Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politicians .....never believe them! 20:51 - May 31 with 2404 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/31/boris-johnson-dishonesty-k

"And it brings us to Starmer’s leadership campaign — that is, the means by which he won the confidence of sufficient Labour members to place him in the position of potential prime minister. Last week, it was reported that Starmer is likely to abandon the party’s commitment to raise income tax on those earning more than £80,000 a year: that is, the top 5% of earners. Yet, during the leadership campaign, Starmer issued a document known as the 10 Pledges. The first of those pledges — still live on Starmer’s website — under the heading “Economic justice”, is “Increase income tax for the top 5% of earners”, driving it home with a final flourish: “No stepping back from our core principles.” Such was the Starmer campaign’s emphasis on this pledge that one of his key aides personally rang me up to underline its cast-iron nature."

Suck it up...

But whatever happens next, ask yourself truthfully: if you care about Johnson’s dishonesty but dismiss Starmer’s, then do you really care about dishonesty at all, or do you just resent being on the receiving end of it? And when you answer — unlike Britain’s two leading politicians — try to be honest.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 20:54]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:04 - May 31 with 1331 viewsjaykay

so someone actually being dishonest and someone likely to be dishonest are the same.
where was it reported that labour will not raise the tax on those earning over £80000 ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:05 - May 31 with 1332 viewsGlasgowBlue

Typical ignorant rightie trying to deflect the porky bloated buffoon’s lies on to Starmer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:08 - May 31 with 1334 viewsMattinLondon

So you’re damning Starmer on something which he has t done or may not do - at the moment it’s just not a lot.
Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:12 - May 31 with 1313 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Owen is getting a little ahead of himself don't you think? The article he references (another opinion piece) headlines the dropping of Corbyn's tax increase for the top 5% but also goes on to say, in a piece largely about Johnson's and Sunak's woes, that Labour is "tightly costing its plans, wooing business and promising “fairer” but smarter taxes on the richest."

So no increase in taxes for the richest or an increase in taxes for the richest? I'm none the wiser having read both pieces.

There's no bringing the dear leader back no matter how much Owen Jones may want it. And the primary problem is Johnson, I'll deal with Starmer when I've seen what he does in office (assuming Durham police don't prevent that possibility).

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:14 - May 31 with 1305 viewsJ2BLUE

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:12 - May 31 by You_Bloo_Right

Owen is getting a little ahead of himself don't you think? The article he references (another opinion piece) headlines the dropping of Corbyn's tax increase for the top 5% but also goes on to say, in a piece largely about Johnson's and Sunak's woes, that Labour is "tightly costing its plans, wooing business and promising “fairer” but smarter taxes on the richest."

So no increase in taxes for the richest or an increase in taxes for the richest? I'm none the wiser having read both pieces.

There's no bringing the dear leader back no matter how much Owen Jones may want it. And the primary problem is Johnson, I'll deal with Starmer when I've seen what he does in office (assuming Durham police don't prevent that possibility).

One thing Starmer needs to do and do quickly is become more decisive. If he's PM he won't be able to take 3 weeks to think about what his opinion is every time he's asked.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:15 - May 31 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:08 - May 31 by MattinLondon

So you’re damning Starmer on something which he has t done or may not do - at the moment it’s just not a lot.

It’s been the playbook for years.

Corbyn got the brunt of it. Starmer is still getting it, despite Labour policies eventually winding up as Tory ones because everyone can see how much better they are and are forcing the govt to continuously flip flop.

And the serious pre-election smear campaign hasn’t even got going yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:19 - May 31 with 1284 viewsMattinLondon

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:15 - May 31 by Swansea_Blue

Corbyn got the brunt of it. Starmer is still getting it, despite Labour policies eventually winding up as Tory ones because everyone can see how much better they are and are forcing the govt to continuously flip flop.

But I understand the muck-spreading of Tories, as well as by their supporters in the media. But, you think those who state that they don’t support the Tories would hold-fire until after he is elected (if he is elected) and after he has implemented his first set of policies.
Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:23 - May 31 with 1263 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:19 - May 31 by MattinLondon

But I understand the muck-spreading of Tories, as well as by their supporters in the media. But, you think those who state that they don’t support the Tories would hold-fire until after he is elected (if he is elected) and after he has implemented his first set of policies.

It's a little rich of Owen Jones to talk about resentment IMO. The man has an axe to grind.

Login to get fewer ads

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:23 - May 31 with 1261 viewsunbelievablue

He's become a parody of himself.

Edit - erm, Jones I mean. Although cases can be made for those referenced and, indeed, those commenting... :)
[Post edited 31 May 2022 21:26]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:29 - May 31 with 1233 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:05 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Typical ignorant rightie trying to deflect the porky bloated buffoon’s lies on to Starmer.

@narchistsRus…it’s a cross I have to bear!

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:33 - May 31 with 1230 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:12 - May 31 by You_Bloo_Right

Be sure to add rolling back anti demonstration legislation to the list of things he (they) will definitely not do!

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:36 - May 31 with 1213 viewsIllinoisblue

What’s the latest score from Westminster? 1 Starmer lie for about 7,000 of Johnson’s.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:39 - May 31 with 1203 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Isn’t the political center ground just soooooo inspirational!

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:00 - May 31 with 1167 viewsHARRY10

Poor righties, the desperation now just oozes out

Previously they had bleated the words written on the side of the barn wall

"No windfall tax... baa baa.... it will stop investment...baa baa....it will cause inflation.... baa baa...master knows best.... baa baa "

After months of this, there was a windfall tax - a massive u-turn by the shyster who seems to have been suffering from his own inflation over the years. Mind you it was barely a week since his last u-turn.

And a thought re the upcoming vote of confidence. Should Windbag not be defeated, even he would not be so stupid as to try and carry on. The opposition could then simply call a vote of no confidence, which Windbag would lose, as the opposition would only need 40 Tories to vote with them.

It would not bring the government down, but it would signal to the Parliamentary Tory party that trying to retain the walrus as some kind of roving hi viz jacket clad liar was a non starter.

So maybe the cap diffing righties on here might begin to accept the inevitable. The crane has been booked as has Pickfords. It just needs a few windows to be removed, before they can begin the process of winching his bloated form out of the building.
Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:06 - May 31 with 1155 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:00 - May 31 by HARRY10

Poor righties, the desperation now just oozes out

Previously they had bleated the words written on the side of the barn wall

"No windfall tax... baa baa.... it will stop investment...baa baa....it will cause inflation.... baa baa...master knows best.... baa baa "

After months of this, there was a windfall tax - a massive u-turn by the shyster who seems to have been suffering from his own inflation over the years. Mind you it was barely a week since his last u-turn.

And a thought re the upcoming vote of confidence. Should Windbag not be defeated, even he would not be so stupid as to try and carry on. The opposition could then simply call a vote of no confidence, which Windbag would lose, as the opposition would only need 40 Tories to vote with them.

It would not bring the government down, but it would signal to the Parliamentary Tory party that trying to retain the walrus as some kind of roving hi viz jacket clad liar was a non starter.

So maybe the cap diffing righties on here might begin to accept the inevitable. The crane has been booked as has Pickfords. It just needs a few windows to be removed, before they can begin the process of winching his bloated form out of the building.

Sorry to break this to you Harry but your team's man Starmer is a rightie too....and his waistline seems to be expanding!

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:08 - May 31 with 1138 viewsjaykay

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:04 - May 31 by jaykay

so someone actually being dishonest and someone likely to be dishonest are the same.
where was it reported that labour will not raise the tax on those earning over £80000 ?

i did ask a ? about where it was reported. i was hoping for a link

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:15 - May 31 with 1126 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:08 - May 31 by jaykay

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/labour-is-wooing-business-pushing-smarter-taxes-and-

"And the Tories tax woes are set to get worse. In another clean break with the Jeremy Corbyn past, Labour insiders have told me that they are likely to ditch the party’s previous manifesto pledge to put up income tax on the top five per cent of earners. A “wealth tax” has also been ruled out, I understand."

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:16 - May 31 with 1123 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:39 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Isn’t the political center ground just soooooo inspirational!

"They're all the same" - it's a tired lie normally spouted by the worst of politicians and/or their defenders in order to normalise their own incompetence, or worse, criminality.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:19 - May 31 with 1109 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:08 - May 31 by jaykay

In the opinion piece that Owen Jones references in his own opinion piece. Odd that, in an article largely about the Tories' fiscal woes, Owen chooses the sub-paragraph referencing his bete noir Starmer.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:22 - May 31 with 1099 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:16 - May 31 by You_Bloo_Right

"They're all the same" - it's a tired lie normally spouted by the worst of politicians and/or their defenders in order to normalise their own incompetence, or worse, criminality.

Talking of criminality, I presume you are referencing the Bliar! Or do you thrust him into the realms of sainthood for his PPI work and debt bubble miracle working?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:25 - May 31 with 1085 viewsSwansea_Blue

Politicians .....never believe them! on 21:19 - May 31 by MattinLondon

Yeah, you’d think so. In a sane world.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:27 - May 31 with 1071 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:22 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Talking of criminality, I presume you are referencing the Bliar! Or do you thrust him into the realms of sainthood for his PPI work and debt bubble miracle working?

This bloke?

I hold no politicians in reverence.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:37 - May 31 with 1059 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:25 - May 31 by Swansea_Blue

Or you can learn from experience.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:40 - May 31 with 1050 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:27 - May 31 by You_Bloo_Right

This bloke?

I hold no politicians in reverence.

So which of the governments in your life experience is it that gives you cause for optimism because my experience is that simply getting rid of those you most despise is a recipe for further disillusionment.

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:43 - May 31 with 1026 viewsMattinLondon

Politicians .....never believe them! on 22:25 - May 31 by Swansea_Blue

Unfortunately we don’t. Lefties who’d rather smear a Labour politician because he’s not as left as them and consequently allowing the Tories to retain power. Enablers who voted for Brexit and, in time, erode workers rights - the same rights they state that they hold dear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024