Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings 09:20 - Jul 8 with 6670 viewsunstableblue

To Austria… pre-season tours at great facilities a great chance to gel a group

We have the Bremen/Leipzig tournament as another trip.

Does seem the transfer market is slow this summer

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 14:22 - Jul 8 with 2304 viewsPioneerBlue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:28 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

They need that bit of experience at the back. I think. Wolf is to laid back and will get caught out and Burgess l just don't think is up to it.

You did watch ITFC and see our defensive game last season yeah? This comment about Wolf being too laid back is lazy, we know where it comes from but it simply didn’t translate into poor performances last season. There is no reason to imagine it will be a problem this season with the quality of our out ball options, the full backs and midfield/attacking midfielders. I’m sure there will be times when teams will out score us but my concern is not the recognised starting XI. Few of those players have to look over their shoulder to worry about competition; few of these starters have to fight for their starting position, that includes Burgess and Wolf, these positions are shared and minutes managed in the squad but the back up might have cut it in L1, in the Champ it is likely a different story.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 15:44]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 14:28 - Jul 8 with 2284 viewsThe_Realist_09

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 11:18 - Jul 8 by JDB23

Saw they signed Morgan Rogers on a perm the other day too, feel like that may have potentially been one we looked at given our past links.

As I said when it came to Simms, we are no longer the big boys in the division, we're not going to outmuscle everyone financially. If we are trying to shop in the same market as the top 6/8 teams then we will come away empty handed, we need to be clever this window. I'm sure that isn't news to Ashton and co but do feel we need to cast the net a little further than just 'obvious' signings, as they will also be obvious to everyone else.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 11:18]

Absolutely spot on. Will struggle to build a sustainable transfer model by shopping in the same market as big established clubs at this level. Most players in this market will not be undervalued, with the potential to sell on for big money in the future.

It will take a little more nous than that, see Brighton, Brentford etc as well as Burnley's use of the Belgium market last season.

It is early days, but lets not forget after missing out on our forward targets all last summer, last season required a superb January and a best in the world run of form to get us over the line.
Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 15:02 - Jul 8 with 2228 viewschicoazul

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 13:57 - Jul 8 by unstableblue

“ Arghhhh arghhh arghhh we’re all going to die!!”

Did you honestly think this was a serious post

I honestly think you honestly think that of other people yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 15:57 - Jul 8 with 2158 viewsArnieM

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 14:28 - Jul 8 by The_Realist_09

Absolutely spot on. Will struggle to build a sustainable transfer model by shopping in the same market as big established clubs at this level. Most players in this market will not be undervalued, with the potential to sell on for big money in the future.

It will take a little more nous than that, see Brighton, Brentford etc as well as Burnley's use of the Belgium market last season.

It is early days, but lets not forget after missing out on our forward targets all last summer, last season required a superb January and a best in the world run of form to get us over the line.

Who would you list as the “ big clubs” in the championship, and on what basis are you defining them as “ big”?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 16:30 - Jul 8 with 2095 viewsJ2BLUE

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 11:28 - Jul 8 by unstableblue

Yup… not sure we can afford an obvious proven striker… that shopping aisle will be rather busy! And as you say we can’t match the likes of Coventry with money to spend, or say a Leeds or Saints.

Need to be clever… as we were with Hirst. But his form with us has made him hard to get.

May have to go abroad or catch someone on the edge of exploding into form and goals.

Not convinced a Premiership loanee can fill the void - albeit it did work for Sunderland.

No evidence at all that Hirst is any harder to get now then he was in January.

Leicester only have one other striker (Vardy) until their internationals get back.

Every year things start off slowly and then the market gets going. Every year we have people panicking.

The main causes of the panic are players we might not even have been interested in signing elsewhere. I'm really not convinced Simms was ever a serious target. I'm confident we will have at least a couple of new players by the Innsbruck cup.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 16:51 - Jul 8 with 2069 viewsVegtablue

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 15:57 - Jul 8 by ArnieM

Who would you list as the “ big clubs” in the championship, and on what basis are you defining them as “ big”?

Yeah I'd avoid the description 'big'.

More attractive clubs this summer for me (from the perspective of a player in the market) include Boro, Sunderland, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Norwich, West Brom, Coventry and Watford. Watford have net profit of £35m in transfers this summer and retain big talent for now. I include West Brom because 10th in the Championship is their worst league finish since the turn of the century. Two clubs that will consider themselves more attractive are Swansea, a top half team with two or three top players, and Bristol City, who are spending again and retain their star midfielder for now.

Yet we are fifth favourites in the betting! Lots of Town fans have lost their marbles or lots of outside confidence in a star manager and solid squad used to winning. A bit of both.
Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 16:55 - Jul 8 with 2058 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Smash the emergency signing panic safety glass - Boro sign their 6th of the.. on 15:57 - Jul 8 by ArnieM

I suppose he means those with parachute money? The others aren't any better off than us l would say and some a lot worse off. Coventry have money but can't see them spending much of it after they get Simms, the rest needs to go to run the club. Maybe Birmingham? They have spent a bit. They have ambitious owners like ourselves. Sunderland have spent a bit, not sure they have huge reserves though.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 16:56 - Jul 8 with 2051 viewsBigCommon

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:44 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

Though it could be argued that January ended up being key because we made a mess of the summer. Camara and Ahadme were questionable signings at the time, made because we spent too long focusing on primary targets which we couldn’t get through the door whilst secondary targets were snapped up, resulting in a panic on 31st August.

We do not want to be in that position again but, the longer it goes without us making key signings, the more likely plans B and C will also become unavailable.

Yeah, we had a mixed bag last Summer, indeed.. Point is, whilst many were losing their heads over it when we were having a blip and losing players through injury, etc. The people that are actually running things, kept their heads and delivered, by the end of the season.

I can see why people might be getting a bit twitchy with the slow start to this window. But, imo, there's plenty of credit in the bank for Ashton and co, to be able to afford them some trust in what they are doing. Both in terms of progressing at an acceptable rate, and protecting the clubs finances..There's only so much they can do within our financial parameters.
Login to get fewer ads

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 17:13 - Jul 8 with 2017 viewsPioneerBlue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 16:56 - Jul 8 by BigCommon

Yeah, we had a mixed bag last Summer, indeed.. Point is, whilst many were losing their heads over it when we were having a blip and losing players through injury, etc. The people that are actually running things, kept their heads and delivered, by the end of the season.

I can see why people might be getting a bit twitchy with the slow start to this window. But, imo, there's plenty of credit in the bank for Ashton and co, to be able to afford them some trust in what they are doing. Both in terms of progressing at an acceptable rate, and protecting the clubs finances..There's only so much they can do within our financial parameters.

We are not operating with the luxury of a parachute money tree like Leicester nor a huge player trading profit like Cov. Where did people dream up this smashing the Champ like L1, there have been no such words by Mark Steed nor the cluub. We are operating with a small headroom based on our ticket and trading revenue.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 18:18 - Jul 8 with 1949 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 12:26 - Jul 8 by BiGDonnie

Woolf too laid back? FFS

He's always been know as quite laid back in fairness to the poster.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21281123.ive-just-completely-average---town-star-woo

Granted thats 21 however

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 18:22 - Jul 8 with 1940 viewsArnieM

He’s generally pedestrian ( some would say measured) in bringing the ball out of defence. Whether that will work in the Championship remains to be seen.

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 07:23 - Jul 9 with 1834 viewswitchdoctor

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 14:22 - Jul 8 by PioneerBlue

You did watch ITFC and see our defensive game last season yeah? This comment about Wolf being too laid back is lazy, we know where it comes from but it simply didn’t translate into poor performances last season. There is no reason to imagine it will be a problem this season with the quality of our out ball options, the full backs and midfield/attacking midfielders. I’m sure there will be times when teams will out score us but my concern is not the recognised starting XI. Few of those players have to look over their shoulder to worry about competition; few of these starters have to fight for their starting position, that includes Burgess and Wolf, these positions are shared and minutes managed in the squad but the back up might have cut it in L1, in the Champ it is likely a different story.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 15:44]

what a difference a year makes…this time last year Fridge was considered to be a deffo starter with Burgess very much a back up option…no one mentioning him at the moment..has he been written off then?
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:37 - Jul 9 with 1660 viewsStewart27

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:28 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

They need that bit of experience at the back. I think. Wolf is to laid back and will get caught out and Burgess l just don't think is up to it.

That laid back narrative is a little tiresome. What does it even mean?

His calmness allows the composure he has on the ball which is instrumental to the way we play. Plus the guy can tackle.

He’s a wonderful defender in our system.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:45 - Jul 9 with 1656 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:37 - Jul 9 by Stewart27

That laid back narrative is a little tiresome. What does it even mean?

His calmness allows the composure he has on the ball which is instrumental to the way we play. Plus the guy can tackle.

He’s a wonderful defender in our system.

Don't forget he is inexperienced in terms of Championship.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:59 - Jul 9 with 1642 viewscressi

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:45 - Jul 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

The Wolf and Burgess will be fine it's not kane and Haaland
As for signings I'm sure it's better to get the right one's than panic or pay over the top.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 00:47 - Jul 10 with 1617 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:59 - Jul 9 by cressi

The Wolf and Burgess will be fine it's not kane and Haaland
As for signings I'm sure it's better to get the right one's than panic or pay over the top.

Burgess......I am not sure......time will tell though.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:46 - Jul 10 with 1427 viewsRadlett_blue

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 14:11 - Jul 8 by ArnieM

Do you think Freddie could leave if we have 2 strikers on our target list who may come in late in the window? I keep seeing FL linked with Derby . Not sure how much truth there is in this.

Freddie is a decent League One striker who was a good signing for us. However, he's 30 & I don't think he should be starting regularly if we want to be competitive next season. We should ship him out (as long as we can find better) or keep him as useful back up if he's comfortable in that role.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 16:41 - Jul 10 with 1310 viewslizzibee

I know it won't happen, but i'd love to see an ITFC post if Hirsty landing in Austria and surprising the boys wearing his new training kit.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 17:10 - Jul 10 with 1244 viewsStewart27

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 23:45 - Jul 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Another one of my favourites.

What do we do with our defenders who have been magnificent since KM came in? Not play them in the championship because they have no championship experience?
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 17:25 - Jul 10 with 1233 viewsRadioOrwell

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 10:09 - Jul 8 by Naylorsrightboot

We need at least 2 strikers and they need to hit the ground running. So getting them in is most important. The later we leave it the longer it takes to get up to speed. I hope we don't have the same scenario with Hirst as we did last summer, then leave ourselves short again.
We also need a centre half. Don't think Wolf and Burgess together are good enough.

It's important to panic this early in the year.

God know what you'll be like by Christmas.
Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:05 - Jul 11 with 1101 viewsArnieM

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 17:25 - Jul 10 by RadioOrwell

But he’s not wrong is he.

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 11:35 - Jul 11 with 1049 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Nothing to panic about.. but clearly KM would want to be taking 2 more signings on 17:25 - Jul 10 by RadioOrwell

The quicker we get people through the door the quicker they get the feel for the team. We need to hit the ground running, not be bottom at the end of August because we missed out on all our targets. Left with Freddie on his own and then Jackson. Thats really not going to cut it in this division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024