Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results 11:30 - Nov 8 with 1992 viewskizaitfc

We need to remember last season when we had a slight 'dip' and fans got restless away to Bristol Rovers, we then went on to break records with our incredible form.

So lets not assume because we have had a couple of iffy performances that is it for us and other teams have "found us out".

The minor drop in form has coincided with some injuries to key players, illness in camp alongside a very busy schedule.

We also have to take into account Birmingham are not as some put it "a poor side" they have spent well in the summer and before their mad decision to appoint Rooney they were sat in the playoffs. Regarding Rotherham, they will take points off many teams playing in that fashion, pumping the ball into the box the way they do creates a lottery sometimes they will score 1 or 2 other times they will score 0.

Ultimately, if anyone asked you at the start of the season would you take our current position every single fan would have bitten your arm off, so lets chill out and look forward to Saturday!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 11:32 - Nov 8 with 1972 viewsBlueBadger

Bedwetters gonna wet the bed. Rather be in our position being disappointed with a couple of draws than in the position the budgies are.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 15:42 - Nov 8 with 1755 viewsWestSussexBlue

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 11:32 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

Bedwetters gonna wet the bed. Rather be in our position being disappointed with a couple of draws than in the position the budgies are.

True, we’ve got much higher aspirations than the budgies though and we’re clearly not as fluent as we were. Hopefully sickness bug and injuries clear up and we can f keep that gap to Leeds.
Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 15:54 - Nov 8 with 1730 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nobody's getting restless. People were just disappointed with dropping points at the end last night and how difficult it was to break down Rotherham's deep block. There are more post on here today about fans overreacting than there are fans overreacting (on here anyway - twitter and facebook may be something else).

It's all fine. We're in a great position and at long last we have a good team and great manager. People are obviously going to be disappointed when we drop points, otherwise I question why they bother watching.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 15:59 - Nov 8 with 1723 viewsFrimleyBlue

dear god, what is with some of you, it's football. When did it become a sport were everyone is so desperate to make it so anti criticism like.

being told to cheer up, people being called betwetters etc, if anything there are more wet blankets who can't face a negative thought about their club, it's bizarre and unhealthy tbh.

And before people come in and say, everyones allowed blah blah, yes correct they are. Bt fk me the amount of threads asking for everyone to hail jesus, its bizarre.

Yes we are doing better than we thought in summer
yes points are points
yes players have been ill

but yes, some players have also gone off the boil, face it, it happens, talk about it, stop hiding behind some weird positive only cloak like it's a badge of honour.

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 16:02 - Nov 8 with 1709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 15:59 - Nov 8 by FrimleyBlue

dear god, what is with some of you, it's football. When did it become a sport were everyone is so desperate to make it so anti criticism like.

being told to cheer up, people being called betwetters etc, if anything there are more wet blankets who can't face a negative thought about their club, it's bizarre and unhealthy tbh.

And before people come in and say, everyones allowed blah blah, yes correct they are. Bt fk me the amount of threads asking for everyone to hail jesus, its bizarre.

yes points are points

but yes, some players have also gone off the boil, face it, it happens, talk about it, stop hiding behind some weird positive only cloak like it's a badge of honour.

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

It's a bit weird isn't it? Shock horror, people getting emotional about the sport and team they love.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:10 - Nov 8 with 1643 viewsHerbivore

yes points are points

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

Yeah but I've seen absolute wet wipes describing a draw at Rotherham as a "terrible result" and others calling Saturday's game a "must win". Clearly opinions like that, unlike a rational discussion about individual performances, are the stuff of utter melts and they are rightly being called out as a result.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:21 - Nov 8 with 1601 viewsBlueBadger

yes points are points

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

God, imagine coming onto a football forum and posting limp hot takes with only a tenuous grasp on reality.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 17:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:30 - Nov 8 with 1532 viewsFrimleyBlue

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:21 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

God, imagine coming onto a football forum and posting limp hot takes with only a tenuous grasp on reality.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 17:22]

Not your fault BB. We accept you regardless.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:34 - Nov 8 with 1519 viewsDubtractor

yes points are points

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

FWIW I think discussion on performances (both team and individual) are fine - in my version of one of these threads I even state that our performances have been less sexy recently.

What gets my goat is the OTT comments, which is why I called you a fanny (a deliberately silly insult) for calling last night a terrible result. Similarly anyone now referring to Saturday as a must win game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:36 - Nov 8 with 1499 viewsChurchman

yes points are points

jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

I don’t think anyone’s asked everyone to hail Jesus. In any case, his not in the Arsenal team at the moment. Injured.

I also think people in general are being quite analytical about a team that’s lost twice in the league all year to date and sits in second. It’s going to be largely positive because we’ve done well. The correlation isn’t too hard to work out.

Of course there is room for improvement. Everyone knows that. Players form will vary. That’s why we have a squad, coaches and a manager. As he’s a good one - enjoy the ride. The time to worry is if you are stuck with a clown like Norwich are with Wagner or we were with Lambert.

For people to don the waterproof pyjamas at the moment is frankly absurd. When we lose a few games it’ll be just as it was in early Feb. A small percentage bawling loudly.
Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:50 - Nov 8 with 1458 viewsFrimleyBlue

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:34 - Nov 8 by Dubtractor

FWIW I think discussion on performances (both team and individual) are fine - in my version of one of these threads I even state that our performances have been less sexy recently.

What gets my goat is the OTT comments, which is why I called you a fanny (a deliberately silly insult) for calling last night a terrible result. Similarly anyone now referring to Saturday as a must win game.

No no I get the responses in the threads themselves.

It's the 100 new threads about how amazing life is.
It's just odd.

Waka waka eh eh

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 18:15 - Nov 8 with 1407 viewsbazza

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:50 - Nov 8 by FrimleyBlue

It's just odd.

I’d rather see 100 positive posts over any negative ones.. 8 points clear of 3rd, players coming back from injury and illness, digging our heals in and grinding out results ..Reasons to be cheerful 1,2,3.
Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 18:16 - Nov 8 with 1399 viewsHerbivore

Last seasons 'dip' in performances/results on 17:50 - Nov 8 by FrimleyBlue

It's just odd.

Yeah, imagine people thinking things are amazing when we're 8 points clear of third after 15 games. What a bunch of knobheads.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024