Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS! 16:44 - Mar 10 with 1101 viewsGuthrum

The destruction of nature should be rammed into these people's faces, not hidden away lest they get offended.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/mar/10/david-attenborough-bbc-wild-isles-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FFS! on 16:44 - Mar 10 with 1085 viewsGeoffSentence

Cancel culture innit.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

FFS! on 17:16 - Mar 10 with 975 viewsPendejo

Don't they know there is no Planet B?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

FFS! on 17:27 - Mar 10 with 948 viewsSitfcB

FFS! on 17:16 - Mar 10 by Pendejo

Don't they know there is no Planet B?

There is…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FFS! on 17:31 - Mar 10 with 934 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Sell it to chl4
FFS! on 17:49 - Mar 10 with 890 viewsNthQldITFC

Senior sources at the BBC told the Guardian that the decision not to show the sixth episode was made to fend off potential critique from the political right. This week the Telegraph newspaper attacked the BBC for creating the series and for taking funding from “two charities previously criticised for their political lobbying” — the WWF and RSPB.

That is shameful, disgusting and downright evil. Apart from that it is fkn insane. If the Torygraph thinks that nature is the enemy, they need locking up in a place where they can eat themselves. What a bunch of cnts. And as for the BBC pandering to the lunatics - cowards!

Edit: Seems like the Guardian might have got this one wrong. Although creating an issue out of it might create enough interest and clamour to get the Beeb to buy it and show it on the telly after all!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:13]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

FFS! on 17:57 - Mar 10 with 864 viewsRyorry

Apparently, there's a different take on this -

Hadn't heard of Jake Kanter before btw.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

FFS! on 18:00 - Mar 10 with 831 viewsSteve_M

FFS! on 17:57 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

Apparently, there's a different take on this -

Hadn't heard of Jake Kanter before btw.

Hmmm, most of DA’s recent work has been in six parts with the last particularly looking at damage to the environment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

FFS! on 18:01 - Mar 10 with 820 viewsRyorry

FFS! on 18:00 - Mar 10 by Steve_M

Hmmm, most of DA’s recent work has been in six parts with the last particularly looking at damage to the environment.

You're right - good point 👍

Login to get fewer ads

FFS! on 18:08 - Mar 10 with 788 viewsDJR

FFS! on 18:01 - Mar 10 by Ryorry

You're right - good point 👍

In addition, all 6 programmes have been made by the same production company.

And it seems very odd not to also acquire the TV rights, particularly as DA is such a well known presenter.

Indeed, apart from BBC 3, how often does the I-player have programmes on it which are not broadcast on TV?

Of course, there is an official denial from the BBC but that's a bit like a denial from a No. 10 spokesman, never to be truly trusted.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:08]
FFS! on 18:09 - Mar 10 with 773 viewsclive_baker

FFS! on 18:08 - Mar 10 by DJR

In addition, all 6 programmes have been made by the same production company.

And it seems very odd not to also acquire the TV rights, particularly as DA is such a well known presenter.

Indeed, apart from BBC 3, how often does the I-player have programmes on it which are not broadcast on TV?

Of course, there is an official denial from the BBC but that's a bit like a denial from a No. 10 spokesman, never to be truly trusted.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:08]

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2022/sir-david-attenborough-to-present-major-new

This is the official press release from August 2022. It says it’ll be 5 episodes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FFS! on 18:19 - Mar 10 with 710 viewsDJR

FFS! on 18:09 - Mar 10 by clive_baker

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2022/sir-david-attenborough-to-present-major-new

This is the official press release from August 2022. It says it’ll be 5 episodes.

Fair enough, it may well be a storm in a tea cup, and people are wrong to jump to conclusions. But still curious to me that they will show the sixth film on I-player but not the TV.

Perhaps someone will ask why.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:24]
FFS! on 18:22 - Mar 10 with 691 viewsHARRY10

That Attenborough geezer, he's woke. They all are at the BBC...look at Linaker, no fanks........ I heard that Dorries on kGB news, made a lot of sense she did, something about the Chinese, rice pudding and them big wind mill things, which must cost a fortune going round all day, anyway the Chinese make rice... and what happens when the price of wind goes up like it did wiv gas eh.... they don't tell you about that, wos that, petrol prices, nah got one of these e-Cabs, can't go sarf of the river, lead not long enough huh huh huh.........here you are squire the BBC Brussels Broadcast Company as I knows it... thanks, be lucky
FFS! on 18:26 - Mar 10 with 648 viewsRyorry

FFS! on 18:19 - Mar 10 by DJR

Fair enough, it may well be a storm in a tea cup, and people are wrong to jump to conclusions. But still curious to me that they will show the sixth film on I-player but not the TV.

Perhaps someone will ask why.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:24]

Both could be true - NthQldITFC's point/quote that "Senior sources at the BBC told the Guardian that the decision not to show the sixth episode was made to fend off potential critique from the political right" might well have been correct, simply a decision made in July-Aug last year before this latest Tory-Beeb bias brou-ha-ha broke out.

FFS! on 21:01 - Mar 10 with 492 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bump. Whoever put the breaks in this are vile creatures (be that lobbyists, MPs or cowardly BBC execs).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024