Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a shame 18:34 - Feb 8 with 6750 viewspickles110564

Votes going against the remoaners
Such a shame on 09:03 - Feb 9 with 1923 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 08:23 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

We've done this like dozens of times before.. Both sides made it clear that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

It's groundhog day on here and unfortunately continually asking the same questions and raising the same points that have been answered before is the very reason that the op is calling some remainders names.

But you have to member Glasgow, people who voted Leave are very very stupid and dont have degrees and stuff. Cotty proved it yesterday with an infographic. So the noble clever Remain voters need to explain to the Leave voters how they didnt ACTUALLY vote to leave the EU and were mistaken.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Such a shame on 09:04 - Feb 9 with 1918 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 09:01 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently he had a wobble during the leadership challenge in the summer and he has lost quite a bit of support among the young left wing members who are pro EU.

If the left can put up an alternative then I think he's finished. Especially if John NcDonnell leans on him.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 9:39]

It's all set for my man T Blair to return brother. Get a nice cosy seat somewhere.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Such a shame on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 1917 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 09:00 - Feb 9 by vapour_trail

Indeed. His demise has been regularly signposted since the day he started in post. He'll tough this one out as well I'm sure.

I think he will even stay in post after they lose the next election!

Such a shame on 09:08 - Feb 9 with 1897 viewsNo9

You are a very good advert for demonstrating how the English education sytem has failed
Such a shame on 09:09 - Feb 9 with 1899 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 09:08 - Feb 9 by No9

You are a very good advert for demonstrating how the English education sytem has failed

That's what 30 years of egalitarianism in education gets you!

Such a shame on 09:42 - Feb 9 with 1865 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 09:03 - Feb 9 by chicoazul

But you have to member Glasgow, people who voted Leave are very very stupid and dont have degrees and stuff. Cotty proved it yesterday with an infographic. So the noble clever Remain voters need to explain to the Leave voters how they didnt ACTUALLY vote to leave the EU and were mistaken.

Considering that those of us who voted to leave are the thick ones you would be quite surprised that those who voted remain didn't actually bother listening to what was being sad from both camps during the referendum.

Perhaps they were so certain that their view was pure, noble and intellectually sound that they didn't think they needed to?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Such a shame on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 1842 viewsRyorry

Such a shame on 08:14 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

You like sweeping generalisations don't you R? You are very Corbynesque. Lots of name calling but never offering a solution.

If I were paid what Corbyn or May (or any MP come to that) get paid, I'd have spent hours/days/weeks months with my nose to the grindstone, and would have worked out a brilliant solution, plus a backup alternative. Can't think why they don't consult me right now.

As for "sweeping generalisations", a few on here have accused me of being too pernickity in refusing to use or accept them, so guess I must be doing something right.

As it is, I am free to give my *personal opinion* on here. Whereas you are just totally entrenched in the same old party-political bias and personal attacks that you've been engaged in year in, year out, boring everyone rigid in the process.

PS Nice try at diversionary tactics; apparently I'm not allowed to agree with someone challenging you/your party, but you're allowed to completely evade the point I raised about the Tories' motives for calling for the Referendum in the first place.

"Have a nice day"
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 15:07]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Such a shame on 15:08 - Feb 9 with 1802 viewsJ2BLUE

Such a shame on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Ryorry

If I were paid what Corbyn or May (or any MP come to that) get paid, I'd have spent hours/days/weeks months with my nose to the grindstone, and would have worked out a brilliant solution, plus a backup alternative. Can't think why they don't consult me right now.

As for "sweeping generalisations", a few on here have accused me of being too pernickity in refusing to use or accept them, so guess I must be doing something right.

As it is, I am free to give my *personal opinion* on here. Whereas you are just totally entrenched in the same old party-political bias and personal attacks that you've been engaged in year in, year out, boring everyone rigid in the process.

PS Nice try at diversionary tactics; apparently I'm not allowed to agree with someone challenging you/your party, but you're allowed to completely evade the point I raised about the Tories' motives for calling for the Referendum in the first place.

"Have a nice day"
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 15:07]

Let me know if they do consult you so I can move to New Zealand.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Such a shame on 15:27 - Feb 9 with 1782 viewsRyorry

Such a shame on 15:08 - Feb 9 by J2BLUE

Let me know if they do consult you so I can move to New Zealand.

Please let me know where I can make an early contribution towards your 1-way plane ticket

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Such a shame on 16:53 - Feb 9 with 1742 viewsJ2BLUE

Such a shame on 15:27 - Feb 9 by Ryorry

Please let me know where I can make an early contribution towards your 1-way plane ticket

Ha touché

Truly impaired.

Such a shame on 17:12 - Feb 9 with 1728 viewsGunnsAirkick

Such a shame on 09:01 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently he had a wobble during the leadership challenge in the summer and he has lost quite a bit of support among the young left wing members who are pro EU.

If the left can put up an alternative then I think he's finished. Especially if John NcDonnell leans on him.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 9:39]

There is some truth in that I think. A friend who is Secretary for my local Labour Group said we have lost quite a few members recently. This is in Norwich in a Ward which voted quite heavily to Remain. It could be a combination of that, people who signed up on the cheap losing interest and people generally p*ssed off with his incompetence.

As people have said above, Clive Lewis is being touted. I'm not sure he has the experience but let's face it, he can't be any worse and is willing to work with all sides of the Party.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 17:16]
Such a shame on 19:35 - Feb 9 with 1692 viewsSwn98

Such a shame on 09:00 - Feb 9 by vapour_trail

Indeed. His demise has been regularly signposted since the day he started in post. He'll tough this one out as well I'm sure.

Members perhaps but not the general voting public most members are left wing activists dragged the party back to the sad Tribune days unelectable under Corby.
Such a shame on 20:16 - Feb 9 with 1659 viewsvapour_trail

Such a shame on 19:35 - Feb 9 by Swn98

Members perhaps but not the general voting public most members are left wing activists dragged the party back to the sad Tribune days unelectable under Corby.

Oh don't get me wrong, he won't win an election, but I can see him sticking around for some time yet.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Such a shame on 20:20 - Feb 9 with 1643 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 20:16 - Feb 9 by vapour_trail

Oh don't get me wrong, he won't win an election, but I can see him sticking around for some time yet.

One by one his cheerleaders are dropping him. First it was Danny Blanchflower. Then Paul Mason. Now Owen Jones.

John McDonnell is starting to push his favourite into the spotlight.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 00:29 - Feb 10 with 1618 viewsfeelingblue

Such a shame on 08:17 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

That's the spirit.

And what sort of answer is that?
Such a shame on 00:48 - Feb 10 with 1606 viewsGunnsAirkick

Such a shame on 20:20 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

One by one his cheerleaders are dropping him. First it was Danny Blanchflower. Then Paul Mason. Now Owen Jones.

John McDonnell is starting to push his favourite into the spotlight.

She had her a**e handed to her by Andrew Neil not long back.

There are some strong women in the Labour Party who I'd welcome as leader, she isn't one of them though sadly. Stella Creasey did a brilliant job tackling IDS the other day, I like her. I guess she's too 'Blairite' for the new wave of members though.
Such a shame on 08:36 - Feb 10 with 1546 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 00:48 - Feb 10 by GunnsAirkick

There are some strong women in the Labour Party who I'd welcome as leader, she isn't one of them though sadly. Stella Creasey did a brilliant job tackling IDS the other day, I like her. I guess she's too 'Blairite' for the new wave of members though.

She's the heir apparent now that Clive Lewis and Lisa Nandy have burned their bridges.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/jeremy-corbyns-new-shadow-cabinet-favourite

Looks like McDonnell is playing the part of Kingmaker rather than going for the prize himself. Which surprises me considering the charm offensive he has be putting a great deal of effort into over the past 12 months.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 11:22 - Feb 10 with 1494 viewsNo9

Such a shame on 08:36 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

She's the heir apparent now that Clive Lewis and Lisa Nandy have burned their bridges.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/jeremy-corbyns-new-shadow-cabinet-favourite

Looks like McDonnell is playing the part of Kingmaker rather than going for the prize himself. Which surprises me considering the charm offensive he has be putting a great deal of effort into over the past 12 months.

You do, of course spend a lot of time diverting attention away from the reality

Time would be better spent trying to work out where our unelected government / leader are taking us and whether it is imagination that our moral standards are now in the gutter.

We should not worry so much about the state of the British Labour party as we should the state of the British Conservative party which is currently performing in some very distubring ways.

Exports boosted by weapons sales into war torn areas in nothing to be proud about.

& please do tell us what Dr Fox is up to in N.Carolina?
Such a shame on 11:25 - Feb 10 with 1493 viewsJ2BLUE

Such a shame on 00:48 - Feb 10 by GunnsAirkick

Anyone but Angela Eagle. No one would take her seriously with that whiny voice.

Truly impaired.

Such a shame on 11:28 - Feb 10 with 1489 viewsCotty

Such a shame on 11:25 - Feb 10 by J2BLUE

Anyone but Angela Eagle. No one would take her seriously with that whiny voice.

*sigh*

It's a shame that ideas and policy aren't the most important, nay the ONLY important things in our politicians, isn't it?

Also, that's something that would never be said of any male politician, also a great shame.
Such a shame on 11:36 - Feb 10 with 1466 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 11:22 - Feb 10 by No9

You do, of course spend a lot of time diverting attention away from the reality

Time would be better spent trying to work out where our unelected government / leader are taking us and whether it is imagination that our moral standards are now in the gutter.

We should not worry so much about the state of the British Labour party as we should the state of the British Conservative party which is currently performing in some very distubring ways.

Exports boosted by weapons sales into war torn areas in nothing to be proud about.

& please do tell us what Dr Fox is up to in N.Carolina?

It want me who brought the subject up freddo.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 11:48 - Feb 10 with 1449 viewsvapour_trail

Such a shame on 11:28 - Feb 10 by Cotty

*sigh*

It's a shame that ideas and policy aren't the most important, nay the ONLY important things in our politicians, isn't it?

Also, that's something that would never be said of any male politician, also a great shame.

Your last point is incorrect. Plenty of male politicians have had the piss ripped out of them for they way they talk, look etc.

John major for starters.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Such a shame on 12:06 - Feb 10 with 1431 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 11:48 - Feb 10 by vapour_trail

Your last point is incorrect. Plenty of male politicians have had the piss ripped out of them for they way they talk, look etc.

John major for starters.

And Ed Miliband. Billy Hague.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 12:15 - Feb 10 with 1422 viewsThePitBoss

John major for starters.

I raise you Ed Milibacon.
Such a shame on 12:17 - Feb 10 with 1419 viewsCotty

John major for starters.

Not that specific insult, but I take your point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024