Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away 19:36 - Jun 18 with 3282 viewsHipsterectomy

as they've asked for it and it's been approved. That means an away game first for us I guess...or home i'm not sure if they start later than us

so basically this thread has no purpose, enjoy your saturday night

[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 19:38]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 20:16 - Jun 18 with 3094 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree. We will be away or at home for the first match of the season. Unless, of course, it is scheduled against Derby.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 20:21 - Jun 18 with 3059 viewsrunaround

Championship and League 1 both start on the Same day so if Norwich are away we will be at home?
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 22:14 - Jun 18 with 2747 viewsSitfcB

If they start away we should be at home but doesn’t always work like that anymore.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 2132 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 22:14 - Jun 18 by SitfcB

If they start away we should be at home but doesn’t always work like that anymore.

9 times out of 10 it does, and I would have thought it would for the first day of the season.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:43 - Jun 19 with 1978 viewsRocky

Why can't Nodge play their first game at home?
Are they building a new trophy room?
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:57 - Jun 19 with 1923 viewsStu_boy

Why should something happening 40 miles down the road impact what we do? Surely it's a completely different police force so will use up different resources. Throughout the season i' sure ipswich and norwich will play at home on the same day
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:58 - Jun 19 with 1916 viewsSTYG

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:57 - Jun 19 by Stu_boy

Why should something happening 40 miles down the road impact what we do? Surely it's a completely different police force so will use up different resources. Throughout the season i' sure ipswich and norwich will play at home on the same day

Because of the amount of fans that would be on the trains to and from London and other places before the matches.

Fairly standard to try and keep rivals apart rather than create a headache for the authorities on a fortnightly basis.
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 14:01 - Jun 19 with 1899 viewsStu_boy

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:58 - Jun 19 by STYG

Because of the amount of fans that would be on the trains to and from London and other places before the matches.

Fairly standard to try and keep rivals apart rather than create a headache for the authorities on a fortnightly basis.

Ah fair enough thanks for explaining
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 14:02 - Jun 19 with 1895 viewsSheffordBlue

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:58 - Jun 19 by STYG

Interesting article in The Athletic about how they sort it all out.

https://theathletic.com/3358976/2022/06/12/premier-league-fixtures-computer?sour

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:17 - Jun 19 with 1670 viewsHARRY10

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 14:02 - Jun 19 by SheffordBlue

Interesting article in The Athletic about how they sort it all out.

https://theathletic.com/3358976/2022/06/12/premier-league-fixtures-computer?sour

behind a paywall
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:36 - Jun 19 with 1623 viewshoppy

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 13:43 - Jun 19 by Rocky

Why can't Nodge play their first game at home?
Are they building a new trophy room?

They’re converting the trophy room into something a bit more useful, like a laundry cupboard.

Disclaimer: no trophies were harmed, or moved during the construction of this laundry room.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:46 - Jun 19 with 1594 viewsTrequartista

Not convinced that having Ipswich and Norwich at home on the same day causes huge issues for London trains - do you mean london-based ITFC and NCFC fans or the away fans? I thought it was due to there historically being people who have season tickets at both clubs, as unfathomable as that may seem.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:01 - Jun 19 with 1534 viewsSheffordBlue

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:46 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

Not convinced that having Ipswich and Norwich at home on the same day causes huge issues for London trains - do you mean london-based ITFC and NCFC fans or the away fans? I thought it was due to there historically being people who have season tickets at both clubs, as unfathomable as that may seem.

Isn't it the other way around? If we're both away there's much more chance of lots of opposing fans on the same trains as the network is so limited in East Anglia.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:07 - Jun 19 with 1513 viewsTrequartista

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:01 - Jun 19 by SheffordBlue

Isn't it the other way around? If we're both away there's much more chance of lots of opposing fans on the same trains as the network is so limited in East Anglia.

Yes I hadn't really focussed on the question properly there had I? Although I think there are plenty of away fixtures that could be scheduled where the fans don't meet i.e. Ipswich in London, Norwich oop north.

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:15 - Jun 19 with 1488 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:07 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

Yes I hadn't really focussed on the question properly there had I? Although I think there are plenty of away fixtures that could be scheduled where the fans don't meet i.e. Ipswich in London, Norwich oop north.

We have one London game next season. Not sure that’s going to make much difference.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:18 - Jun 19 with 1481 viewsHARRY10

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:46 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

I cannot think of any fans having ST's to both clubs. ST's are a relatively new concept, historically for all but a very small minority.

Previously the vast majority would simply turn up and pay at the gate. Plenty did go to both games on alternate days, and I think that has just stuck - alternating games.

There has been incidents where various fans have been at the same station when heading from the north/midlands or London. But I don't think it is much more than 'pantomime' booing, and shouting of a bit of abuse. We only have one home game against a London club this season.

So I expect there could be a few fixtures that 'clash'.
Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 1417 viewsTrequartista

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:15 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

We have one London game next season. Not sure that’s going to make much difference.

Well quite, although i'm guessing the pinch point is Liverpool St, which would cover other venues in the south.

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:19 - Jun 20 with 881 viewsSitfcB

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:15 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

We’re well into ‘this season’ territory now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 16:47 - Jun 20 with 792 viewsSTYG

Apparently Norwich know their first match will be away on 17:18 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

I cannot think of any fans having ST's to both clubs. ST's are a relatively new concept, historically for all but a very small minority.

Previously the vast majority would simply turn up and pay at the gate. Plenty did go to both games on alternate days, and I think that has just stuck - alternating games.

There has been incidents where various fans have been at the same station when heading from the north/midlands or London. But I don't think it is much more than 'pantomime' booing, and shouting of a bit of abuse. We only have one home game against a London club this season.

So I expect there could be a few fixtures that 'clash'.

You could say the same for recent derbies but the Police still treat us like it's River Plate v Boca, whilst Sheffield derbies and Black Country derbies and other similar derbies have often been played at night or 3pm Saturday.

A bit of pantomime booing down here and it's Sunday 12pm kick offs forever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024