Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 19:54 - May 22 with 3368 viewsHipsterectomy

Maybe I'm being too overly-sentimental but I was hoping we would be all in for him for at least a 2 year deal. He wants to stay, the players love him and McKenna seems to rate him. Maybe it's already done and just not announced, but I would love him here for at least another season due to his almost telepathic relationship with Morsy.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Luongo on 19:56 - May 22 with 3324 viewsKeno

Phil alluded to it being 'close' in another thread

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Luongo on 20:17 - May 22 with 3181 viewsPhilTWTD

Luongo on 19:56 - May 22 by Keno

Am guessing getting his situation tied up might be the reason why we've not had the retained list yet.
Luongo on 20:29 - May 22 with 3081 viewsKeno

Luongo on 20:17 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Am guessing getting his situation tied up might be the reason why we've not had the retained list yet.

If you check your runes what will you find?

Luongo on 20:31 - May 22 with 3069 viewsBluespeed225

There’s always a limbo period post season. Players away on hol etc. Do contracts run until end of May or June?
Luongo on 20:51 - May 22 with 2942 viewsKeno

Luongo on 20:31 - May 22 by Bluespeed225

There’s always a limbo period post season. Players away on hol etc. Do contracts run until end of May or June?

well I for one think they should stop all this West Indian dance activity and get Loungo signed up!!

Luongo on 20:56 - May 22 with 2907 viewsSwansea_Blue

Probably more impatient than overly sentimental

Season’s not over yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:05 - May 22 with 2858 viewsunstableblue

Luongo on 20:17 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

My own view:

Morsy - defo good enough for championship starter, but won’t be as dominant
Luongo - contract in motion, great back-up

Evans - not sure he’s in plans, but under contract?? Could exit
Ball - back-up holding mid perhaps? and under contract, but could exit

El Miz - has told Orient fans he’s returning here for pre-season, I think he could be the young back-up holding mid next season
Humphreys - could do with a high-level loan, but could still be young back up attacking midfield

And a New marquee signing, Taylor at Posh not high quality enough??

Five into two??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:21 - May 22 with 2773 viewsSheffordBlue

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:05 - May 22 by unstableblue

My own view:

El Miz - has told Orient fans he’s returning here for pre-season, I think he could be the young back-up holding mid next season
Humphreys - could do with a high-level loan, but could still be young back up attacking midfield

Five into two??

I think Ball's ability to play as a CB increases his appeal. McKenna clearly loves having loads of attacking options so Ball frees up a squad/bench space potentially.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:28 - May 22 with 2717 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:21 - May 22 by SheffordBlue

I think Ball's ability to play as a CB increases his appeal. McKenna clearly loves having loads of attacking options so Ball frees up a squad/bench space potentially.

I think McKennas preference for attacking optionality and s sub bench with a full back up attacking line may change with the tougher opponents and midfields in the championship

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:36 - May 22 with 2656 viewsSheffordBlue

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:28 - May 22 by unstableblue

I think McKennas preference for attacking optionality and s sub bench with a full back up attacking line may change with the tougher opponents and midfields in the championship

Good point. I still think his versatility puts him ahead of a couple of the other CM options.

I guess you could make a similar case for Humphreys who could also play as a 10 or LB/LWB. Unless they can get him a good loan he might still do better staying with us and hoping that injuries give him another good opportunity.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Luongo on 21:55 - May 22 with 2539 viewsBlueBadger

Luongo on 19:56 - May 22 by Keno

Is that better or worse than being 'imminent'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luongo on 22:06 - May 22 with 2464 viewsVic

Luongo on 21:55 - May 22 by BlueBadger

Is that better or worse than being 'imminent'?

Impending Maybe?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Luongo on 22:07 - May 22 with 2466 viewsPioneerBlue

I know this isnt exactly responding to op but there are assertions presented as fact in the thread.

To date:
First half season. What we know is KMcK’s strategy for points accumulation was about slower deliberate build up play partly based on varying availability of players in a squad with injuries. This was against opposition teams that were less concerned with stealing a point

Second half or final third. What we know is KMcK’s strategy for points accumulation was purposely quicker from back to front partly based on new player options that enabled evolution in play which worked against teams with a point to win.

State of competition and how you take advantage varies early in the season compared with later, your own relative position can also influence how you approach each game as the season progresses, slower ball retention v quicker more ball recovery for example.

We do not know how a KMcKs team will set out in its balance slow or fast build up as a standard against higher quality opponents, nor whether he will prefer more attacking or defensive bench to support, nor whether we will look as a team different first v second half of season in 23/24!

We only know what played out in L1, it might be an insight to what comes next, likely will be, but this looks like the kind of coaching set up that will adapt to the circumstances as they find them.

Future:
If what we’ve done in the past continues to work great, if not we pivot.

Luongo:
He really helped Morsy and therefore itfc to ramp up levels in final third of season. That was L1. If we want Luongo and there is a place for him in our champ squad we sign him amongst many other current options, no time for sentimentality. We need to formulate the right mix of profiles and attributes in midfield to attack the Championship. Suspect that means younger legs with the experienced players probably alongside Morsy and or Ball.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 8:21]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 23:52 - May 22 with 2225 viewsunstableblue

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:36 - May 22 by SheffordBlue

Good point. I still think his versatility puts him ahead of a couple of the other CM options.

I guess you could make a similar case for Humphreys who could also play as a 10 or LB/LWB. Unless they can get him a good loan he might still do better staying with us and hoping that injuries give him another good opportunity.

Perhaps we’re going to see a smaller and higher quality squad this season, with as you state flexible players being desirable.

Don’t think we’ll have Humphreys and El Miz

Not sure we’d have Ball, Morsy, Evans and Luongo either - do you think we’ll keep Evans?

I’d forgotten Camara - no idea where he’s going to end up.

Luongo on 12:02 - May 23 with 1867 viewsCityBlue

just to agree personal terms - looking for a two year deal with signing on fee.

Hirst deal is a no go until after final game of EPL season as Foxes aren't willing to discuss options until then.

Two names/signing potentially announced end of next week or maybe week commencing 5th June. (Travel details being sorted for Austria etc and some strategy development)

mum's the word...

I T I D

Luongo on 13:03 - May 23 with 1642 viewsSkip_Intro

wasn't there talk of Luongo being keen to return to Australia at some point? I wonder whether this is a factor - although I am sure that he has at least 2 more decent years in him at Champ level if he can stay relatively injury-free (which isn't a certainty given his injury record I guess)
Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 13:13 - May 23 with 1571 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil - what’s your view of central midfield next season???? on 21:05 - May 22 by unstableblue

My own view:

Five into two??

Would surprise me if Ball moved on, he's an experienced Championship player. Evans perhaps a victim of numbers, although has also played a fair bit in the Championshp and he was excellent in the first half of the season. Camara I could see being moved on.

El Mizouni I'm pretty sure will be sold. Derby very keen from what I'm told.

I wonder whether Luongo being offered terms means Taylor won't be on the radar but we'll see. Humphreys will be a year older and looking to play more regularly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024