Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hated Ipswich footballers 15:14 - Feb 13 with 6746 viewsBent_double

Seen it mentioned in another thread about certain players being 'hated' by some of their own fans.

Could be tongue-in-cheek I suppose, but got me wondering - initially I thought why would anyone hate any player who pulls on the shirt and does their best for Ipswich?

Then Chopra came to mind, who probably deserves the hate he got considering how the club tried to help him, and how he mocked us. Personally, Bowyer was one player I really didn't like the idea of - but only because of the drugs and racism in his past.

Anyone else got any others?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:06 - Feb 13 with 2209 viewsPendejo

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:25 - Feb 13 by IP12

He lived a very short distance from me in the delightful IP12 area. It may come as a bit of a surprise but I always found him a pleasure to talk to. Always polite and friendly he was the total opposite to the 'media image'. Having said that, I was always lucky enough to meet up with him in the day-time ('nuff said)......

Before 'spoons opened... I would guess

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:19 - Feb 13 with 2180 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:02 - Feb 13 by theblueginger

Fenidi George

This belongs in the 'Best Ipswich Footballers' thread.

Poll: Best Football Song

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 2163 viewsvapour_trail

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:24 - Feb 13 by ITFC_Forever

Exactly - it was because he wasn't any good.

With respect to your self and Lucan, he did have people behind him in the north shouting scum when the took goal kicks.

He was sh1t yes, but different generation to deehan and baker, and deffo got an amount of abuse for being one of them.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:30 - Feb 13 with 2153 viewsLord_Lucan

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:27 - Feb 13 by vapour_trail

With respect to your self and Lucan, he did have people behind him in the north shouting scum when the took goal kicks.

He was sh1t yes, but different generation to deehan and baker, and deffo got an amount of abuse for being one of them.

From the off?

Pretty stupid behaviour. If anything I could understand it more in the 70s or 80s when fans were more feral.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:33 - Feb 13 with 2140 viewsvapour_trail

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:30 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

From the off?

Pretty stupid behaviour. If anything I could understand it more in the 70s or 80s when fans were more feral.

Hmm dunno, it was pretty bad when we had gone down. The game he shipped 4 to wolves he really got it.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:33 - Feb 13 with 2138 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 18:30 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

From the off?

Pretty much as far as I remember.

The fact fans wanted Sereni starting ahead of him didn't help either.

I wonder if the fan's treatment towards him was the cause for at least one of the goals he let in, we may have stayed up if that is the case. See also Douglas and Chambers.

Hated Ipswich footballers on 19:52 - Feb 13 with 2044 viewsclive_baker

Not sure about hate but there are a few that come to mind.

Andy Marshall - I don't think he was a bad player, he was half decent for Norwich and you don't get England u21 recognition unless you can play a bit. It was always going to be a hard switch from that shower to the pride of east Anglia. Was also a difficult time for the team generally. Don't question his commitment or loyalties at all, just think he was a player desperately lacking in confidence which resulted in mistakes. Kind of snowballed from there. I blame GB for picking him.

ALB was worse in the goalkeeper position. Quite the opposite start to Marshall, the fact a photo emerged of him in a town kit as a kid seemed to allow him quite a lot among town fans. Despite possessing an ability level that wouldn't have looked out of place in SIL division 2.

Bullard has to be my closest to 'hate'. Paid a not insignificant amount of money and couldn't have given less of a crap about this club if he tried. Him and Chopra, 2 money grabbing c****.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2017 19:54]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hated Ipswich footballers on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 1962 viewsnodge_blue

Hated Ipswich footballers on 15:16 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Andy Marshall tends to stand out.

I think Marshall was bit harsh. After all he came to Town and left the budgies. So thats a plus.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Hated Ipswich footballers on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 1962 viewsnodge_blue

Thats easy really.....Ian Crook. By a mile.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:48 - Feb 13 with 1901 viewstcblue

Second vote for Bullard. Chopra I still feel bad for as he's clearly got a problem unlikely to have a happy ending, even though he made it hard to remotely like him.

Reo Joker, Paul Taylor and Bowyer are also good shouts.
Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:50 - Feb 13 with 1897 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:48 - Feb 13 by tcblue

Second vote for Bullard. Chopra I still feel bad for as he's clearly got a problem unlikely to have a happy ending, even though he made it hard to remotely like him.

Reo Joker, Paul Taylor and Bowyer are also good shouts.

I didn't mind Bowyer. I don't agree with racism, but I do agree with letting somebody get on with their life 10 years after making a mistake.

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:56 - Feb 13 with 1889 viewsReuser_is_God

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:50 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

I didn't mind Bowyer. I don't agree with racism, but I do agree with letting somebody get on with their life 10 years after making a mistake.

Agreed, the blubbing about it on here when he signed was quite something.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:59 - Feb 13 with 1883 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He gave me that goal against West Ham in injury time that gave me about two days of righteousness around my entire school

TWTD

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 23:56 - Feb 13 with 1853 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 22:59 - Feb 13 by The_Romford_Blue

He gave me that goal against West Ham in injury time that gave me about two days of righteousness around my entire school

TWTD

We also beat them 5-1 so was a good year for you!

Hated Ipswich footballers on 00:01 - Feb 14 with 1835 viewsLankHenners

Hated Ipswich footballers on 23:56 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

Dream team central midfield duo of Luke Hyam and Andy Drury that night if I remember correctly.

JET decided to turn up for that one as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 00:05 - Feb 14 with 1821 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Hated Ipswich footballers on 00:01 - Feb 14 by LankHenners

Dream team central midfield duo of Luke Hyam and Andy Drury that night if I remember correctly.

Bizarre, I missed the game as it was the day I went back to Sheffield.

Hated Ipswich footballers on 00:36 - Feb 14 with 1803 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hated Ipswich footballers on 23:56 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

I walked in to school like an absolute fooking don the next day after the 5-1, I'll be honest

Hated Ipswich footballers on 01:05 - Feb 14 with 1787 viewsIPS_wich

I don't think I've ever hated anyone when they've got a Town shirt on, but two players that I hated seeing their name on the team sheet (and I may get myself banned for this...)

- Darren Currie: Slowed us down every time he got the ball, ruining momentum and allowing the opposition to regroup. Thought he was far better than he was and was very selfish. Probably the only player I've given verbal abuse to.

- Here goes...Kuqi: An absolute lump and poor excuse for a footballer. I understand why people loved him, but I was a 100% Pablo fan and would feel my heart sink every time Kuqi was named on the team sheet (sorry!!)
Hated Ipswich footballers on 01:46 - Feb 14 with 1767 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hated Ipswich footballers on 01:05 - Feb 14 by IPS_wich

I don't think I've ever hated anyone when they've got a Town shirt on, but two players that I hated seeing their name on the team sheet (and I may get myself banned for this...)

- Darren Currie: Slowed us down every time he got the ball, ruining momentum and allowing the opposition to regroup. Thought he was far better than he was and was very selfish. Probably the only player I've given verbal abuse to.

- Here goes...Kuqi: An absolute lump and poor excuse for a footballer. I understand why people loved him, but I was a 100% Pablo fan and would feel my heart sink every time Kuqi was named on the team sheet (sorry!!)

I happen to have met Darren currie on numerous occasions (he was at Dagenham and still is when I did both of my work experience placements there) and he's a pleasant chap. Certainly didn't think he came across as big headed or selfish

Kuqi was a poor excuse for a footballer? Was he? I can only assume you are thinking of someone else..

Hated Ipswich footballers on 07:43 - Feb 14 with 1697 viewsBluespeed225

No one until Chopra. Marshall, no way did I hate him, Bowyer, only cos' he hit Dyer, but still. Coker/Bullard. Meh, for Coker, Lisbie would be higher up the table. Bullard MK2, maybe, but after hauling the team along in 2010/11 he gets a bit more of a free ride. But Chopra, issues or not, was dragging those around him (Bullard), and the club into his mess, paying off his debt, 'collectors' at the training ground, wtf! one of Micks first jobs was sorting that lot out, and whatever he decides in the summer, I think we should thank him for that.
Hated Ipswich footballers on 09:08 - Feb 14 with 1656 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Hated Ipswich footballers on 07:43 - Feb 14 by Bluespeed225

No one until Chopra. Marshall, no way did I hate him, Bowyer, only cos' he hit Dyer, but still. Coker/Bullard. Meh, for Coker, Lisbie would be higher up the table. Bullard MK2, maybe, but after hauling the team along in 2010/11 he gets a bit more of a free ride. But Chopra, issues or not, was dragging those around him (Bullard), and the club into his mess, paying off his debt, 'collectors' at the training ground, wtf! one of Micks first jobs was sorting that lot out, and whatever he decides in the summer, I think we should thank him for that.

Agreed.

There have been a few 'unlikable' players, mainly because of their past allegiances or their inept performances but the only player I've ever struggled to get behind in a town shirt was Michael Chopra.
Hated Ipswich footballers on 09:33 - Feb 14 with 1631 viewstcblue

It was a bit more than "a racism", guys.
Hated Ipswich footballers on 09:46 - Feb 14 with 1625 viewsKieran_Knows

Hated Ipswich footballers on 00:01 - Feb 14 by LankHenners

JET's best get in a Town shirt would you say?

Think I missed the first goal (Chopra scored within the first 2 minutes or so if I recall correctly).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hated Ipswich footballers on 09:51 - Feb 14 with 1619 viewsRadlett_blue

Agreed he shouldn't be pilloried for the rest of his life for one teenage indiscretion, but he didn't exactly come out of the assault on a Leeds student very well either, did he?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hated Ipswich footballers on 11:01 - Feb 14 with 1579 viewsbritbiker

Hated Ipswich footballers on 17:03 - Feb 13 by hype313

Paul Taylor won't go down in history as a cult hero.

Agree but think you spelt 'cult' wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024