Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY 23:58 - Aug 11 with 1101 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/things-to-do/food-reviews/free-vegan-burger-from-v

Credit to Sitters for sending first.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 08:52 - Aug 12 with 905 viewsGuthrum

Very tasty vegan "steak" pie at FGR on Saturday.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:06 - Aug 12 with 889 viewsfabian_illness

Could look like something from those zombie apocalypse movies with all those thin people crowding round a van.
FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:10 - Aug 12 with 873 viewsthe_toff

Electric van I hope
FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:12 - Aug 12 with 866 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:10 - Aug 12 by the_toff

Electric van I hope

....and served by virgins?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:18 - Aug 12 with 846 viewsDubtractor

Something about vegans forcing your lifestyle choices onto the rest of us.*

*Sarcasm off.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:36 - Aug 12 with 811 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought you said food?

#jokes

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:39 - Aug 12 with 803 viewsclive_baker

At least it's in the town centre so there's plenty of places around to get some proper food after innit...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 09:41 - Aug 12 with 788 viewsWickets

Diet Coke and a Sausage Roll from the Club for me !
Login to get fewer ads

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 12:30 - Aug 12 with 664 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not vegan so not preaching but a few points to note:

These burgers have won loads of awards and been raved about my top chefs for their similarity to actual beef.

For anyone worried about the environment, these burgers produce 92% less greenhous gas emissions.

For anyone worried about the people starving in the world these burgers did not take a ridiculous amount of crops to turn into meat.

For anyone worried about the global droughts, these burgers take 70% less water to produce than an equivalent meat product.

Oh and to get in before "Why do they make it look and taste like meat?", people like eating meat so the more realistic a product is the more chance a non vegan will buy it. I have a Beyond Meat burger for lunch. They are amazing.

Try one, I dare you

Edit: Typos
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 12:32]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FREE FOOD IN TOWN AT LUNCHTIME FRIDAY on 14:32 - Aug 12 with 575 viewsmonytowbray

I went. Was given half a burger. LIES. But also I get the whole point was convincing meat eaters that vegan food is good. The burger was a Moving Mountains one, they are good.

I thought this was a food company promoting themselves but it was actually an activist charity campaigning against factory farming: https://viva.org.uk/about-us/who-we-are/

Nice big screen with some imagery to get the point across and make the gammons foam at the mouth too. Who was it on here years ago claimed a vegan campaigner in town rammed a photo of a dead cow in their toddler's face and made them cry, only to find out they just gave the parent a leaflet politely and there was potential the toddler could have saw it but didn't!? I like how we've moved on from that nonsense to big screens showing the truth of meat consumption.

If you can't face the reality of what you're doing, it's probably best to ask why.

But yeah, burgers.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024