Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson 09:11 - Jan 28 with 3351 viewsshamboy

It seems such an unprofessional thing to do and it must have annoyed the player and his club. Why did we do it? Over to you Phil. Explanation, please...
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:12 - Jan 28 with 3311 viewscruncher

I was told he wasn't a regular stater for them.
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:14 - Jan 28 with 3301 viewsshamboy

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:12 - Jan 28 by cruncher

I was told he wasn't a regular stater for them.

He's been an automatic pick when fit, but out for 6 weeks with hamstring problems..
Who mouthed off about it as it has caused considerable problems for us?
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:38 - Jan 28 with 3172 viewsArnieM

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:14 - Jan 28 by shamboy

He's been an automatic pick when fit, but out for 6 weeks with hamstring problems..
Who mouthed off about it as it has caused considerable problems for us?

What problems has it caused for us?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 3167 viewsSitfcB

We didn't?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 3156 viewsGuthrum

Where did the club publicise that?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:47 - Jan 28 with 3117 viewsPhilTWTD

They didn't. Wasn't leaked and Mick flat-batted questions on it. Think it's all academic now we've signed Rowe.
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:50 - Jan 28 with 3067 viewscruncher

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:39 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Where did the club publicise that?

Here do keep up. http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31026/colchester-turn-down-town-bid-for-
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 2980 viewsshamboy

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:47 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

They didn't. Wasn't leaked and Mick flat-batted questions on it. Think it's all academic now we've signed Rowe.

So, do you know where the story came from?
Login to get fewer ads

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:04 - Jan 28 with 2977 viewsGuthrum

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:50 - Jan 28 by cruncher

Here do keep up. http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31026/colchester-turn-down-town-bid-for-

That's not the club publicising it, that's Phil reporting on something he's heard, same as any of the rest of the (perfectly legitimate) journalistic coverage of rumours and rumblings which happens during a transfer window.

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:06 - Jan 28 with 2943 viewsSomethingBlue

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 09:50 - Jan 28 by cruncher

Being as blissfully stupid as you must save so much hassle.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:06 - Jan 28 with 2939 viewsSitfcB

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:03 - Jan 28 by shamboy

Of course he does but he's not going to say is he!!

COYB

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:09 - Jan 28 with 2929 viewsshamboy

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:06 - Jan 28 by SitfcB

Of course he does but he's not going to say is he!!

I know who within the club the story originated from, and who told him. I want to know how the press got it, if that's OK with you.
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:17 - Jan 28 with 2835 viewsGuthrum

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:09 - Jan 28 by shamboy

I know who within the club the story originated from, and who told him. I want to know how the press got it, if that's OK with you.

Ah, a mole hunt. That's a bit different.

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 2832 viewsPhilTWTD

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:03 - Jan 28 by shamboy

I'm not going to say where any story came from and probably not sensible for people to speculate publicly where one might have come from.
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:30 - Jan 28 with 2719 viewsfactual_blue

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:09 - Jan 28 by shamboy

Why?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:32 - Jan 28 with 2708 viewsSitfcB

Weird.

You just said you know who it was already.....

COYB

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:49 - Jan 28 with 2655 viewsshamboy

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:30 - Jan 28 by factual_blue

Why?

Because it has caused significant problems and a degree if investigation. Indiscretion is rarely helpful.
Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:53 - Jan 28 with 2588 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:49 - Jan 28 by shamboy

Because it has caused significant problems and a degree if investigation. Indiscretion is rarely helpful.

What are these 'significant problems' you speak of?

The only drama here is coming from you on this thread

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:54 - Jan 28 with 2586 viewsKeno

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:49 - Jan 28 by shamboy

do you have the right outfit to investigate this?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:54 - Jan 28 with 2588 viewsGuthrum

Well why didn't you say that to start off with, rather than suggesting the club had done it deliberately and saying it 'must have' annoyed the player and club? And why not approach Phil directly, through official channels?

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 11:00 - Jan 28 with 2547 viewsfactual_blue

Are you professionally interested in this, or just personally curious?

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 11:17 - Jan 28 with 2501 viewsfactual_blue

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 10:54 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Well why didn't you say that to start off with, rather than suggesting the club had done it deliberately and saying it 'must have' annoyed the player and club? And why not approach Phil directly, through official channels?

This is my reasoning too. If the poster has a professional interest, then he should have approached Phil in a more professional and discreet manner. If his interest is merely prurient then that's a different matter. Whichever, Phil ain't going to tell him.

Why did ITFC publicise our interst in Brennan Dickenson on 12:35 - Jan 28 with 2331 viewsconnorscontract

So shamboy is a Colchester player who blabbed in a taxi after a night out clubbing, and wants to know if it was the taxi driver or the lovely young woman he'd picked up in a night club who sold the story to Phil for £3.50.

Dickenson came into training fuming that a bid had come in from a proper club and he'd not even been told about it. John McGreal was livid and wanted to know who had blabbed. He pointed the finger at shamboy who had been in his office when the call came in from Mick. Shamboy cried, and owned up to his post-nightclub taxi indiscretion.

As punishment shamboy had to stand at the half way line in training pulling a moonie while the whole squad booted balls at his bare ass. It was cold, they stung. He's not happy...

So Phil, was it the cabbie or the girl, hmmm?

We all know it was taxidriver, but let's string him along, eh?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 12:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024