Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious 16:37 - Jan 1 with 3966 viewsGarv

Captain, only player close to being a 'leader', Mick's favourite (apart from Skuse), right back and reserve centre half...

No chance he'll go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:28 - Jan 1 with 1458 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:25 - Jan 1 by taximan

not really relevant to giving emmanuel a run in the team now with berra playing alongside webster

"Nurture them in the right way and a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Smith and Kenlock would be excellent in 2/3 years time. But it's too early for all of them to be thrown in together right now."

My point is that to give Emmanuel a run, along with Kenlock, with Webster in the middle (alongside Berra, or anyone else, come to that), leaves us with too inexperienced a defence. Just my opinion.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:31 - Jan 1 with 1458 viewsITFC_Forever

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:58 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

Well I've heard Chambers was very down after the Bristol away game. The boo.boys have defiantly got to him personally. He said to a friend of mine that he had had enough of playing he felt that down.

Perhaps the boo boys will now be patting themselves on.the back and congratulate themselves on a. " job well done"?

Here's another thought for the boo boys to consider. The toxic atmosphere they create and the mindless targeting of specific players who wear the Town shirt and give the best that they have got, is feeding into the poor displays both individually and collectively. These players ARE human ffs........and furthermore, have the boo boys ever stopped to consider that footballers DO talk to one another and their attacks on players may actually make it harder for Town to bring new blood in! Why should a player stay at ITFC or move to this Club when the "fans" are a bunch of mindless shyte?

SUPPORT the team or stay away. but please don't target players. It ALWAYS works against us.

Pro players absolutely speak to each other and have opinions on various clubs and how they're run and their fans.

One particular club I've heard about (not in the Champ) are the epitome of a dreadfully run club and with a set of fans which seem to hate every player that pulls on the shirt.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 1440 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:28 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

"Nurture them in the right way and a back four of Emmanuel, Webster, Smith and Kenlock would be excellent in 2/3 years time. But it's too early for all of them to be thrown in together right now."

My point is that to give Emmanuel a run, along with Kenlock, with Webster in the middle (alongside Berra, or anyone else, come to that), leaves us with too inexperienced a defence. Just my opinion.

at what point do you give youngsters a chance ?

mid table obscurity seems perfect imo
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 1434 viewsJimmy86

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:04 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

£250k max IMO. I think if this is true they are just testing the water with a low bid to see if we'll sell easily. Perhaps they need CB.

They have Danny Batth and Stearman as their centre halves that I know of and so There's no guarantee he would get first team football. I would be gutted if Chambo did leave. He's our captain and leader and I think the bashing he gets is not called for. He is a CB, he has said so on many an occasion. He has played his best football at CB, alongside Smith to keep us up and then alongside Berra in play off season when Parr did play. He has never objected to playing out of position and has always done a job for the team. Mick, himself knows Chambo is a CB and not a RB, but has continually played him there. Chambo is not a great full back, but should he be expected to be?? Mick is doing the same to Sears that he's done to Chambo and has more or less ruined him as well
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 1409 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:33 - Jan 1 by taximan

at what point do you give youngsters a chance ?

mid table obscurity seems perfect imo

it's not black and white. Not throwing three youngsters into a back four isn't the same as not giving youth a chance.

I'm all for introducing young players, but there has to be a balance. Three players under 21 with so few games under their belt (less than 50 between them) would result in a back four which is not experienced enough for the Championship.

Perhaps we need to integrate Kenlock and Webster this season, let them get 80-100 games under their belts together - then introduce Emmanuel next season. Fwiw, Kenlock has impressed me much more than Emmanuel so far.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 20:48]

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:50 - Jan 1 with 1393 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:47 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

it's not black and white. Not throwing three youngsters into a back four isn't the same as not giving youth a chance.

I'm all for introducing young players, but there has to be a balance. Three players under 21 with so few games under their belt (less than 50 between them) would result in a back four which is not experienced enough for the Championship.

Perhaps we need to integrate Kenlock and Webster this season, let them get 80-100 games under their belts together - then introduce Emmanuel next season. Fwiw, Kenlock has impressed me much more than Emmanuel so far.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 20:48]

is there really any need for the tone of your opening line ?

very mullety and artbeardy in your manner of talking down to another poster
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 1388 viewsMullet

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:50 - Jan 1 by taximan

Man up

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 1386 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 20:50 - Jan 1 by taximan

I agree. I edited it after posting - but before you read it, obviously.

Login to get fewer ads

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:31 - Jan 1 with 1235 viewstextbackup

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 18:12 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

I can day hand in heart this is absolutely 100% true. Spoken by the player himself to my friend after the Bristol (away) game.

For a good season or so he has felt has had things like this in his head (as spoken from his mouth) he knows he isn't a RB, he knows his preformances haven't been up to much, but he has done as asked by his manager. In this case you can't blame the player but 100% falls at lap of manager. Chambers is loyal as a dog and he will do as told.

However the gushing of love for him is rather over the top, if mick can sell the only player that has made his time here look ok (Murphy) then he can he would sell chambers

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 1216 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:31 - Jan 1 by textbackup

For a good season or so he has felt has had things like this in his head (as spoken from his mouth) he knows he isn't a RB, he knows his preformances haven't been up to much, but he has done as asked by his manager. In this case you can't blame the player but 100% falls at lap of manager. Chambers is loyal as a dog and he will do as told.

However the gushing of love for him is rather over the top, if mick can sell the only player that has made his time here look ok (Murphy) then he can he would sell chambers

Not sure I've seen any "gushing of love" for Chambers - just a call for a bit of respect for a player who has been central to our team spirit over the past 2-3 years and how has never done anything but given 100% whenever he has tuned out for us.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:35 - Jan 1 with 1195 viewstaximan

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:31 - Jan 1 by textbackup

i've never met him so cannot comment on what type of bloke he is

but with him as right back, we will not progress as a team imo

how mm sorts this situation is up to him obviously, but moving him on is an option
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:39 - Jan 1 with 1168 viewstextbackup

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:34 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

Not sure I've seen any "gushing of love" for Chambers - just a call for a bit of respect for a player who has been central to our team spirit over the past 2-3 years and how has never done anything but given 100% whenever he has tuned out for us.

You not on Twitter? It's fist pump after fist pump. Not saying he hasn't given his all, but if there was a few quid there we'd do well to cash in. Players wouldn't hang about if the money wasn't there, so not sure why fans cling on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:52 - Jan 1 with 1115 viewsGarv

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 17:58 - Jan 1 by ArnieM

Well I've heard Chambers was very down after the Bristol away game. The boo.boys have defiantly got to him personally. He said to a friend of mine that he had had enough of playing he felt that down.

Perhaps the boo boys will now be patting themselves on.the back and congratulate themselves on a. " job well done"?

Here's another thought for the boo boys to consider. The toxic atmosphere they create and the mindless targeting of specific players who wear the Town shirt and give the best that they have got, is feeding into the poor displays both individually and collectively. These players ARE human ffs........and furthermore, have the boo boys ever stopped to consider that footballers DO talk to one another and their attacks on players may actually make it harder for Town to bring new blood in! Why should a player stay at ITFC or move to this Club when the "fans" are a bunch of mindless shyte?

SUPPORT the team or stay away. but please don't target players. It ALWAYS works against us.

I'd argue Luke Chambers is not the type of FOOTBALLER to crumble after a few boos. I emphasise the word footballer because they all know the nature of the game.

Besides, the criticism is valid, and he probably knows as much. More his manager's fault than his which is why I feel for him slightly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:58 - Jan 1 with 1098 viewsSuperfrans

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:39 - Jan 1 by textbackup

You not on Twitter? It's fist pump after fist pump. Not saying he hasn't given his all, but if there was a few quid there we'd do well to cash in. Players wouldn't hang about if the money wasn't there, so not sure why fans cling on

There are no players you've idolised? Surely, that's the whole point of football fandom? It would be a strange kind of person who idolised a player and then shrugged it off if/when they left, without any emotion or disappointment.

I mean I haven't seen anyone gushing in defence of Chambers over recent performances. Even his biggest fans would accept RB isn't his best position and that he hasn't been at his best in these past couple of months particularly. Even he acknowledges it's not his favoured position.

What's been more OTT, imho, is the slating of him as if he's either the worst player in our squad or the worst RB in the division. He's patently neither.

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 22:18 - Jan 1 with 1040 viewsbenniblue

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 21:58 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

There are no players you've idolised? Surely, that's the whole point of football fandom? It would be a strange kind of person who idolised a player and then shrugged it off if/when they left, without any emotion or disappointment.

I mean I haven't seen anyone gushing in defence of Chambers over recent performances. Even his biggest fans would accept RB isn't his best position and that he hasn't been at his best in these past couple of months particularly. Even he acknowledges it's not his favoured position.

What's been more OTT, imho, is the slating of him as if he's either the worst player in our squad or the worst RB in the division. He's patently neither.

We should have purchased a right back 3 years ago.Square pegs in round holes comes to mind.
Any manager of an opposing team knows LC is our week link and to attack him with pace.Lua lua proved that as early as last season for Brighton at PR.He cannot afford to give players space to run at him .
Emmanual your time has come.God is with you.
Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 22:48 - Jan 1 with 951 viewsJimmy86

Take it this Chambers thing isn't serious on 22:18 - Jan 1 by benniblue

We should have purchased a right back 3 years ago.Square pegs in round holes comes to mind.
Any manager of an opposing team knows LC is our week link and to attack him with pace.Lua lua proved that as early as last season for Brighton at PR.He cannot afford to give players space to run at him .
Emmanual your time has come.God is with you.

Emmanuel was at RB against Brighton at home last season and had a torrid time against Lua-Lua. Saying that, when on form Lua-Lua is pretty decent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024