Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester goal 09:45 - Dec 27 with 1310 viewsoldbeardy

At the time I thought Clarke was at fault for the Leicester goal, as did everyone sitting nearby. But watching it back I don't think he had much option other than to track the run towards the penalty area leaving Mavadidi free. Burgess got out of position and Leicester worked that man advantage really well. Sorry Harry!
Leicester goal on 09:50 - Dec 27 with 1243 viewsKievthegreat

I think the reason if still attribute some blame to Harry is that him and Morsy both step in to fill the gap that was created in the centre. Once Morsy arrives to support, then Clarke needs to head back wide again.

I'm pretty sure this is what Morsy is berating Clarke about as we ended up with a spare man in the middle and no one wide.
Leicester goal on 10:04 - Dec 27 with 1161 viewsbritbiker

I was in line with that incident and it happened a few moments earlier as well which made it even more frustrating.

Clarke can be seen looking both directions as he is drawn between covering the man in the middle whilst also aware that the winger is free.

At the time I thought the same thing, is it his fault or had someone in the middle not covered their marker.
Leicester goal on 10:39 - Dec 27 with 981 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Leicester goal on 10:04 - Dec 27 by britbiker

I was in line with that incident and it happened a few moments earlier as well which made it even more frustrating.

Clarke can be seen looking both directions as he is drawn between covering the man in the middle whilst also aware that the winger is free.

At the time I thought the same thing, is it his fault or had someone in the middle not covered their marker.

He had to go with the man in the middle who was far more of an immediate threat. He actually did well to get out to Madvidi, but it was a sensational finish

Poll: Our final position

Leicester goal on 10:55 - Dec 27 with 926 viewsVic

Leicester goal on 10:04 - Dec 27 by britbiker

In real time I thought is was Clarkes fault - but watching it back a few times now I actually think Morsy was more at fault. He failed to respond quick enough when the guy made the dart towards our penalty area. Clarke correctly then moved inside to cut him off, but this left the guy in acres of space on the wing.

I strongly suspect it was a preplanned tactic from Leicester who had noticed that Clarke tends to tuck inside when the ball is on our left.

So rather than blame our players maybe we should put is down to good play by the opposition.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leicester goal on 12:06 - Dec 27 with 789 viewsArnieM

Whatever the issue is down that right side of defence , it keeps happening time after time. If one player moves to cover someone else then someone should be covering that player. So who isn’t doing it , Burns, Woolfie, midfield? All of them ? Communication or lack of it is in there somewhere.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leicester goal on 12:12 - Dec 27 with 773 viewsTrequartista

Burgess got dragged into midfield by a dummy run i think, so i think defenders were dragged left leaving a gap on the right.

It's not as though he was left clean through though, still plenty to do. Hladcky's positioning was not good.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leicester goal on 12:21 - Dec 27 with 749 viewsHerbivore

Leicester goal on 12:12 - Dec 27 by Trequartista

Burgess got dragged into midfield by a dummy run i think, so i think defenders were dragged left leaving a gap on the right.

It's not as though he was left clean through though, still plenty to do. Hladcky's positioning was not good.

Yep, watching it back again, Burgess steps out and that pulls Woolf across to cover and Clarke then has to cover Ndidi or there's a pretty straightforward pass on to put him clean through in the middle. It's a good strike but I agree with you that Hladky should do better. It goes about a yard inside the post and it's at a good height, I don't think he got his positioning right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leicester goal on 12:41 - Dec 27 with 700 viewsbluelagos

It could be no one's fault. Every player playing to a system that leaves opposition wide players often unmarked . Sometimes they are good enough to exploit it and get a goal...it happens and did last night.

The plus side are often our full backs get to join attacks and help create goals. That's our system and it has worked well for 2 years now.

Why anyone feels the need to call out a player every time the team concedes have no idea. We play to a system, no system is ever perfect and ours isn't . Even Brazil in 70, Holland in 74, Ipswich in 81 conceded goals.

Of course if anyone knows the perfect system, then get into management and am sure you'll soon be a great success.

*Not targeting the OP btw...more a general gripe

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024