Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supposing I came to your house... 12:51 - Mar 21 with 2147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....killed your pet, burned your house down, and blew up your car...

...would you hail me a peace maker if I returned to your house and said that I would stop?

Strange world.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Supposing I came to your house... on 12:53 - Mar 21 with 1589 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't have a pet, I live in a flat and my car is insured.

Do your worst.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Supposing I came to your house... on 12:54 - Mar 21 with 1576 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 12:53 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Do your worst.

;-).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:04 - Mar 21 with 1557 viewsGuthrum

Depends if you persuaded all your family and mates to stop doing it too (which they had been since before you were involved), I agreed not to do it to you (which had also been going on for decades), then we worked together in cooperation to stop it happening again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 1522 viewsWeWereZombies

Isn't it more a case that the bag carrier saw what he had gotten involved with and thought he would like to put a stop to it? And the murder men were more likely to listen to their bag carrier than they were to us?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:12 - Mar 21 with 1496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:04 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

Depends if you persuaded all your family and mates to stop doing it too (which they had been since before you were involved), I agreed not to do it to you (which had also been going on for decades), then we worked together in cooperation to stop it happening again.

1,800 murders, over a third of those were innocent civilians. Not sure there is any justification for that.

People will do anything for power!

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:14 - Mar 21 with 1467 viewsMJallday

Supposing I came to your house... on 12:53 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Do your worst.

he could make you a boiled egg?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:16 - Mar 21 with 1454 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:06 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

Isn't it more a case that the bag carrier saw what he had gotten involved with and thought he would like to put a stop to it? And the murder men were more likely to listen to their bag carrier than they were to us?

Id love to see the job description for that particular 'bag carrying' role.

If a bag carrier didn't murder people / order the murder, then there's more of an argument.

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:19 - Mar 21 with 1444 viewsGuthrum

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:12 - Mar 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

1,800 murders, over a third of those were innocent civilians. Not sure there is any justification for that.

No justification. And McGuinness bears responsibility for that. But he was also instrumental in making the situation stop.

Events are rarely simple black and white.

Login to get fewer ads

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:23 - Mar 21 with 1406 viewsMattinLondon

I’m not defending the man but if your country (in your eyes) was being occupied by a foreign power with a history of repression— what would you do to rid that power from your homeland
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:24 - Mar 21 with 1384 viewsgtsb1966

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:23 - Mar 21 by MattinLondon

I’m not defending the man but if your country (in your eyes) was being occupied by a foreign power with a history of repression— what would you do to rid that power from your homeland

I wouldn't blow up children that's for sure!!
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:25 - Mar 21 with 1380 viewsBlue_Order

Do not be fooled into thinking his way was the only way. John Hume did not join the IRA. Don't get sucked into that nonsense.
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:27 - Mar 21 with 1351 viewsSwansea_Blue

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:19 - Mar 21 by Guthrum

No justification. And McGuinness bears responsibility for that. But he was also instrumental in making the situation stop.

You should know better than that. On here events are ALWAYS black and white. And often just black.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:28 - Mar 21 with 1346 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not murder civilians.

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:29 - Mar 21 with 1327 viewsPilgrimblue

That's very true and I believe that the peace has been best for all, however it was achieved.
In every day life there's still inequalities in NI but hope future generations will ensure that will be a thing of the past.
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:30 - Mar 21 with 1306 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He made it stop for his own gain.

He was a politician first and foremost, and the one thing politicians value over anything else is their own power.

He helped stop the situation as it was the best way to further his own political career.

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:34 - Mar 21 with 1264 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:27 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

You should know better than that. On here events are ALWAYS black and white. And often just black.

Racist.

;-)

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:36 - Mar 21 with 1243 viewsGlasgowBlue

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:12 - Mar 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

No justification whatsoever for a single on of those murders. And that's what they were, murders.

But I don't think anybody on here has tried to justify them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:41 - Mar 21 with 1214 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:36 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

No justification whatsoever for a single on of those murders. And that's what they were, murders.

But I don't think anybody on here has tried to justify them.

I was just responding to a post.

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:42 - Mar 21 with 1214 viewsdryas

Take a complicated and nuanced piece of recent history and summarise it using a poor analogy. That'll stimulate some sensible debate.
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:45 - Mar 21 with 1170 viewstaximan

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:42 - Mar 21 by dryas

Take a complicated and nuanced piece of recent history and summarise it using a poor analogy. That'll stimulate some sensible debate.

oh christ

hug a terrorist is back
Supposing I came to your house... on 13:47 - Mar 21 with 1155 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:42 - Mar 21 by dryas

Seems to have been a reasonable debate until your arrival. Lots of differing views, but perfectly polite.

Nothing to see here, please move along.

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1100 viewsGuthrum

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:30 - Mar 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

He made it stop for his own gain.

He was a politician first and foremost, and the one thing politicians value over anything else is their own power.

He helped stop the situation as it was the best way to further his own political career.

Or perhaps because he saw an opportunity for the killing to stop without utter capitulation.

His position in the NI Assembly secured coequal representation for the cause and community in which he believed (unlike in the previous NI Parliament up to 1972).

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:55 - Mar 21 with 1096 viewsnoggin

Depends. What if my Great Great Grandfather had come to your Great Great Grandfather's house, killed his family and moved his mates into the house. I then said, "Hey look, I'm sorry but my mates have been living in the house you inherited for years and they don't want to move, so put up with it or feck off."
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 14:03]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:56 - Mar 21 with 1090 viewsBluetaff

Must admit I don't particularly agree with the post but to clarify, he wasn't at all responsible for bringing this to an end. He was merely in the right place at the right time when the music stropped.

Adam's was quietly negotiating with the UK government from the early 80's behind the backs of the council. The fact that McG finished up where he did when the guns were laid down. That and the fact that by the end of the '80's it was widely rumoured that he was so frightened of being targeted, both internally as there was infighting as well as external that he simply grabbed the chance at peace when it came.

Blog: The National Conundrum

Supposing I came to your house... on 14:03 - Mar 21 with 1038 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Supposing I came to your house... on 13:55 - Mar 21 by noggin

Depends. What if my Great Great Grandfather had come to your Great Great Grandfather's house, killed his family and moved his mates into the house. I then said, "Hey look, I'm sorry but my mates have been living in the house you inherited for years and they don't want to move, so put up with it or feck off."
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 14:03]

Sounds like adverse possession would have taken place under the rule of law to be fair.

You're mates would probably be able to provide proof that they had title absolute on the property, assuming they had applied to register it with the land registry.

I doubt I would resort, to killing and arson. I'd probably go through the Courts, and fail.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024