Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? 12:44 - Jan 5 with 1392 viewsIllinoisblue

regardless of the bloke's reputation/behaviour, since when did British police just gun down people? Is this a new normal?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/04/family-man-shot-dead-police-join-mp-a

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:48 - Jan 5 with 1364 viewsfactual_blue

Let's wait for the facts, shall we?

There was supposedly a firearm in the car. If he made a move for it, the police are going to shoot.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 1347 viewsKeno

anyone think they were american and the guy was ...... oh .........

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 1348 viewsGeoffSentence

It's a concern isn't it. It has been reported that they 'found a firearm in the car', the wording of which suggests he wasn't brandishing it at the time.

As with everything though, I would say that time will tell what happened, so long as the IPCC investigation is thorough and transparent we should hopefully find out if there was a reason for shots being fired, maybe the officer thought the victim was reaching for a weapon, or if the officer was at fault.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:52 - Jan 5 with 1306 viewsLord_Lucan

You've been away too long.

Love the green afro

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Depends if he was armed I guess. (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 5 with 1297 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:55 - Jan 5 with 1271 viewsdirtyboy

Possible lawful killing, murder or manslaughter NOT assassination.

Let's remember the police have only killed around 20 people in the last 10 years, they're hardly trigger happy.
are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:55 - Jan 5 with 1259 viewsFtnfwest

if you disregard his behaviour and the belief that he was armed based on the best information they had and history of previously being armed and dangerous, no
are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 13:15 - Jan 5 with 1149 viewsThe_Last_Baron

How in any way was this an assassination?

The dead man was not a significant political or religious figure.

Seems he was a drug dealer.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 13:26 - Jan 5 with 1080 viewshype313

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:48 - Jan 5 by factual_blue

Let's wait for the facts, shall we?

There was supposedly a firearm in the car. If he made a move for it, the police are going to shoot.

"Let's wait for the facts, shall we?

"There was supposedly a firearm in the car"

Erm, didn't you just say lets wait for the facts?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 13:31 - Jan 5 with 1054 viewsThe_Tomonator

the rules of engagement are really quite simple and break down into 3 rules. all of which are open to personal feeling at the time. One of which something along the lines of if you feel that life is in imminent danger. (a current serving person will correct me) The overiding rule is use of firearms is a last resort.

As the post below says, lets wait for the facts. Personally, you dont have a gun in the car for nipping to the shops.
are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 14:10 - Jan 5 with 927 viewsfactual_blue

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 13:26 - Jan 5 by hype313

"Let's wait for the facts, shall we?

"There was supposedly a firearm in the car"

Erm, didn't you just say lets wait for the facts?

Hence the use of the word 'supposedly'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 14:22 - Jan 5 with 889 viewsIllinoisblue

are UK police now allowed to assassinate people? on 12:49 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

It's a concern isn't it. It has been reported that they 'found a firearm in the car', the wording of which suggests he wasn't brandishing it at the time.

As with everything though, I would say that time will tell what happened, so long as the IPCC investigation is thorough and transparent we should hopefully find out if there was a reason for shots being fired, maybe the officer thought the victim was reaching for a weapon, or if the officer was at fault.

yes, that was the phrase that stood out. Oh, we discovered a gun under his seat is very different to him pointing a gun out his car window. Seems odd that the police haven't given more detail. A "pre-planned" operation makes it sound worse than it potentially was.

Long story short: UK, don't become like the US regarding guns.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024