Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Office Etiquette 09:50 - May 19 with 8971 viewsJimmyJazz

Office workers who consistently arrive and proceed to start eating cereal. Why don't you do that at home like anyone else? No problem with someone who's bought a breakfast bap on the way in

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Office Etiquette on 13:29 - May 19 with 1907 viewsBenters

Office Etiquette on 13:08 - May 19 by Dolly2.0

Cheek? Why?

I doubt there's a microwave on a building site.

You people have some strange issues.

Of course they have microwaves on building sites ffs !

We always used to have one in our 'tea hut'

Now i just sit under a tree munching bananas.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Office Etiquette on 13:31 - May 19 with 1903 viewstextbackup

I'll literally do anything I can whilst at work to save me time at home

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Office Etiquette on 13:39 - May 19 with 1879 viewsSuperfrans

Office Etiquette on 13:27 - May 19 by artsbossbeard

On the subject of encouragement and making the staff feel loved on my last Christmas bash,which was in fairness a decent affair as were a big organisation, it was apparent that the high level managers had been been instructed to mingle with the proles, show a bit of interest and go table to table for a chat.

Cue the most uncomfortable hour of both theirs and our evenings.

Totally understand that.

I'm a 50 yo bloke with a team who work for me, mostly made up of under-35s. I make a specific point, at most leaving dos, Xmas drinks, any kind of social basically, to make an appearance, pay for a drink or two and then leave them to enjoy their time without my company. The last thing they want is for me to hang around, cramping their style etc.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Office Etiquette on 13:41 - May 19 with 1866 viewsNewcyBlue

Office Etiquette on 10:42 - May 19 by Reuser_is_God

Nothing wrong with having your breakfast at work.

Didn't you take tinned Spaghetti Bolognese into work for lunch?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Office Etiquette on 13:42 - May 19 with 1866 viewsSteve_M

Office Etiquette on 13:19 - May 19 by Superfrans

This made me laugh...

All of this depend on where you work. There are certain companies *cough* Spotify *cough* Google *cough* who supply free breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of their employees.

I assume the aim is to make staff feel loved and encourage them to feel they can get in earlier and go home later, but it doesn't always work that way. I've seen staffers there walking to their desks with a big bowl of Frosties after getting into the office at 10.15am. Which is taking the proverbial...

A friend of mine works for Amazon, they have beer fridges in the office which are great in theory but no-one will actually go and use them. I imagine it just makes one thirsty.

Some of his colleagues definitely treat it as a cult apparently.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Office Etiquette on 14:55 - May 19 with 1814 viewsJ2BLUE

Office Etiquette on 12:37 - May 19 by Dolly2.0

What do you even mean "too wet for desk consumption"? I often have soup at my desk without any problems whatsoever.

Madness. It's like eating a slice of watermelon on the tube. There's something just wrong about it.

Perhaps this comes down to office culture. I've never worked anywhere where they'd have been ok with it. I also enjoy going to sit in my car at lunch time away from everyone else so the thought of sitting down at my desk to eat soup/cereal seems like genuine madness to me.

Each to their own. You animal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Office Etiquette on 15:08 - May 19 with 1796 viewsbluewein

Office Etiquette on 13:29 - May 19 by Benters

Of course they have microwaves on building sites ffs !

We always used to have one in our 'tea hut'

Now i just sit under a tree munching bananas.

The comparisons between yourself and a chimp become more apparent everyday...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Office Etiquette on 16:16 - May 19 with 1760 viewsLesta_Tractor

Office Etiquette on 10:22 - May 19 by JimmyJazz

Not sure really, but when it's done as the norm it's a strange choice. Even weirder is that it's all nicely prepared in a Tupperware container, so it took some time to prepare and isn't a 'I don't have time to eat before work' thing. No problem with stuff bought from a shop on the way in.

I cycle or run in to the office and don't really fancy doing it on a full stomach, so I make a batch of bircher muesli for the week and then take a portion in a tub everyday.

I do get in the office 30 mins or so before the rest of my team though.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

Office Etiquette on 17:40 - May 19 with 1730 viewsBenters

Office Etiquette on 15:08 - May 19 by bluewein

The comparisons between yourself and a chimp become more apparent everyday...

I am the missing link .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Office Etiquette on 18:04 - May 19 with 1723 viewschicoazul

To be clear; anyone who rocks up at the office and eats breakfast at their desk is scum. Anyone who eats at their desk FULL STOP is scum. Anyone who stinks the office out with food is scum. Anyone who eats loudly is scum. Anyone who eats in view of other people not eating, theyre scum.
People who put their salty chocolatey hands all over the printer or door handles or communal stapler, scum. Subhuman scum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Office Etiquette on 18:20 - May 19 with 1710 viewshoppy

Office Etiquette on 18:04 - May 19 by chicoazul

To be clear; anyone who rocks up at the office and eats breakfast at their desk is scum. Anyone who eats at their desk FULL STOP is scum. Anyone who stinks the office out with food is scum. Anyone who eats loudly is scum. Anyone who eats in view of other people not eating, theyre scum.
People who put their salty chocolatey hands all over the printer or door handles or communal stapler, scum. Subhuman scum.

Put you down as a 'no' then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Office Etiquette on 19:01 - May 19 with 1701 viewsJ2BLUE

Office Etiquette on 18:04 - May 19 by chicoazul

Finally, a voice of reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024