Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue 13:56 - Feb 29 with 3544 viewsElderGrizzly

Latest financial results for Liverpool, show why TV continues to take priority over those coming through the turnstiles.

TV revenue - £242m
Gate revenue - £80m

So when we ask why are games moved for TV without consideration for fans and little pushback from clubs? That’s why.

If/when go up we have all this joy to come. Saturday at 3pm? Nah..🙄
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 14:59 - Feb 29 with 3024 viewsOldFart71

Still doesn't make it right though. One day tv will outprice itself and players being paid stupid money for being ordinary might come to an end. Once all the new players for tv rights scrambled to pay the most that lead to the ruination of tv football. Where competition is just a misused word. Competition is where a same or similar product is offered at a competitive price. When Sky started there was one fee for all matches. Now if you wanted to watch all matches you would need around five subscriptions. So no it's not competition. It's greed.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 15:05 - Feb 29 with 3006 viewsTractorCam

I still think we won't be on TV as much if we go up as, presuming, we wouldn't be a top team so you won't get broadcast as much, also 8 games less than the Championship.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:09 - Feb 29 with 2897 viewsTractorCam

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 15:05 - Feb 29 by TractorCam

I still think we won't be on TV as much if we go up as, presuming, we wouldn't be a top team so you won't get broadcast as much, also 8 games less than the Championship.

Blackburn and Southampton being moved to TV makes it 16 games on the box with still more to obviously come. I can't imagine Luton/ Palace etc have/will be on TV that many times this season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:36 - Feb 29 with 2808 viewsVaughan8

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:09 - Feb 29 by TractorCam

Blackburn and Southampton being moved to TV makes it 16 games on the box with still more to obviously come. I can't imagine Luton/ Palace etc have/will be on TV that many times this season.

Definitely won't be on the TV as much despite there being more games on TV each week.

However, not many are 3pm on a Saturday so I should imagine they'll be few are far between still!

We've only got 3 more home 3pm kick off if the last game is definitely 3pm(?) that won't change. Middlesboro at home might be moved though.
[Post edited 29 Feb 16:37]
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:44 - Feb 29 with 2783 viewsVegtablue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 15:05 - Feb 29 by TractorCam

https://www.football365.com/news/which-premier-league-teams-are-on-tv-the-most-s

Someone's kept tabs for you and the answer will likely be 9-11 for the least popular club on Sky+TNT. 11-13 including Amazon.

Overseas TV is likely a different story.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:57 - Feb 29 with 2738 viewsSitfcB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:36 - Feb 29 by Vaughan8

Definitely won't be on the TV as much despite there being more games on TV each week.

However, not many are 3pm on a Saturday so I should imagine they'll be few are far between still!

We've only got 3 more home 3pm kick off if the last game is definitely 3pm(?) that won't change. Middlesboro at home might be moved though.
[Post edited 29 Feb 16:37]

The last game of the season always changes. It could move day let alone time.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 17:03 - Feb 29 with 2723 viewsbournemouthblue

Surely the money for Championship games is less profitable though, regular income is more important in the Championship surely?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 17:35 - Feb 29 with 2660 viewsVegtablue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 17:03 - Feb 29 by bournemouthblue

Surely the money for Championship games is less profitable though, regular income is more important in the Championship surely?

We receive £5M-ish from the PL, £3M-ish from the EFL and £10-100K-ish per Sky game.
Login to get fewer ads

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 18:27 - Feb 29 with 2599 viewsRadlett_blue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:57 - Feb 29 by SitfcB

I doubt it. The final day of the Championship has been set for 4th May, with all games kicking off at 3pm.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 20:07 - Feb 29 with 2463 views_clive_baker_

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 16:57 - Feb 29 by SitfcB

Surely all the final day games will have to kick off at the same time? Can’t be in a position where a team knows what result they need before kick off.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 21:20 - Feb 29 with 2327 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Not quite the ratio I expected- that’s still a significant chunk of money from those through the turnstiles - enough to buy 1 Harry McGuire. Or Haaland, with enough spare to buy Leif Davis.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 21:23 - Feb 29 with 2310 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 20:07 - Feb 29 by _clive_baker_

Surely all the final day games will have to kick off at the same time? Can’t be in a position where a team knows what result they need before kick off.

Hence why all the matches move so that those worth televising are able to be shown.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 06:44 - Mar 1 with 2095 viewsArnieM

Football without fans is dead. Anyone remember games during covid? At some point tv coverage will come a cropper, and greedy clubs will rue the day they abused their fan base.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:23 - Mar 1 with 2041 viewsoldburian

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 06:44 - Mar 1 by ArnieM

Football without fans is dead. Anyone remember games during covid? At some point tv coverage will come a cropper, and greedy clubs will rue the day they abused their fan base.

That must be your first post without a mention of Norwich.

You are losing your touch, your pink un friends will be disappointed.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:49 - Mar 1 with 2001 viewsSitfcB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 18:27 - Feb 29 by Radlett_blue

I doubt it. The final day of the Championship has been set for 4th May, with all games kicking off at 3pm.

As it always is.

But it always changes.

Could still be the Saturday but 12:30 or 17:30, could be the Sunday, or even the Monday, but it 100% won’t be 3pm on Saturday.

COYB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:50 - Mar 1 with 1998 viewsSitfcB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 20:07 - Feb 29 by _clive_baker_

Yeah they always do.

COYB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 09:36 - Mar 1 with 1902 viewsRadlett_blue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 21:23 - Feb 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hence why all the matches move so that those worth televising are able to be shown.

Why would they all move when they have been scheduled for a time & date when no other Football League games are being played? Even the Football League know when the last day of the season is.

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 09:44 - Mar 1 with 1878 viewsLankHenners

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:49 - Mar 1 by SitfcB

As it always is.

But it always changes.

Could still be the Saturday but 12:30 or 17:30, could be the Sunday, or even the Monday, but it 100% won’t be 3pm on Saturday.

Was only Monday last season because all the EFL divisions had their final weekend at the same time whereas it's back to being staggered this season so would be surprised if they did it again. Reckon it might be moved to Sunday.

Feel like they should just confirm it now really, along with all the TV picks for the rest of the season. No real point in waiting and it's pretty obvious by now which teams will be playing matches worth hyping up. Takes the piss a bit when there'll be loads of fans across the country wanting to make plans for the last couple of months.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:05 - Mar 1 with 1787 viewsDubai_Blue

And they still lost 8 million
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:31 - Mar 1 with 1755 viewsyesjohn99

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 07:50 - Mar 1 by SitfcB

Yeah they always do.

Only moved last season due to the Kings Coronation.
Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 13:57 - Mar 1 with 1667 viewsITFC_Forever

Games are moved in the Prem even if they are not on tv, eg; if you / your opponent played in Europe on the Thursday night.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 22:18 - Mar 1 with 1518 viewsSitfcB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:31 - Mar 1 by yesjohn99

Only moved last season due to the Kings Coronation.

Is there a Coronation every year? Because they move every year. How many more times do I have to say it?

COYB

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 22:22 - Mar 1 with 1506 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 09:36 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

Why would they all move when they have been scheduled for a time & date when no other Football League games are being played? Even the Football League know when the last day of the season is.

As Sitters has explained. It is the silly rule that prevents televising 3 pm on a Saturday. Which makes it silly to have set them for that time in the first place when everyone knows they won't remain then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:28 - Mar 2 with 1294 viewsRadlett_blue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 22:22 - Mar 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

As Sitters has explained. It is the silly rule that prevents televising 3 pm on a Saturday. Which makes it silly to have set them for that time in the first place when everyone knows they won't remain then.

No, they will stay there because League 1 & League 2 both have their last day on Saturday 27th April.

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:55 - Mar 2 with 1253 viewsVegtablue

Tv revenue vs Gate revenue on 12:28 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

No, they will stay there because League 1 & League 2 both have their last day on Saturday 27th April.

It really won't be a 3pm Saturday KO unless the broadcasting rule is changed before this date. Previous posters are correct in saying that. I'm not sure how many years one would need to travel back in order to find final day games on a Saturday at 3pm. I wish it weren't so!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024