Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9400 19:27 - May 17 with 7065 viewsRickOShea

Season tickets sold, no wonder the club making no announcement.
Over to you Evans to sort this one out. Good Luck.
9400 on 21:16 - May 17 with 2715 viewsmickeyjb

I think I tipify a lot of long term supporters that live far to far away to get a season ticket but go as much as they can. I didn't go last year and went once the year before. I do not see any point in throwing over £100 away to watch a club I've supported since the 70s. It pains me to have this apathy but that's only because I want Ipswich to be something like the teams of the past. With players your excited to watch. It's not all about winning, it's never been about that, it's a connection with a team that your proud to support, proud to tell people you support. For me it's unbelievable that MM is still here and as for Milne, he tipifys everything bad about this once family orientated great club.

Get rid of MM, Get rid of his clique, get rid of Milne oh and Evans if your not committed please sell up. Can't believe it's looking like another wasted season already and it hasn't even started yet.
9400 on 21:19 - May 17 with 2705 viewsTractorWood

9400 on 20:11 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Think they're well aware they got season ticket pricing spectacularly wrong and are trying to address the situation via other ticketing and presumably are somewhat keen not to make further errors.

To scare off people who had every intention of renewing is pretty spectacular. Hope they sort match day prices out but they risk undermining the fans who renewed.

Shambles.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

9400 on 21:52 - May 17 with 2644 viewsjas0999

Think they're well aware they got season ticket pricing spectacularly wrong and are trying to address the situation via other ticketing and presumably are somewhat keen not to make further errors.

Sacking McCarthy might help?
9400 on 22:07 - May 17 with 2604 viewsHARRY10

If that is the correct figure that it is very worrying
9400 on 22:14 - May 17 with 2586 viewsFreddy

But even if they had frozen s t prices they wouldn't have got many more would they?

Its Evans, Mick & the uninspiring football that's put people off renewing
9400 on 22:21 - May 17 with 2569 viewssouthnorfolkblue

9400 on 22:14 - May 17 by Freddy

But even if they had frozen s t prices they wouldn't have got many more would they?

Its Evans, Mick & the uninspiring football that's put people off renewing

That's certainly got plenty to do with it, but the straw that broke the camels back for me was the increase, which just smacked of an owner who has no regard for the fans.

To cap it all, they now appear to realise what a cock up they have made but don't have the balls to do something about it and reverse their decision.

Poll: Our final position

9400 on 22:47 - May 17 with 2517 viewsHARRY10

9400 on 22:21 - May 17 by southnorfolkblue

That's certainly got plenty to do with it, but the straw that broke the camels back for me was the increase, which just smacked of an owner who has no regard for the fans.

To cap it all, they now appear to realise what a cock up they have made but don't have the balls to do something about it and reverse their decision.

I think many have decide that they will attend the games they want to which will work out cheaper than buying a season ticket.

How many ST holders didn't even bother to turn up to some games last season ?
9400 on 22:53 - May 17 with 2505 viewsHoppersblue10

Wow that's a statement in its self, this club has been miss managed one way or another since the Cobbolds handed over control. We over spent when Sheepy was at the helm and now we are being run by a guy who clearly knows jack about how to run a football club, and more importantly how to keep hold of its customers.!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Login to get fewer ads

9400 on 23:33 - May 17 with 2454 viewsHARRY10

9400 on 22:53 - May 17 by Hoppersblue10

Wow that's a statement in its self, this club has been miss managed one way or another since the Cobbolds handed over control. We over spent when Sheepy was at the helm and now we are being run by a guy who clearly knows jack about how to run a football club, and more importantly how to keep hold of its customers.!

It some times seems like a training film on how NOT to run a football club.

We need to get rid of Milne and bring in someone with experience of running a football club, who knows how to price games and tickets, how to maximise food and drink sales.

Someone who is happy to meet supporters and try and sort out where things can be improved, if only off the pitch.

No supporter is under any illusions about how bad things are, but most are more than willing to do what they can to help. Help things get going. But that is a two way relationship.

And at the moment it is not happening
9400 on 23:44 - May 17 with 2439 viewshadleighboyblue

9400 on 23:33 - May 17 by HARRY10

It some times seems like a training film on how NOT to run a football club.

We need to get rid of Milne and bring in someone with experience of running a football club, who knows how to price games and tickets, how to maximise food and drink sales.

Someone who is happy to meet supporters and try and sort out where things can be improved, if only off the pitch.

No supporter is under any illusions about how bad things are, but most are more than willing to do what they can to help. Help things get going. But that is a two way relationship.

And at the moment it is not happening

compare how Huddersfield have gone about things and how Ipswich have .

A young progressive manager in a club that has a plan and has it's fans on board and plays good football with a midfield that knows what it's doing .......................and then there's Ipswich doing the exact opposite

I really worry for our future
9400 on 02:45 - May 18 with 2374 viewsHARRY10

9400 on 23:44 - May 17 by hadleighboyblue

compare how Huddersfield have gone about things and how Ipswich have .

A young progressive manager in a club that has a plan and has it's fans on board and plays good football with a midfield that knows what it's doing .......................and then there's Ipswich doing the exact opposite

I really worry for our future

My thought as before is it may take relegation to get the shake up we need. No club has a divine right to be in any league, but I would rather us be Evans free and all battling together than what we have now.

Nothing more than a zombie club.

Many of our fans aren't even certain that MM will be our manager next season. We hear stuff about money from transfers yet we bring in the likes of Moore. We are told about how good the academy will be, but it is not delivering. Fans are walking away in droves.

I cannot see anything else that will be a catalyst for change.
9400 on 05:24 - May 18 with 2337 viewsbluejacko

What is even more worrying is that by all accounts ME was warned this would happen and he went and done it anyway.
9400 on 05:33 - May 18 with 2327 viewsBenters

9400 on 19:46 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and also not correct, higher than that but still under 10,000.

Re the club making an announcement, think the plan is to comment further - Ian Milne already commented on drop in numbers on Life's a Pitch - when they announce matchday prices and further flexible ticketing. The plan was to do it last week but presumably still being agreed.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Here we are arguing over a couple of hundred season tickets sold,if you know its more than 9400 why doesnt the club tell us ?

Even if its 10'000 thats pretty poor but hey,that sounds loads more than 9999.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

9400 on 05:50 - May 18 with 2312 viewsBenters

9400 on 19:47 - May 17 by textbackup

Bentley will be all over this like a rash

Thanks for the mention.

Well when a club lose 3000+ season ticket holders ,some of them have been going decades,something is really wrong.

Those people would pay for their season ticket just as they would a car insurance,regular get it?

I hope that these people walking away may force a change in club policy,but i doubt it.

Sad times .

Gentlybentley

9400 on 05:53 - May 18 with 2308 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

9400 on 05:33 - May 18 by Benters

Here we are arguing over a couple of hundred season tickets sold,if you know its more than 9400 why doesnt the club tell us ?

Even if its 10'000 thats pretty poor but hey,that sounds loads more than 9999.

It's almost like he answered that in his second paragraph

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

9400 on 05:59 - May 18 with 2302 viewsBenters

9400 on 05:53 - May 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sadly i dont believe a word that comes out of Evans/Milnes/MMs mouths .

They make it up as the go along.

One week we were told we had a '3 point plan' the next it was a '5 point plan' !

The club is on its last legs.

Gentlybentley

9400 on 06:00 - May 18 with 2302 viewsTLA

9400 on 05:50 - May 18 by Benters

Thanks for the mention.

Well when a club lose 3000+ season ticket holders ,some of them have been going decades,something is really wrong.

Those people would pay for their season ticket just as they would a car insurance,regular get it?

I hope that these people walking away may force a change in club policy,but i doubt it.

Sad times .

There's no doubt something is wrong Benters.

I have renewed - it's something my wife and I do together and we love the people we stand with. It would be hard to give up but I understand why people are making a statement.

There are things that need to change here but do you also think it's a wider problem with football? I see more and more empty seats when I watch games on TV. Obviously the years of stagnating are going to make it worse for us.

The match day pricing will be interesting - as a season ticket holder, I'd like it to be as low as possible. I like having a guaranteed space and standing with people I know but I'd rather do that in a fuller ground.
9400 on 06:13 - May 18 with 2289 viewsBenters

9400 on 06:00 - May 18 by TLA

There's no doubt something is wrong Benters.

I have renewed - it's something my wife and I do together and we love the people we stand with. It would be hard to give up but I understand why people are making a statement.

There are things that need to change here but do you also think it's a wider problem with football? I see more and more empty seats when I watch games on TV. Obviously the years of stagnating are going to make it worse for us.

The match day pricing will be interesting - as a season ticket holder, I'd like it to be as low as possible. I like having a guaranteed space and standing with people I know but I'd rather do that in a fuller ground.

Knowing those divs in charge they will scrap the £2.50 on the gate tax,and put the cheapest ticket up to £30 .

Gentlybentley

9400 on 06:15 - May 18 with 2286 viewsBenters

9400 on 21:19 - May 17 by TractorWood

To scare off people who had every intention of renewing is pretty spectacular. Hope they sort match day prices out but they risk undermining the fans who renewed.

Shambles.

This

Gentlybentley

9400 on 06:25 - May 18 with 2281 viewsBenters

9400 on 05:53 - May 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lets say that 2000+ people more had purchased tickets making it 14'000 ish, i bet they would have gave out the figure then !

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024