Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? 09:34 - Dec 27 with 2160 viewstractorboy1978

We are so fortunate it has taken this long for an injury. There was a couple on here saying another striker wasn't a priority, but we now look pretty exposed with Jackson and Ladapo as our options. Although, I have to say I'd be tempted to play Broadhead through the middle on Friday with Omari coming in for Harness too.
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:34 - Dec 27 with 2132 viewsKieran_Knows

Yup, Broadhead through the middle for me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:36 - Dec 27 with 2094 viewskeighleyblue

Jackson did very little wrong last night and suits our system. He has to start vs qpr, imo
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:38 - Dec 27 with 2077 viewsGuthrum

Ladapo/Jackson, with one of those coming on later in the game. Trust the cover McKenna has picked to be in the squad, otherwise there's no point in them being there.

Edit: And besides which, Broadhead's shooting has been a bit patchy lately.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 9:39]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:46 - Dec 27 with 1990 viewsGlasgowBlue

Whoever we get in will take weeks to build up the sort of instinctive relationship Hirst had built with the likes of Chaplin.

This is a massive blow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:52 - Dec 27 with 1924 viewsVic

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:36 - Dec 27 by keighleyblue

Jackson did very little wrong last night and suits our system. He has to start vs qpr, imo

Not wanting to be negative about one of our players - but …. Hirst to Jackson is a huge drop off! I assumed Ladapo would be his replacement. Much as I respect Jackson for working his socks off to improve we need someone equal or better than Hirst. I strongly suspect that Scarlett returning is paving the way for that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 10:35 - Dec 27 with 1755 viewsGarv

I can see McKenna tweaking the way we play (because Hirst is one of a kind) and bringing Ladapo in. Try and get some form into him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 10:40 - Dec 27 with 1714 viewsHerbivore

Think for QPR it'll be Ladapo, I expect them to sit pretty deep and it'll suit his game. Jackson is very effective when we're playing sides who like to dominate the ball and play out from the back as he presses very well but I don't think we'll need that so much against QPR. Stoke may be a game for Jackson though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 10:57 - Dec 27 with 1604 viewsBlueBoots

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 10:40 - Dec 27 by Herbivore

Think for QPR it'll be Ladapo, I expect them to sit pretty deep and it'll suit his game. Jackson is very effective when we're playing sides who like to dominate the ball and play out from the back as he presses very well but I don't think we'll need that so much against QPR. Stoke may be a game for Jackson though.

Think you've called it; hopefully get an early goal (or two) with Ladapo on, and then make use of Jackson if QPR try to push high to get back in the game.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:00 - Dec 27 with 1562 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd honestly play Ladapo, but with Davis and Burns, i'd be asking them to get balls into the box as soon as possible.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:02 - Dec 27 with 1561 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Yep I’d go broadhead I think.
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:07 - Dec 27 with 1522 viewsSomethingBlue

Always suspected Hirst would be the first of our regulars to come down with a significant issue – no reflection on him, more the job expected of him. We will need to be careful with Davis too. I'd be alright with Ladapo starting against QPR, who should give us chances and probably won't push up ultra-high, and would not be surprised at all if a new striker arrives very quickly in January.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:15 - Dec 27 with 1425 viewsGarv

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:52 - Dec 27 by Vic

Not wanting to be negative about one of our players - but …. Hirst to Jackson is a huge drop off! I assumed Ladapo would be his replacement. Much as I respect Jackson for working his socks off to improve we need someone equal or better than Hirst. I strongly suspect that Scarlett returning is paving the way for that.

Jackson is just not physical enough to play upfront apart from 20 minutes here and there to see out a game.

We have to go long a lot more now than we did last season. He doesn't really compete when that happens. Strong arguments for keeping him around of course, but as a wide man for certain games. How we played last night without arguably our most important player (up there with Morsy) was superb.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:25 - Dec 27 with 1360 viewsHerbivore

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:15 - Dec 27 by Garv

Jackson is just not physical enough to play upfront apart from 20 minutes here and there to see out a game.

We have to go long a lot more now than we did last season. He doesn't really compete when that happens. Strong arguments for keeping him around of course, but as a wide man for certain games. How we played last night without arguably our most important player (up there with Morsy) was superb.

Jackson won a few flick ons, problem is we don't necessarily have someone close enough to the central striker to capitalise. Jackson has played the majority of two games as a central striker against Leeds and Leicester and he's done a good job to be fair to him. We looked more threatening with him up front than we had been with Hirst, which isn't down to the change itself necessarily, but he deserves credit for the problems he caused them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 11:54 - Dec 27 with 1247 viewsMookamoo

Would not have been a huge surprise to see either Lapado or Jackson start against QPR, irrespective of Hurst's injury.

I would imagine he'll opt for Lapado for QPR and Jackson for Stoke. No way will he play Broadhead up top.
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:00 - Dec 27 with 1207 viewsNutkins_Return

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:34 - Dec 27 by Kieran_Knows

Yup, Broadhead through the middle for me.

I actually think Chaplin could play it better than Broadhead. Broadhead can play 9 but might struggle the way we need it played. He isn't one to chase down relentlessly. That's why we put Jackson on. Jackson might get the nod. Although against QPR perhaps not so crucial.
Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:06 - Dec 27 with 1172 viewsPioneerBlue

Isn’t the answer Ladapo? Or Jackson. Let’s not over think it. I guess in terms of the squad Broadhead is next in line after either of them.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:08 - Dec 27 with 1143 viewsbournemouthblue

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:52 - Dec 27 by Vic

We clearly want a striker, this just accelerates this search

I assume QPR will sit deep with a low block and that probably suit Ladapo more than Jackson

Ladapo really seems to have dropped down the pecking order, I wouldn't be surprised to see him off in January either on loan or sold permanently

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:13 - Dec 27 with 1109 viewstextbackup

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 09:46 - Dec 27 by GlasgowBlue

Whoever we get in will take weeks to build up the sort of instinctive relationship Hirst had built with the likes of Chaplin.

This is a massive blow.

I do think you’re hyping Hirst up a bit too much here…
A good player will recognise Chaplins play, and I’m really not sure that takes weeks. If they are a smart, decent player (as they will be with the scouting we put in place) I’m not sure we need to worry too much.
It’s a blow, but we’ll be ok

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:16 - Dec 27 with 1079 viewsjayessess

Jackson was the option for last night because of his off-the-ball work, we needed someone who would chase and chase and chase.

Ladapo on Saturday for me, they'll sit a bit deeper and Ladapo's back to goal work and penalty box movement will be useful.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:28 - Dec 27 with 1026 viewstextbackup

Hirst, and what do we do on Friday? on 12:16 - Dec 27 by jayessess

Jackson was the option for last night because of his off-the-ball work, we needed someone who would chase and chase and chase.

Ladapo on Saturday for me, they'll sit a bit deeper and Ladapo's back to goal work and penalty box movement will be useful.

He’ll probably bag a goal or two… be a nice way for him to say goodbye to PR (if his time here is up)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024