Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton.. a thought 21:39 - Apr 8 with 2587 viewswaveneyblue

Just reading the tread on Ashton.

Where have the Bristol City fans gone??? You know, the ones trying to tell us he was Satan with a nice beard ?

Ashton.. a thought on 22:03 - Apr 8 with 2457 viewspatrickswell

Maybe in time, they’ll turn out to be correct….but I hope not though.

Ultimately, he’d be knocking down his own work though if he gave us cause to say Bristol City were right, and that would be very counter-productive given the part he’s played in building things up from scratch over the last 18 months.
Ashton.. a thought on 22:11 - Apr 8 with 2384 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm sure we will get more of them next season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ashton.. a thought on 22:12 - Apr 8 with 2393 viewsGuthrum

They were mainly sore because hopes of pushing for promotion had faded away, blaming that upon a managerial selection and some signings which didn't work out. It wasn't like they'd suffered relegation or financial collapse.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ashton.. a thought on 03:22 - Apr 9 with 2079 viewsIllinoisblue

I’m sure that trappy bumpkin will be back to have a pop if we don’t go up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ashton.. a thought on 05:05 - Apr 9 with 2028 viewsbournemouthblue

Ashton.. a thought on 22:12 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

They were mainly sore because hopes of pushing for promotion had faded away, blaming that upon a managerial selection and some signings which didn't work out. It wasn't like they'd suffered relegation or financial collapse.

They're a funny bunch, I always considered them a League One yo-yo club

Where as under Ashton, he seemed to sort them out off the field so they could actually aim higher than that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ashton.. a thought on 07:15 - Apr 9 with 1863 viewsChurchman

Ashton.. a thought on 05:05 - Apr 9 by bournemouthblue

They're a funny bunch, I always considered them a League One yo-yo club

Where as under Ashton, he seemed to sort them out off the field so they could actually aim higher than that

They were a L1 yo-yo club. Not now. Yet when Ashton left them some of their weirds were convinced they were Premier League in waiting held back by the evil Ashton.
Ashton.. a thought on 07:47 - Apr 9 with 1737 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you need to re-read the airbrushed accounts for last year - and add in the £10mîllion pushed out of the door with Flynn Downes. And recall City fans (and the chairman) remember Ashton buying his way out of division 3 ….. but probably don’t care any more.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ashton.. a thought on 07:57 - Apr 9 with 1696 viewsChurchman

Ashton.. a thought on 07:47 - Apr 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you need to re-read the airbrushed accounts for last year - and add in the £10mîllion pushed out of the door with Flynn Downes. And recall City fans (and the chairman) remember Ashton buying his way out of division 3 ….. but probably don’t care any more.

Please could you be specific and explain what in the accounts has been ‘airbrushed’ and how this contradicts what was said last Monday.

Secondly, how was £10m pushed out of the door with Downes? A player who wanted out long before he actually left.

Strange how you only tend to bring your ‘views’ to the forum after a Norwich win. Then maybe it’s not.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashton.. a thought on 08:50 - Apr 9 with 1468 viewsSheffordBlue

They have an ongoing 62 page forum thread called: The Office (UK) - Ipswich Town edition.

The latest post was yesterday. I think it's fair to say they still haven't forgotten....

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ashton.. a thought on 09:39 - Apr 9 with 1264 viewsChurchman

Ashton.. a thought on 08:50 - Apr 9 by SheffordBlue

They have an ongoing 62 page forum thread called: The Office (UK) - Ipswich Town edition.

The latest post was yesterday. I think it's fair to say they still haven't forgotten....

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio

It’s really odd how after nearly two years how some of them are interested Ashton and ITFC are doing. 62 pages on another club the other side of the country? It’s plain strange.

There they sit in their state of the art stadium, state of the art facilities, good manager (appointed by Ashton), snugly mid table - about the high water mark for Bristol City and attendances averaging a massive 20,000. Once staple League One fodder, they are now established Championship. They should be polishing the open top bus and Morris Dancing with joy.

You’d think at the very least they’d all be enjoying the moment, but nope. The fixated ones pray for Ashton and Ipswich’s fall. This peculiar idea that they did warn us about the devil incarnate - what were we supposed to do? March to the club with pitchforks and burning torches? Vandalise his car? It was the owners and his decision. Nobody made him leave Bristol City, including Lansdown - who they curiously absolve from any blame for their perceived financial mismanagement.

I’m looking forward to us one day playing them again. I might make the effort to go to Ashton Gate (Bristol is a lovely city anyway) to compare it with the broken brick ugly sh£thole I remember it as all those years ago. Ahh the memories of the stones and concrete lumps hitting the board room windows in 1980 after we played them there. And that lovely rotting concrete terrace when we lost in 1992 at Easter….
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 9:50]
Ashton.. a thought on 09:42 - Apr 9 with 1237 viewsJ2BLUE

Who cares? Some Town fans were all too happy to swallow every word.

Ashton is yet to put a foot wrong. By the time he and the rest of GC have finished, Bristol City will be looking up at us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ashton.. a thought on 09:55 - Apr 9 with 1149 viewsSheffordBlue

Ashton.. a thought on 09:39 - Apr 9 by Churchman

It’s really odd how after nearly two years how some of them are interested Ashton and ITFC are doing. 62 pages on another club the other side of the country? It’s plain strange.

There they sit in their state of the art stadium, state of the art facilities, good manager (appointed by Ashton), snugly mid table - about the high water mark for Bristol City and attendances averaging a massive 20,000. Once staple League One fodder, they are now established Championship. They should be polishing the open top bus and Morris Dancing with joy.

You’d think at the very least they’d all be enjoying the moment, but nope. The fixated ones pray for Ashton and Ipswich’s fall. This peculiar idea that they did warn us about the devil incarnate - what were we supposed to do? March to the club with pitchforks and burning torches? Vandalise his car? It was the owners and his decision. Nobody made him leave Bristol City, including Lansdown - who they curiously absolve from any blame for their perceived financial mismanagement.

I’m looking forward to us one day playing them again. I might make the effort to go to Ashton Gate (Bristol is a lovely city anyway) to compare it with the broken brick ugly sh£thole I remember it as all those years ago. Ahh the memories of the stones and concrete lumps hitting the board room windows in 1980 after we played them there. And that lovely rotting concrete terrace when we lost in 1992 at Easter….
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 9:50]

The player trading model that many clubs use took a massive hit due to Covid and still hasn't fully recovered - that's not something that Ashton could have foreseen but did hit their financial performance a lot and I think drives a lot of the negative criticism of him.

As you say their owner seems to get a free hit here. Under the watchful eye of Mark Detmer Ashton certainly won't be getting to play fast and loose with their money without a strong business case for it.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ashton.. a thought on 10:35 - Apr 9 with 1070 viewsChurchman

Ashton.. a thought on 09:55 - Apr 9 by SheffordBlue

The player trading model that many clubs use took a massive hit due to Covid and still hasn't fully recovered - that's not something that Ashton could have foreseen but did hit their financial performance a lot and I think drives a lot of the negative criticism of him.

As you say their owner seems to get a free hit here. Under the watchful eye of Mark Detmer Ashton certainly won't be getting to play fast and loose with their money without a strong business case for it.

I suspect if Ashton so much as passes a little gas while crunching his morning coco pops the owners will want to know about it. I bet his recent week in America was no easy ride either, when he wasn’t doing a photo shoot at Rhode Island of course.

I hope that’s the case and that would certainly fit with the structures they appear to be putting in place.
Ashton.. a thought on 10:59 - Apr 9 with 978 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Ashton.. a thought on 08:50 - Apr 9 by SheffordBlue

Doesn't help that some town fans have opened up a OTIB account just so they can join in on the thread and keep it alive.

Don't understand that at all, except for maybe on WOTB to wind them up, but Bristol City are hardly rivals.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024