Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statues 13:31 - Aug 29 with 2097 viewsAsa

Had a mate at the game Saturday who asked why the Bobby Robson statue was behind the Cobbold Stand and the Alf Ramsey one behind the Bobby Robson stand.

Explained the timeline of the statues and the stands being named, but did make me wonder whether they may both be relocated in time to the appropriate stands given neither is going to be renamed and I'd imagine that both statues will probably receive some TLC in the near future.

Given how tatty they now both understandably look and how much Gamechanger have done to show some love to all areas, I would imagine cleaning these a bit would be on the clubs radar, even if they weren't to ever be relocated.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 14:45]
Statues on 13:43 - Aug 29 with 1958 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't see the point in relocating, does it matter if the statue of the person isn't behind the stand named after them?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 13:48]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Statues on 13:46 - Aug 29 with 1929 viewsAsa

Statues on 13:43 - Aug 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't see the point in relocating, does it matter if the statue of the person isn't behind the stand named after them?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 13:48]

Not to me or most people. I wouldn't have an issue with either location.

But if they were to have some proper TLC and updating, which wouldn't surprise me, and the option was open to relocate them I'd be interested to know who'd want them to be moved or who is attached to them where they are.

Given how brilliant the pieces are, I can well see Gamechanger looking to spruce them up and even protect them for the longer term.
Statues on 13:56 - Aug 29 with 1836 viewsFtnfwest

he can keep abreast of things more easily from there
Statues on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 1606 viewsburnbudgiesburn

As an aside, i'm surprised the plinths haven't had the jetwash treatment yet. They both look filthy.
Statues on 15:09 - Aug 29 with 1447 viewsArnieM

The line snd naming of the stands is indicative oh course. But another way of looking at it I suppose is that it was The Cobbolds who took the then big risk on a rookie Bobby Robson . So n m subs itโ€™s quite apt that heโ€™s placed behind that stand!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Statues on 15:13 - Aug 29 with 1414 viewschicoazul

Statues on 13:46 - Aug 29 by Asa

Not to me or most people. I wouldn't have an issue with either location.

But if they were to have some proper TLC and updating, which wouldn't surprise me, and the option was open to relocate them I'd be interested to know who'd want them to be moved or who is attached to them where they are.

Given how brilliant the pieces are, I can well see Gamechanger looking to spruce them up and even protect them for the longer term.

Protect statues?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Statues on 15:19 - Aug 29 with 1377 viewsGeoffSentence

If they were relocated do you think your mate would wonder why it was caled Sir Alf Ramsey Way and not Sir Bobby Robson Way?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Statues on 15:46 - Aug 29 with 1268 viewsitfc_bucks

One to ponder on - which one is going to be the Sir Kieran McKenna stand???
Login to get fewer ads

Statues on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 1233 viewsCityBlue

I didn't see a statue of Magnus Magnussen behind the Magnus stand either...

๐Ÿ˜‚

I T I D

Statues on 18:04 - Aug 29 with 972 viewsParisBlue

Statues on 15:46 - Aug 29 by itfc_bucks

One to ponder on - which one is going to be the Sir Kieran McKenna stand???

The one which isn't named the Mark Ashton stand. Some ego that man, at Bristol City the ground was named after him. Sort of...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Statues on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 911 viewsNthQldITFC

Statues on 15:52 - Aug 29 by CityBlue

I didn't see a statue of Magnus Magnussen behind the Magnus stand either...

๐Ÿ˜‚

They started one, but they haven't finished. Oddly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024