Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently 12:38 - Oct 31 with 1200 viewsfactual_blue

Covid was 'the wrong sort of crisis' for boris' 'skill set'.

Illuminating. Somebody seems to think boris has a skill set.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently on 12:44 - Oct 31 with 1152 viewsWD19

He was to pandemics what you are to caption competitions.

Innit.
Apparently on 12:45 - Oct 31 with 1139 viewsblueasfook

Apparently on 12:44 - Oct 31 by WD19

Innit.

Oof! Shots fired

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Apparently on 12:48 - Oct 31 with 1122 viewsfactual_blue

Innit.

Harsh, but fair.

Apparently on 13:03 - Oct 31 with 1088 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Prime Minister was the wrong place for his skills, as was Mayor of London, MP and so on. Had the bloke been born on a Council estate, rather than a descendent of Turkish elites, he'd be lucky to work in an Amazon warehouse with his work ethic, time keeping, ability to recall basic information, honesty and so on.

Put him on trial with the others I say and do away with the lot.

Poundland PM with a dreamland manifesto.
Apparently on 13:18 - Oct 31 with 1042 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Apparently on 13:03 - Oct 31 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Prime Minister was the wrong place for his skills, as was Mayor of London, MP and so on. Had the bloke been born on a Council estate, rather than a descendent of Turkish elites, he'd be lucky to work in an Amazon warehouse with his work ethic, time keeping, ability to recall basic information, honesty and so on.

Put him on trial with the others I say and do away with the lot.

Poundland PM with a dreamland manifesto.

I think it is much more likely that he would have gone on a Club 18-30s holiday in the early 90s, would have blagged a job flyering for a club so that he could stay on, then would've been impressed by a 30 something with a white Audi Convertible and been recruited by him into the world of Timeshare Selling

Eventually he would have progressed onto more standard Costa Estate Agency and in Autumn 2019, in an effort to be his own boss, would have sunk his accumulated savings into a beach bar in Benidorm because he had "a really good feeling about the hospitality and tourism sectors for the upcoming 3 year cycle."
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 13:23]
Apparently on 13:19 - Oct 31 with 1038 viewsBlueBadger

Innit.

The Paul Lambert of politics/caption competitions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently on 13:21 - Oct 31 with 1030 viewsHelp

He saw himself as more of a Winston Churchill type. Thankfully we did not get involved in any wars during his time as primate minister
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 14:32]
Apparently on 13:23 - Oct 31 with 1010 viewsblueislander

Apparently on 13:21 - Oct 31 by Help

He saw himself as more of a Winston Churchill type. Thankfully we did not get involved in any wars during his time as primate minister

He was an expert in adultery.
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently on 13:25 - Oct 31 with 1003 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s worked hard on his deception skills, in fairness. Honed after years of practice on employers, wives, mistresses, colleagues and the public.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently on 13:25 - Oct 31 with 994 viewshomer_123

Apparently on 12:45 - Oct 31 by blueasfook

Oof! Shots fired

Victory within second as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Apparently on 13:34 - Oct 31 with 984 viewsfactual_blue

Apparently on 13:21 - Oct 31 by Help

He was the Winston Churchill of Gallipoli and the return to the Gold Standard rather than the Churchill of inspired wartime rhetoric.

Apparently on 13:44 - Oct 31 with 932 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Apparently on 13:34 - Oct 31 by factual_blue

He was the Winston Churchill of Gallipoli and the return to the Gold Standard rather than the Churchill of inspired wartime rhetoric.

So are you saying is that his career is Churchill's, but time shifted by 105 years or so?

Triumphant comeback in 2045 it is, then.

*shudder*
Apparently on 14:21 - Oct 31 with 889 viewsfactual_blue

Apparently on 13:25 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

He’s worked hard on his deception skills, in fairness. Honed after years of practice on employers, wives, mistresses, colleagues and the public.

Whoever it was on here who repeatedly posted that boris was a good egg isn't sorely missed.

Apparently on 14:40 - Oct 31 with 855 viewsHankScorpio

Apparently on 14:21 - Oct 31 by factual_blue

Whoever it was on here who repeatedly posted that boris was a good egg isn't sorely missed.

You might want to sit down before reading this by BrixtonBlue 24 Jul 2019 13:24
I reckon Boris might be a good PM. My reasoning - my missus has a 'political' job (I won't say more than that) and has had dealings with Boris on many occasions when he was Mayor.

First thing to note - while he himself is an incompetent, he tends to surround himself with a very good team. They advise/make the decisions and he's just the public face.

He'll happily do anything that makes him look good, which means populist measures that everyone agrees would be good (i.e. a fair living wage, benefits for the elderly and disabled, etc.) are more likely to happen.

He's big on green issues (even if it's just to make himself look good) and would cycle everywhere, often being late for meetings because of it.

He's also a very good public speaker, which will be important as PM. She said he'd be given a rather dry brief on a subject, read through it scribbling unreadable (to everyone else) notes on it, then half an hour later be presenting it in a very witty, engaging way, without using any notes. This is actually his one skill, but he's very good at it.

When he talks about "let's get to work" he doesn't mean himself, he means his team. And if he carries on picking a good one it could work out.

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024