Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: 11:26 - May 21 with 1223 viewsunstableblue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/20/production-outfit-refutes-nadin

Dorries will not respond to Channel 4 request for evidence, and try and sweep this under the carpet

But it’s serious

Her move on channel 4 is clearly personally motivated

It’s time to get call this government to account they are dragging the nation down…

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 11:43 - May 21 with 1166 viewsKeno

Yes TWTD is still .....

Oh sorry you mean the Tory government

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 11:52 - May 21 with 1154 viewsDarth_Koont

What goes around comes around ...

Unfortunately for our public broadcasters, C4 and the BBC, is that they have generally fudged holding the government and politicians to account for years. They’ve been far too supine and allowed themselves to be bullied, cajoled and controlled.

Of course, they’re better than the billionaire media but nothing like the objective and fearless alternative that provides some much-needed checks and balances.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 12:19 - May 21 with 1104 viewsjeera

“The parents of the boys in that programme actually came here to have lunch with me, and contacted me to tell me, actually, they were in acting school, and that they weren’t really living in a flat, and they weren’t real. And even, if you remember, there’s a pharmacist or somebody that I went to see who prepared food — she was also a paid actress as well.”

Fair enough, if that's the case it shouldn't be too hard for her to have this verified.

The people she's speaking about presumably haven't moved to another planet and there must be some sort of record of this somewhere.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 12:25 - May 21 with 1092 viewsWhos_blue

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 11:52 - May 21 by Darth_Koont

What goes around comes around ...

Unfortunately for our public broadcasters, C4 and the BBC, is that they have generally fudged holding the government and politicians to account for years. They’ve been far too supine and allowed themselves to be bullied, cajoled and controlled.

Of course, they’re better than the billionaire media but nothing like the objective and fearless alternative that provides some much-needed checks and balances.

I'm a card carrying BBC fan. Always have been, but I recognise what DK is saying here. The Saville Newsnight piece is a good example. I still can't believe that report was pulled to not undermine a puff piece.
That said, they did show some teeth this week with the MI5 story, that they went to court for.
My hate for this government and everything they stand for is off the charts now. Not necessarily related to the OP, but just have to keep saying it.
I thought Rayner was a little strong with her description, but it's hard not to agree with her now.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 12:55 - May 21 with 1016 viewsunstableblue

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 11:43 - May 21 by Keno

Yes TWTD is still .....

Oh sorry you mean the Tory government

The main cesspit of lies on here Keno are those who continue THE PURITY OF TECHNICAL FOOTBALL... they will be rooted out and expelled in the new unstable order

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 15:04 - May 21 with 884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 12:25 - May 21 by Whos_blue

I'm a card carrying BBC fan. Always have been, but I recognise what DK is saying here. The Saville Newsnight piece is a good example. I still can't believe that report was pulled to not undermine a puff piece.
That said, they did show some teeth this week with the MI5 story, that they went to court for.
My hate for this government and everything they stand for is off the charts now. Not necessarily related to the OP, but just have to keep saying it.
I thought Rayner was a little strong with her description, but it's hard not to agree with her now.

There's certainly parts of the BBC that are in a mess; mostly around current affairs programs and website. Anything where the politics is taken out is awesome though - from TMS, Attenborough's various 'planet' shows, drama, comedy, radio. All top drawer stuff that we should rightly be proud of. They're just compromised and sh*t scared of holding anyone to account on the political stuff.

Rayner was indeed spot on. They are scum. Everything they do is geared around manufacturing outrage - actually that's all they really do do. Attack the poor, attack the disabled, attack trans, attack the judiciary, attack cultural organisations, attack social justice, attack rights to protest, attack anyone who tries to hold them to account. And that's when they're not literally attacking women, raping or breaking the law in various ways. But they don't DO any governing.

Glasser's description was spot on - they're a Zombie government only there to retain power for themselves. Like this cost of living crisis - they haven't got a clue what they want to do. Different MPs are talking about different things (mostly pissing around the edges) yet the government is confused, providing no direction and not actually doing anything (well, apart from loaning some people a couple of hundred £ and increasing the cost of energy simultaneously).

I hate them with a passion - and I can't say I've felt that strongly about anyone in power before (although I was convinced Blair was the anti-christ). They've set the country back generations, fractured society, damaged our standing in the world, made us poorer for the foreseeable future, dismantled out institutions and services, taken away our rights and intend to go further there as well, etc.... Pure scum.

Rant over
[Post edited 21 May 2022 15:08]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 17:31 - May 21 with 772 viewsRyorry

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 15:04 - May 21 by Swansea_Blue

There's certainly parts of the BBC that are in a mess; mostly around current affairs programs and website. Anything where the politics is taken out is awesome though - from TMS, Attenborough's various 'planet' shows, drama, comedy, radio. All top drawer stuff that we should rightly be proud of. They're just compromised and sh*t scared of holding anyone to account on the political stuff.

Rayner was indeed spot on. They are scum. Everything they do is geared around manufacturing outrage - actually that's all they really do do. Attack the poor, attack the disabled, attack trans, attack the judiciary, attack cultural organisations, attack social justice, attack rights to protest, attack anyone who tries to hold them to account. And that's when they're not literally attacking women, raping or breaking the law in various ways. But they don't DO any governing.

Glasser's description was spot on - they're a Zombie government only there to retain power for themselves. Like this cost of living crisis - they haven't got a clue what they want to do. Different MPs are talking about different things (mostly pissing around the edges) yet the government is confused, providing no direction and not actually doing anything (well, apart from loaning some people a couple of hundred £ and increasing the cost of energy simultaneously).

I hate them with a passion - and I can't say I've felt that strongly about anyone in power before (although I was convinced Blair was the anti-christ). They've set the country back generations, fractured society, damaged our standing in the world, made us poorer for the foreseeable future, dismantled out institutions and services, taken away our rights and intend to go further there as well, etc.... Pure scum.

Rant over
[Post edited 21 May 2022 15:08]

Posted this elsewhere, but it's worth doing again here -

See also

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 20:06 - May 21 with 699 viewsEwan_Oozami

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 17:31 - May 21 by Ryorry

Posted this elsewhere, but it's worth doing again here -

See also

And in typical modern British style - did you see the pileon against her from the pathetic UK client journos - absolutely no self awareness at all...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 21:09 - May 21 with 654 viewsHARRY10

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 20:06 - May 21 by Ewan_Oozami

And in typical modern British style - did you see the pileon against her from the pathetic UK client journos - absolutely no self awareness at all...

Words that would do well, as a party political speech from all progressive parties

and maybe a full house in Parliament as well

excellent speech
Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 21:58 - May 21 with 605 viewsElderGrizzly

Nipple licking anyone? 😳

Is the cesspit of lies continuing?: on 22:36 - May 21 with 559 viewsHARRY10

A Tory MP in

'I felt a right tit'

shock
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024