Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings 09:20 - Jul 8 with 6621 viewsunstableblue

To Austria… pre-season tours at great facilities a great chance to gel a group

We have the Bremen/Leipzig tournament as another trip.

Does seem the transfer market is slow this summer

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:31 - Jul 8 with 4280 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Would rather we wait and get the right players in, but it's not ideal going on tour with only 1 striker.

Kayden Jackson is obviously playing in that role at the moment, but unless Hirst joins whoever comes in will need time to get up to speed.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:41 - Jul 8 with 4235 viewsGiveusaWave

I'd say we still need 2 strikers and a defender. No more midfielders though...

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 4213 viewsunstableblue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:31 - Jul 8 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Would rather we wait and get the right players in, but it's not ideal going on tour with only 1 striker.

Kayden Jackson is obviously playing in that role at the moment, but unless Hirst joins whoever comes in will need time to get up to speed.

We’ve essentially got 4 weeks to go to Sunderland away, KM would obviously have wanted all summer recruits to be going to Austria on Sunday.

But it doesn’t work like that.

Positively we have a great set of pre-season fixtures.. including another foreign trip/tournament

So no panic… business get done when it gets done… tends to be sequence of events to trigger a transfer into Town.. like a house buying chain… e.g. Leicester bring a striker in, or the new manager defines his squad make-up…. BUT players NOT in the building by say 22nd perhaps won’t have the gelling in and acclimatisation to have them optimal for the Stadium of Light

Having said all that - pointless musings - Davis came straight in to a season opener from a Leeds foreign tour… yes he gave away a penalty and was a little off his game, but McKenna deemed it worth the risk to get him up to speed ASAP… not sure points on offer in the Championship give us that luxury though

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:49 - Jul 8 with 4191 viewsunstableblue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:41 - Jul 8 by GiveusaWave

I'd say we still need 2 strikers and a defender. No more midfielders though...

Agreed

Keep Freddie

Maybe a younger player to grow, or Premier loanee

BUT a proven striker of quality with goals will be the key to a season where we trouble the top six.

Thinking back to last season - Akpom, Gyokeres, Morris, Piroe, Tells - kwality, innit

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:09 - Jul 8 with 4076 viewsNaylorsrightboot

We need at least 2 strikers and they need to hit the ground running. So getting them in is most important. The later we leave it the longer it takes to get up to speed. I hope we don't have the same scenario with Hirst as we did last summer, then leave ourselves short again.
We also need a centre half. Don't think Wolf and Burgess together are good enough.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:12 - Jul 8 with 4039 viewschicoazul

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:09 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

We need at least 2 strikers and they need to hit the ground running. So getting them in is most important. The later we leave it the longer it takes to get up to speed. I hope we don't have the same scenario with Hirst as we did last summer, then leave ourselves short again.
We also need a centre half. Don't think Wolf and Burgess together are good enough.

Considering their record last year I’d say they are more than good enough.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:19 - Jul 8 with 4020 viewsbilllm

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:09 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

Have to agree, gelling can take ages, that costs points,
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:28 - Jul 8 with 4002 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:12 - Jul 8 by chicoazul

Considering their record last year I’d say they are more than good enough.

They need that bit of experience at the back. I think. Wolf is to laid back and will get caught out and Burgess l just don't think is up to it.
Login to get fewer ads

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 10:53 - Jul 8 with 3939 viewsunstableblue

… window

New signing flying straight to their training camp

Arghhhh arghhh arghhh we’re all going to die!!

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 11:18 - Jul 8 with 3847 viewsJDB23

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 10:53 - Jul 8 by unstableblue

… window

Saw they signed Morgan Rogers on a perm the other day too, feel like that may have potentially been one we looked at given our past links.

As I said when it came to Simms, we are no longer the big boys in the division, we're not going to outmuscle everyone financially. If we are trying to shop in the same market as the top 6/8 teams then we will come away empty handed, we need to be clever this window. I'm sure that isn't news to Ashton and co but do feel we need to cast the net a little further than just 'obvious' signings, as they will also be obvious to everyone else.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 11:18]
Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 11:28 - Jul 8 with 3801 viewsunstableblue

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 11:18 - Jul 8 by JDB23

Saw they signed Morgan Rogers on a perm the other day too, feel like that may have potentially been one we looked at given our past links.

As I said when it came to Simms, we are no longer the big boys in the division, we're not going to outmuscle everyone financially. If we are trying to shop in the same market as the top 6/8 teams then we will come away empty handed, we need to be clever this window. I'm sure that isn't news to Ashton and co but do feel we need to cast the net a little further than just 'obvious' signings, as they will also be obvious to everyone else.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 11:18]

Yup… not sure we can afford an obvious proven striker… that shopping aisle will be rather busy! And as you say we can’t match the likes of Coventry with money to spend, or say a Leeds or Saints.

Need to be clever… as we were with Hirst. But his form with us has made him hard to get.

May have to go abroad or catch someone on the edge of exploding into form and goals.

Not convinced a Premiership loanee can fill the void - albeit it did work for Sunderland.

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:30 - Jul 8 with 3788 viewschicoazul

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:28 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

They need that bit of experience at the back. I think. Wolf is to laid back and will get caught out and Burgess l just don't think is up to it.

We didn’t concede a single league goal from a defensive possession mistake last year. I used to think the same about Wolf, I was wrong then and you are now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

QPR fans really not upset by this goalie loss! (n/t) on 11:34 - Jul 8 with 3780 viewsunstableblue

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 10:53 - Jul 8 by unstableblue

… window

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 3766 viewspointofblue

We need two strikers, a centre back and at least one winger, unless Harness and Edwards find some consistency. It’s be nice to have them in for the start of the season but we’re not the big fish in the pond anymore.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 3689 viewsunstableblue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:36 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

We need two strikers, a centre back and at least one winger, unless Harness and Edwards find some consistency. It’s be nice to have them in for the start of the season but we’re not the big fish in the pond anymore.

I think Harness inconsistency and loss of confidence led to our wobble last season… hence Broadhead such a catalyst for the MEGA run

BUT when Harness does fire he’s good… people forget… he scored some crucial goals last term. Not sure he suits a back-up and bit part player role. Needs game time. He was really good when he came on against Barnsley.

Would love this to be Edwards break out season… and attacking defences not employing the low block might suit him.

I think an attacking mid 3 of Broadhead, Chaplin and Burns… supported by Aluko… then Edwards Harness and AN Other would work

BUT only with a Hirst or better in front of them.. Ladapo is good enough as a sub.. as per last season

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:26 - Jul 8 with 3626 viewsBiGDonnie

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:28 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

Woolf too laid back? FFS

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 12:28 - Jul 8 with 3627 viewsKieran_Knows

… window

Are you alright?

Jesus wept.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:30 - Jul 8 with 3619 viewsBigCommon

Last Summer was a bit different. KM had had 3 months in the division, with the existing squad to identify, exactly what we needed to improve the squad. And we were probably working on some of those signings long before the window opened... Let's be honest, it wasn't rocket science that we needed a LWB, MF reinforcements, and a decent striker. And it was easier to "upgrade" on what we had, then. Than it is now, with an improved squad..
Last year's rhetoric, from KM, was all about getting the business done early and getting up and running, pre season, to hit the ground running, which we did..
This Summer, we haven't heard that sort of noise. We're just hearing, that in order to improve the squad, and not just add bodies for the sake of it, it will be trickier and some level of patience is required.. In an ideal World, all managers and CEOs would want everything done and dusted on day 1 of any window. Never going to happen.
Pretty sure that KM realises that the kind of player he's asking for, might take a bit of time to sign.
Whilst a large number of bed wetters were chucking their toys out of the pram in January, when we dipped to 4th in the league. The people at the wheel, those that mattered, kept their heads and delivered. Both , in the window, and on automatic promotion. Can we please stop doubting the recruitment and sowing any seeds of doubt on what the club is doing?
Painful isn’t it? (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 8 with 3592 viewsBloots

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 12:28 - Jul 8 by Kieran_Knows

Are you alright?

Jesus wept.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Painful isn’t it? (n/t) on 12:37 - Jul 8 with 3573 viewsKieran_Knows

Painful isn’t it? (n/t) on 12:33 - Jul 8 by Bloots

Absolutely. Roll on 1st September or whenever it is the window closes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:44 - Jul 8 with 3523 viewspointofblue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:30 - Jul 8 by BigCommon

Last Summer was a bit different. KM had had 3 months in the division, with the existing squad to identify, exactly what we needed to improve the squad. And we were probably working on some of those signings long before the window opened... Let's be honest, it wasn't rocket science that we needed a LWB, MF reinforcements, and a decent striker. And it was easier to "upgrade" on what we had, then. Than it is now, with an improved squad..
Last year's rhetoric, from KM, was all about getting the business done early and getting up and running, pre season, to hit the ground running, which we did..
This Summer, we haven't heard that sort of noise. We're just hearing, that in order to improve the squad, and not just add bodies for the sake of it, it will be trickier and some level of patience is required.. In an ideal World, all managers and CEOs would want everything done and dusted on day 1 of any window. Never going to happen.
Pretty sure that KM realises that the kind of player he's asking for, might take a bit of time to sign.
Whilst a large number of bed wetters were chucking their toys out of the pram in January, when we dipped to 4th in the league. The people at the wheel, those that mattered, kept their heads and delivered. Both , in the window, and on automatic promotion. Can we please stop doubting the recruitment and sowing any seeds of doubt on what the club is doing?

Though it could be argued that January ended up being key because we made a mess of the summer. Camara and Ahadme were questionable signings at the time, made because we spent too long focusing on primary targets which we couldn’t get through the door whilst secondary targets were snapped up, resulting in a panic on 31st August.

We do not want to be in that position again but, the longer it goes without us making key signings, the more likely plans B and C will also become unavailable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Painful isn’t it? (n/t) on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 3411 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Painful isn’t it? (n/t) on 12:37 - Jul 8 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely. Roll on 1st September or whenever it is the window closes.

Let's hope it's with a couple of decent strikers, a centre half and someone to push Burns, otherwise we are in trouble with what we have at the moment. Ladapo is a good substitute but with only Jackson as the other option we really would be struggling.
Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 13:55 - Jul 8 with 3356 viewsunstableblue

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 12:28 - Jul 8 by Kieran_Knows

Are you alright?

Jesus wept.

Do you honestly think I’m being serious - feckin hell

Jesus wept indeed

Seriously?!

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 3347 viewsunstableblue

Are you alright?

Jesus wept.

“ Arghhhh arghhh arghhh we’re all going to die!!”

Did you honestly think this was a serious post

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 14:11 - Jul 8 with 3292 viewsArnieM

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 09:49 - Jul 8 by unstableblue

Agreed

Keep Freddie

Maybe a younger player to grow, or Premier loanee

BUT a proven striker of quality with goals will be the key to a season where we trouble the top six.

Thinking back to last season - Akpom, Gyokeres, Morris, Piroe, Tells - kwality, innit

Do you think Freddie could leave if we have 2 strikers on our target list who may come in late in the window? I keep seeing FL linked with Derby . Not sure how much truth there is in this.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024