Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a shame 18:34 - Feb 8 with 6759 viewspickles110564

Votes going against the remoaners
Such a shame on 22:46 - Feb 8 with 1337 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 21:56 - Feb 8 by connorscontract

Ok, let's all get on and build a fairer, kinder, better Britain. Your lot can start by not outsourcing massive public sector contracts to companies that Cabinet ministers' families have a financial interest in.

And then they can release proceeds of Council House sales and allow Councils to build houses again to help the housing crisis.

And then they can actually do something about the complete breakdown of mental health services in many parts of the country.

And I'll back them all the way with all 3 policies.

We don't live in a one party state. Vote 'em out. Vote for an alternative.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Such a shame on 22:48 - Feb 8 with 1332 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 20:11 - Feb 8 by GunnsAirkick

Some pretty sensible amendments being thrown out, the EU Nationals one being pretty shameful I have to say.

My local MP Clive Lewis has just resigned, I think Corbyn is toast after this.

An amendment free bill makes it harder for the Lords to vote against.

As for Corbyn? He'll be gone by April fools day. Sadly.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 22:58 - Feb 8 with 1311 viewsconnorscontract

Such a shame on 22:46 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted us all to work together now for a better Britain. I was just offering some helpful pointers for ways forward.

But, yes, I intend to. But I expect it to be in vain.

You know the G4S and Serco situation absolutely sucks and that no previous Tory administration would have tolerated it. Taking the p!ss out of the well-meaning NUT Rep Geography teacher who somehow became Leader of the Opposition might give you kicks, but deep down, you're dying inside, right? Cameron turned your party LEADERSHIP into a load of opportunist spivs.

Much as I have a distaste for Thatcher I don't believe for one moment that she was ever motivated by personal gain, and no minister would have got within a million miles of stitching up contracts and steering policy in a direction that smacks of conflict of interest.

It's SO grubby. You Tories need a wash.

And yet Corbyn can't land a single punch... *SIGH*
Such a shame on 23:03 - Feb 8 with 1299 viewsVic

Such a shame on 19:01 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

The young mainly wanted to stay in Europe.

I think that's his point!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Such a shame on 23:14 - Feb 8 with 1283 viewsRyorry

Such a shame on 22:58 - Feb 8 by connorscontract

Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted us all to work together now for a better Britain. I was just offering some helpful pointers for ways forward.

You know the G4S and Serco situation absolutely sucks and that no previous Tory administration would have tolerated it. Taking the p!ss out of the well-meaning NUT Rep Geography teacher who somehow became Leader of the Opposition might give you kicks, but deep down, you're dying inside, right? Cameron turned your party LEADERSHIP into a load of opportunist spivs.

Much as I have a distaste for Thatcher I don't believe for one moment that she was ever motivated by personal gain, and no minister would have got within a million miles of stitching up contracts and steering policy in a direction that smacks of conflict of interest.

Well bloody said.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Such a shame on 23:21 - Feb 8 with 1269 viewsRyorry

Such a shame on 20:01 - Feb 8 by LankHenners

There was a poll at the time that suggested younger people didn't turn up in much numbers to vote, but I'm pretty sure that was later rubbished.

Correction to my earlier post I guess! but the best answer seems to be that there aren't any fully, verifiably accurate polls -

https://fullfact.org/europe/young-voters-and-eu-referendum/

Such a shame on 23:29 - Feb 8 with 1266 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Such a shame on 20:11 - Feb 8 by GunnsAirkick

Some pretty sensible amendments being thrown out, the EU Nationals one being pretty shameful I have to say.

My local MP Clive Lewis has just resigned, I think Corbyn is toast after this.

Just looked and he's 5/1 favourite to be next labour leader.....well worth a punt !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Such a shame on 23:54 - Feb 8 with 1247 viewsfeelingblue

Such a shame on 19:24 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Can we not move on from this? We all have to get on to make the country work post Brexit.

I don't think that we will.
This was the most divisive (and idiotic, in its inception and motivation) vote of my lifetime. It will haunt us for at least a generation, probably more.
It was not like a general election, a change for 5 years.
Leaving aside the economic argument, and no-one has ever come up with a realistic economic argument for leaving, even the comparatively balanced David Davies, it was a choice of cultural and political values which will not go away.
The whole issue never rated above 9 in voter concerns, and had it not been for the press and internal Tory politics, there would never have been a referendum.
The bitterness will not go away.
Login to get fewer ads

Such a shame on 23:59 - Feb 8 with 1239 viewsRyorry

Such a shame on 23:54 - Feb 8 by feelingblue

This was the most divisive (and idiotic, in its inception and motivation) vote of my lifetime. It will haunt us for at least a generation, probably more.
Leaving aside the economic argument, and no-one has ever come up with a realistic economic argument for leaving, even the comparatively balanced David Davies, it was a choice of cultural and political values which will not go away.
The whole issue never rated above 9 in voter concerns, and had it not been for the press and internal Tory politics, there would never have been a referendum.

In other words, the feckin Tories screwed us and the UK over just to get themselves out of their own sh!t.

Guess I'm not gonna be flavour of Glassers' month now ;)

Such a shame on 00:21 - Feb 9 with 1212 viewsconnorscontract

Absolutely.

Questions for Glasgow:

1) Was the Referendum a vote about leaving the European Union or the EEA?

I believe it asked me whether I wanted Britain to remain in or leave the EU, the political union, and asked nothing about the Economic Area. As such it gives a (pitifully, divisively narrow) mandate to leave the EU, but no mandate to leave the EEA. As such Parliament should be sovereign in deciding whether or not we leave the EEA, or it should go to another Referendum. May's "Brexit means Brexit" and determination to push a Full, Hard Brexit out of both the EU and the EEA is not compatible with our Parliamentary democracy.

2) Does May have a mandate to pull us out of the EEA without a full and proper Parliamentary process?
Such a shame on 07:39 - Feb 9 with 1138 viewsBlueBadger

Such a shame on 22:46 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Could you not get behind your country?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Such a shame on 07:48 - Feb 9 with 1134 viewsSwn98

Don't know why every body gets worked up the Greek domino is about to fall which will precipitate the fall of the European union.
Such a shame on 08:03 - Feb 9 with 1120 viewsfeelingblue

Such a shame on 07:48 - Feb 9 by Swn98

Don't know why every body gets worked up the Greek domino is about to fall which will precipitate the fall of the European union.

Yes, that would be great wouldn't it?

To have most of our major export markets thrown into turmoil - just what we need.
Such a shame on 08:13 - Feb 9 with 1097 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 22:58 - Feb 8 by connorscontract

Again you are going off piste. This was a discussion abou point scoring over the results of the referendum, I simply stated that instead of name calling, that remainders and brexiters worked together for our future outside of the EU.

You seem to want to make this a party political debate.

I will add that you often make some reasonable points but let yourself down with ridiculous comments such as "YOU Tories need a wash"

I don't need a lecture from you thanks.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 08:14 - Feb 9 with 1096 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 23:14 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

Well bloody said.

You like sweeping generalisations don't you R? You are very Corbynesque. Lots of name calling but never offering a solution.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 08:17 - Feb 9 with 1089 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's the spirit.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 08:23 - Feb 9 with 1074 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 00:21 - Feb 9 by connorscontract

Absolutely.

Questions for Glasgow:

1) Was the Referendum a vote about leaving the European Union or the EEA?

I believe it asked me whether I wanted Britain to remain in or leave the EU, the political union, and asked nothing about the Economic Area. As such it gives a (pitifully, divisively narrow) mandate to leave the EU, but no mandate to leave the EEA. As such Parliament should be sovereign in deciding whether or not we leave the EEA, or it should go to another Referendum. May's "Brexit means Brexit" and determination to push a Full, Hard Brexit out of both the EU and the EEA is not compatible with our Parliamentary democracy.

2) Does May have a mandate to pull us out of the EEA without a full and proper Parliamentary process?

We've done this like dozens of times before.. Both sides made it clear that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

It's groundhog day on here and unfortunately continually asking the same questions and raising the same points that have been answered before is the very reason that the op is calling some remainders names.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 08:26 - Feb 9 with 1064 viewsBenters

Such a shame on 19:24 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Can we not move on from this? We all have to get on to make the country work post Brexit.

Thats the ticket ,sadly the inners want to see the country fail now just to prove they were right !

Rule Britannia !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Such a shame on 08:26 - Feb 9 with 1064 viewsvapour_trail

Such a shame on 08:23 - Feb 9 by GlasgowBlue

We've done this like dozens of times before.. Both sides made it clear that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

It's groundhog day on here and unfortunately continually asking the same questions and raising the same points that have been answered before is the very reason that the op is calling some remainders names.

Don't go justifying the op.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Such a shame on 08:33 - Feb 9 with 1056 viewsgordon

Such a shame on 08:26 - Feb 9 by Benters

Thats the ticket ,sadly the inners want to see the country fail now just to prove they were right !

Rule Britannia !

It would appear that some of the 'outers' what the whole of Europe to fail, just to prove that they were right. Which would then result in Britain failing, anyway.
Such a shame on 08:55 - Feb 9 with 1023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 23:59 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

In other words, the feckin Tories screwed us and the UK over just to get themselves out of their own sh!t.

Ryory. As your political contributions are straight out of the Ladybird guide to politics for ages 3-5 there isn't anything you can say that would make me fall out with you.

I simply sigh, think bless, then move on.

Iron Lion Zion

Such a shame on 08:57 - Feb 9 with 1021 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 22:48 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

An amendment free bill makes it harder for the Lords to vote against.

As for Corbyn? He'll be gone by April fools day. Sadly.

Do you think so? I really cant see it. He has enormous support from Labour members.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Such a shame on 09:00 - Feb 9 with 1007 viewsvapour_trail

Such a shame on 08:57 - Feb 9 by chicoazul

Do you think so? I really cant see it. He has enormous support from Labour members.

Indeed. His demise has been regularly signposted since the day he started in post. He'll tough this one out as well I'm sure.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Such a shame on 09:00 - Feb 9 with 996 viewschicoazul

Such a shame on 23:59 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

You have to remember, Cameron did NOT expect to win in 2015. He made the referendum pledge as a sop to his party and party supporters on the proviso that he expected to be in coalition with Clegg again and could then say to the country Well Nick wont let me do it etc.
He must have crapped himself when he saw he had won ahhaha.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Such a shame on 09:01 - Feb 9 with 986 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a shame on 08:57 - Feb 9 by chicoazul

Apparently he had a wobble during the leadership challenge in the summer and he has lost quite a bit of support among the young left wing members who are pro EU.

If the left can put up an alternative then I think he's finished. Especially if John NcDonnell leans on him.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2017 9:39]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024