of days.

Sid Lowe summed it up nicely here in 2020 https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/17/gareth-bale-real-madrid-exit-zi
Gareth Bale checked out a long time ago.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 19:00 - May 17 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not quite how it appears from over this side. Like the Real fans abusing him and accusing him of deliberately picking up injuries to avoid playing. Disgusting mob behaviour.

Anyway, this started with the accusation that he’s not interested in playing football. I’ve rarely seen someone with the passion he has when he pulls on a Welsh shirt. He’d run through walls to play. I’ve not seen much of him at Real lately, but when I have he seems to run his nuts off there too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 19:13 - May 17 with 1087 viewsBarcaBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 19:00 - May 17 by Swansea_Blue

Not quite how it appears from over this side. Like the Real fans abusing him and accusing him of deliberately picking up injuries to avoid playing. Disgusting mob behaviour.

Anyway, this started with the accusation that he’s not interested in playing football. I’ve rarely seen someone with the passion he has when he pulls on a Welsh shirt. He’d run through walls to play. I’ve not seen much of him at Real lately, but when I have he seems to run his nuts off there too.

I think that's the whole point really, he does it for Wales, he did it in his recent spell at Spurs, he hasn't done it for years at Madrid. I don't blame him for choosing to see his contract out but in return you'd expect him to show the same willing when has played for the people paying his wages.
Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 19:55 - May 17 with 994 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gareth Bale to Cardiff on 19:13 - May 17 by BarcaBlue

I think that's the whole point really, he does it for Wales, he did it in his recent spell at Spurs, he hasn't done it for years at Madrid. I don't blame him for choosing to see his contract out but in return you'd expect him to show the same willing when has played for the people paying his wages.

Not surprising tho is it?

Went 1 game without a goal at Madrid. His heart isn't in it, he's no Ronaldo. Etc etc.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024