Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hated Ipswich footballers 15:14 - Feb 13 with 6745 viewsBent_double

Seen it mentioned in another thread about certain players being 'hated' by some of their own fans.

Could be tongue-in-cheek I suppose, but got me wondering - initially I thought why would anyone hate any player who pulls on the shirt and does their best for Ipswich?

Then Chopra came to mind, who probably deserves the hate he got considering how the club tried to help him, and how he mocked us. Personally, Bowyer was one player I really didn't like the idea of - but only because of the drugs and racism in his past.

Anyone else got any others?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 12:32 - Feb 14 with 858 viewsLankHenners

Hated Ipswich footballers on 09:46 - Feb 14 by Kieran_Knows

JET's best get in a Town shirt would you say?

Think I missed the first goal (Chopra scored within the first 2 minutes or so if I recall correctly).

JET assist for that as well. Lovely little slide ball into Chopra who buried it into the far corner.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 12:35 - Feb 14 with 848 viewsitfcjoe

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:28 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

To be fair I think Fish came here hoping he was going to be good enough, at least he got to witness Sam Parkin's debut goal.

he was probably on an IV drip by that point at the local hospital he was so unfit!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 788 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 12:35 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

he was probably on an IV drip by that point at the local hospital he was so unfit!

I wasn't at the game to be fair. It's a shame because I always rated him throughout his career.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:07 - Feb 14 with 771 viewsnodge_blue

Hated Ipswich footballers on 01:05 - Feb 14 by IPS_wich

I don't think I've ever hated anyone when they've got a Town shirt on, but two players that I hated seeing their name on the team sheet (and I may get myself banned for this...)

- Darren Currie: Slowed us down every time he got the ball, ruining momentum and allowing the opposition to regroup. Thought he was far better than he was and was very selfish. Probably the only player I've given verbal abuse to.

- Here goes...Kuqi: An absolute lump and poor excuse for a footballer. I understand why people loved him, but I was a 100% Pablo fan and would feel my heart sink every time Kuqi was named on the team sheet (sorry!!)

So a player that scored 20 goals in a season, ran his heart out and was strong on the ball is top of your list?

Pablo could only dream of 20 goals in a season. (decent though he was).

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:12 - Feb 14 with 768 viewshype313

Hated Ipswich footballers on 01:05 - Feb 14 by IPS_wich

I don't think I've ever hated anyone when they've got a Town shirt on, but two players that I hated seeing their name on the team sheet (and I may get myself banned for this...)

- Darren Currie: Slowed us down every time he got the ball, ruining momentum and allowing the opposition to regroup. Thought he was far better than he was and was very selfish. Probably the only player I've given verbal abuse to.

- Here goes...Kuqi: An absolute lump and poor excuse for a footballer. I understand why people loved him, but I was a 100% Pablo fan and would feel my heart sink every time Kuqi was named on the team sheet (sorry!!)

You have Kuqi and Pablo the wrong way round.

Pablo had a few silky tricks but lets be honest, he was a poor excuse for a footballer, how he carved a career out of professional football is beyond me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:47 - Feb 14 with 749 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:12 - Feb 14 by hype313

Pablo had a few silky tricks but lets be honest, he was a poor excuse for a footballer, how he carved a career out of professional football is beyond me.

I think they were both good, if anything Pablo was the better footballer by a distance.

Kuqi was just what our side needed under Royle.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 729 viewsclive_baker

Hated Ipswich footballers on 16:12 - Feb 14 by hype313

Agree re. Kuqi, he was great for us and the definition of a cult hero. Worked his nuts off, put himself about, physical, good touch and knew where the net was. Not to mention a classic celebration, what more could you ask for?

Can't agree about Counago though, the bloke was class. I don't think he was fully utilised by us at times, nor did he realise his early potential. He was technically on a different level though, I would love us to have a 25 year old Pablo now. Came here off the back of a very high reputation having torn up the 1999 world youth cup for Spain, winning it and getting the golden boot. Then scoring 2 in their u21 win over England. Had Celta Vigo not been as good as they were during that period he might've gone on to establish himself in La Liga. I think he would've been better suited to that style.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:25 - Feb 14 with 712 viewsBlueastheycome

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:02 - Feb 14 by clive_baker

Agree re. Kuqi, he was great for us and the definition of a cult hero. Worked his nuts off, put himself about, physical, good touch and knew where the net was. Not to mention a classic celebration, what more could you ask for?

Can't agree about Counago though, the bloke was class. I don't think he was fully utilised by us at times, nor did he realise his early potential. He was technically on a different level though, I would love us to have a 25 year old Pablo now. Came here off the back of a very high reputation having torn up the 1999 world youth cup for Spain, winning it and getting the golden boot. Then scoring 2 in their u21 win over England. Had Celta Vigo not been as good as they were during that period he might've gone on to establish himself in La Liga. I think he would've been better suited to that style.

I adhored Kuqi when was playing for us in my early teens, he would have ran through walls whilst wearing the Suffolk Punch on his chest and there's even an interview floating about somewhere on YouTube recently uploaded by the club he is currently managing saying he would love to manage Ipswich one day.
Login to get fewer ads

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:37 - Feb 14 with 695 viewsLord_Lucan

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:25 - Feb 14 by Blueastheycome

I adhored Kuqi when was playing for us in my early teens, he would have ran through walls whilst wearing the Suffolk Punch on his chest and there's even an interview floating about somewhere on YouTube recently uploaded by the club he is currently managing saying he would love to manage Ipswich one day.

Yes, and when he was offered to us on loan he said he would walk from London to Ipswich to play for us again.

Top bloke

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024