Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Storm Floris 06:09 - Aug 4 with 2099 viewsBenters

I hope dear old Glassers is well up in Scotland.

It’s going to be a bit rough up T’North today.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

1
Storm Floris on 08:18 - Aug 4 with 1886 viewsWeWereZombies

Strong breeze here on Skye at the moment but a gale rising to storm force forecast for an hour or so at lunchtime. Small leak above a window on the face of the house that is having the wooden shingles replaced by lightweight tiles at the moment and is under sheeting. Master of timing, me...

On the plus side, if the weather knocks out the broadband I won't be on here all day.

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

1
Storm Floris on 08:20 - Aug 4 with 1878 viewsbluelagos

Storm Floris on 08:18 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Strong breeze here on Skye at the moment but a gale rising to storm force forecast for an hour or so at lunchtime. Small leak above a window on the face of the house that is having the wooden shingles replaced by lightweight tiles at the moment and is under sheeting. Master of timing, me...

On the plus side, if the weather knocks out the broadband I won't be on here all day.


Did you move up there or are you a native?

Stunning place for sure - went through on the way to Harris/Lewis a couple of months ago on the motorbike.

Fair to say it was a bit windy!

Poll: Your preference for new Towen manager (Bookies favourites)
Blog: Time's Up Mark

0
Storm Floris on 08:31 - Aug 4 with 1842 viewsWeWereZombies

Storm Floris on 08:20 - Aug 4 by bluelagos

Did you move up there or are you a native?

Stunning place for sure - went through on the way to Harris/Lewis a couple of months ago on the motorbike.

Fair to say it was a bit windy!


Lived on Skye for almost twelve years now, sorry twelve yearsh...

But still a native Suffolk boy really. Will I ever move back down ? Difficult to say, if I could find a small stone house with just six rooms slap bang in the middle of a quarter of an acre of land for under two hundred thousand then maybe but I'm not holding out any hope of that.

Done a great deal of walking, some mountain biking and kayaking, even some rudimentary scrambling over the time I have been here but the increase in tourist pressure is getting to me now that I have turned seventy and it is probably wiser to limit myself to easier Munros, Corbetts and Grahams. In fact I've only managed a Marilyn so far this year, and that was in Aberdeeenshire before the friendly. Might even move over to the East coast, I really liked Pittodrie and there are many other grounds to visit on that side, other facilities are appealing too.

And then I look out the window and ask myself why I am not living in the Med or the Caribbean.

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

7
Storm Floris on 09:15 - Aug 4 with 1721 viewsNthQldITFC

Storm Floris on 08:31 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Lived on Skye for almost twelve years now, sorry twelve yearsh...

But still a native Suffolk boy really. Will I ever move back down ? Difficult to say, if I could find a small stone house with just six rooms slap bang in the middle of a quarter of an acre of land for under two hundred thousand then maybe but I'm not holding out any hope of that.

Done a great deal of walking, some mountain biking and kayaking, even some rudimentary scrambling over the time I have been here but the increase in tourist pressure is getting to me now that I have turned seventy and it is probably wiser to limit myself to easier Munros, Corbetts and Grahams. In fact I've only managed a Marilyn so far this year, and that was in Aberdeeenshire before the friendly. Might even move over to the East coast, I really liked Pittodrie and there are many other grounds to visit on that side, other facilities are appealing too.

And then I look out the window and ask myself why I am not living in the Med or the Caribbean.


Your second para resonates with me, buh.

Good work by Philogene...... GREAT WORK BY PHILOGENE!!!
Poll: How would you feel about a UK Identity Card?

1
Storm Floris on 09:17 - Aug 4 with 1715 viewsJ2BLUE

#FreeGB
2
Storm Floris on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 1639 viewsDJR

Storm Floris on 08:31 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Lived on Skye for almost twelve years now, sorry twelve yearsh...

But still a native Suffolk boy really. Will I ever move back down ? Difficult to say, if I could find a small stone house with just six rooms slap bang in the middle of a quarter of an acre of land for under two hundred thousand then maybe but I'm not holding out any hope of that.

Done a great deal of walking, some mountain biking and kayaking, even some rudimentary scrambling over the time I have been here but the increase in tourist pressure is getting to me now that I have turned seventy and it is probably wiser to limit myself to easier Munros, Corbetts and Grahams. In fact I've only managed a Marilyn so far this year, and that was in Aberdeeenshire before the friendly. Might even move over to the East coast, I really liked Pittodrie and there are many other grounds to visit on that side, other facilities are appealing too.

And then I look out the window and ask myself why I am not living in the Med or the Caribbean.


I have fond memories of a football tour to Skye in the 80s where we played on the pitch at Kyleakin.

And I must say that the view on a glorious sunny day from just north of the Kyle of Lochalsh across the Inner Sound, with Skye and other islands in the distance, is probably the most beautiful I have ever seen
[Post edited 4 Aug 2025 11:09]
1
Storm Floris on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 1611 viewsbrazil1982

A little odd waking up to heavy rain this morning, which for Yorkshire is something.
1
Storm Floris on 10:51 - Aug 4 with 1537 viewsBenters

Storm Floris on 08:31 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Lived on Skye for almost twelve years now, sorry twelve yearsh...

But still a native Suffolk boy really. Will I ever move back down ? Difficult to say, if I could find a small stone house with just six rooms slap bang in the middle of a quarter of an acre of land for under two hundred thousand then maybe but I'm not holding out any hope of that.

Done a great deal of walking, some mountain biking and kayaking, even some rudimentary scrambling over the time I have been here but the increase in tourist pressure is getting to me now that I have turned seventy and it is probably wiser to limit myself to easier Munros, Corbetts and Grahams. In fact I've only managed a Marilyn so far this year, and that was in Aberdeeenshire before the friendly. Might even move over to the East coast, I really liked Pittodrie and there are many other grounds to visit on that side, other facilities are appealing too.

And then I look out the window and ask myself why I am not living in the Med or the Caribbean.


Sounds lovely 👍

Gentlybentley
Poll: Which is best Cycling or Running,i will go for cycling as you are sitting down

0
Login to get fewer ads

Storm Floris on 11:03 - Aug 4 with 1483 viewsRyorry

Storm Floris on 08:31 - Aug 4 by WeWereZombies

Lived on Skye for almost twelve years now, sorry twelve yearsh...

But still a native Suffolk boy really. Will I ever move back down ? Difficult to say, if I could find a small stone house with just six rooms slap bang in the middle of a quarter of an acre of land for under two hundred thousand then maybe but I'm not holding out any hope of that.

Done a great deal of walking, some mountain biking and kayaking, even some rudimentary scrambling over the time I have been here but the increase in tourist pressure is getting to me now that I have turned seventy and it is probably wiser to limit myself to easier Munros, Corbetts and Grahams. In fact I've only managed a Marilyn so far this year, and that was in Aberdeeenshire before the friendly. Might even move over to the East coast, I really liked Pittodrie and there are many other grounds to visit on that side, other facilities are appealing too.

And then I look out the window and ask myself why I am not living in the Med or the Caribbean.


I visited Inverness one Hogmanay many decades ago and found it lovely, very friendly and beautiful. Black Isle has a lovely warmer/sunnier micro-climate than average for Scotland I believe, and you might find property a bit cheaper there? Just a thought.

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

0
Storm Floris on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 1469 viewsJ2BLUE

Storm Floris on 11:03 - Aug 4 by Ryorry

I visited Inverness one Hogmanay many decades ago and found it lovely, very friendly and beautiful. Black Isle has a lovely warmer/sunnier micro-climate than average for Scotland I believe, and you might find property a bit cheaper there? Just a thought.


It only rains 330 days a year?
1
Storm Floris on 11:06 - Aug 4 with 1474 viewsMattinLondon

Storm Floris on 09:17 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

#FreeGB


GBs demise on here was his own doing.

Often was a very friendly fella with a very good sense of humour - but his continued disingenuousness along with a massive ego meant that he went too far. If he could tone it down or wasn’t so “selective” in picking arguments with posters wording, he would still be a very good poster on here.
2
Storm Floris on 11:11 - Aug 4 with 1445 viewsRyorry

Storm Floris on 11:06 - Aug 4 by MattinLondon

GBs demise on here was his own doing.

Often was a very friendly fella with a very good sense of humour - but his continued disingenuousness along with a massive ego meant that he went too far. If he could tone it down or wasn’t so “selective” in picking arguments with posters wording, he would still be a very good poster on here.


If you’re going to have a go at people for ego, there are dozens with an ego far bigger than his who remain on here.

Poll: Do you find minor cuts & grazes heal better

4
Storm Floris on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 1435 viewsMattinLondon

Storm Floris on 11:11 - Aug 4 by Ryorry

If you’re going to have a go at people for ego, there are dozens with an ego far bigger than his who remain on here.


Wasn’t a dig at him at all. Simply said that I thought that his ego meant that he couldn’t back down or apologise. He often came across as a friendly fella.
0
Storm Floris on 11:49 - Aug 4 with 1360 viewsblueasfook

Storm Floris on 11:16 - Aug 4 by MattinLondon

Wasn’t a dig at him at all. Simply said that I thought that his ego meant that he couldn’t back down or apologise. He often came across as a friendly fella.


I know GB IRL and he's a lovely fella. He went in two-footed on Dollers and I am sure he fully realises that - and did in fact IIRC apologise before he got banned. He is stubborn in his views but then so are many others. But he didn't get banned for his views anyway. He got banned for the Dollers incident.

Proud winner of 3 DaveU upvotes
Poll: Should Frimmers be allowed back?

1
Storm Floris on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 1242 viewsWeWereZombies

Storm Floris on 11:03 - Aug 4 by Ryorry

I visited Inverness one Hogmanay many decades ago and found it lovely, very friendly and beautiful. Black Isle has a lovely warmer/sunnier micro-climate than average for Scotland I believe, and you might find property a bit cheaper there? Just a thought.


I go over to the Black Isle occasionally and a few years ago a neighbouring couple moved to just the other side of the Cromarty Firth so I am aware of it. And I had a pint of Black Isle porter and a pint of Black Isle Amber Ale at Belladrum over the weekend, decent but not quite Suffolk micro brewery standard. Looking forward to Folk East next week (best festival beer tents I have come across by a country mile), some compensation for not being a season ticket holder and missing out on live Championship football.

Let's hope Preston doesn't sell out and I can fit in a game on the way home...sorry. hame.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2025 12:31]

Poll: To make him more acceptable what should Gary O'Neill change his middle name to ?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026