Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th 22:00 - Jun 14 with 6753 viewsMullet

https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-finalized-aug-26-

Will there ever be a more expensive/overhyped fight? Maybe. Not for ages though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:11 - Jun 14 with 6713 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I do love McGregor

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:24 - Jun 14 with 6682 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll get it if it's £20 or less. As you say it will be overhyped.

Mayweather will win comfortably then they'll hug and say how great the other one is. With that said i'd LOVE to see McGregor floor him...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:27 - Jun 14 with 6673 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:24 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

I'll get it if it's £20 or less. As you say it will be overhyped.

Mayweather will win comfortably then they'll hug and say how great the other one is. With that said i'd LOVE to see McGregor floor him...

No way would Conor hug him win or lose

The best line ever after his last win to be a two weight champ.. 'I've said lots of stuff before this fight and I'd just like to apologise... to absolutely f**king nobody'

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:30 - Jun 14 with 6658 viewsMullet

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:27 - Jun 14 by The_Romford_Blue

The best line ever after his last win to be a two weight champ.. 'I've said lots of stuff before this fight and I'd just like to apologise... to absolutely f**king nobody'

Then when you hear things like the arena mic pick up what he says to Aldo when the ref is waiting for a decision you see it's all hype and showmanship.

He's very different when not looking down a lens.

Floyd will have had to have skipped a beat or two not to win I'd have thought. Then it'll be the big NYE card and McGregor marketed to clean up and sell ppvs for Dana again.

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:35 - Jun 14 with 6632 viewsITFC1977

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:27 - Jun 14 by The_Romford_Blue

That is nonsense, Mcgregor is very humble and sporting after every fight...

Name a fight where he has not been respectful to his opponent win or lose?
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:37 - Jun 14 with 6629 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:35 - Jun 14 by ITFC1977

That is nonsense, Mcgregor is very humble and sporting after every fight...

Name a fight where he has not been respectful to his opponent win or lose?

I'm not saying he isn't humble. I like the guy.

He won't hug him on camera afterwards. In the changing room, I have no doubts whatsoever that he would.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 22:38]

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 06:06 - Jun 15 with 6538 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:37 - Jun 14 by The_Romford_Blue

He won't hug him on camera afterwards. In the changing room, I have no doubts whatsoever that he would.

What a joke of a contest.

BOT

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 07:24 - Jun 15 with 6497 viewsStokieBlue

So the best boxers of his time can't beat him but a non boxer is giving it a go?

Mayweather will destroy him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 07:45 - Jun 15 with 6476 viewsTIB

The $600m fight is finally here!!! I'm not sure Mayweather will destroy McGregor, Conor as a fighter is about standing up and throwing punches, it's just wether he can get through Floyd's defence. Either way, cannot wait for it.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 07:47 - Jun 15 with 6470 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:05 - Jun 15 with 6434 viewsStokieBlue

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 07:45 - Jun 15 by TIB

The $600m fight is finally here!!! I'm not sure Mayweather will destroy McGregor, Conor as a fighter is about standing up and throwing punches, it's just wether he can get through Floyd's defence. Either way, cannot wait for it.

The evidence would suggest that even the best boxers in the world can't get through his defence so why would McGregor?

He's an idiot but he's a bloody good boxer.

SB

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:26 - Jun 15 with 6421 viewsTIB

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:05 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

The evidence would suggest that even the best boxers in the world can't get through his defence so why would McGregor?

SB

I think the difference in disciplines between the two has potential to throw the fight more than some expect...different stances, footwork, approaches. Essentially, it's down to whether McGregor tries to fully transition to a boxer.

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:38 - Jun 15 with 6413 viewsHarryWright

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:05 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Exactly, one of the greatest of all time will not lose to someone without a pro fight. If an eight weight boxing world champion can't beat mayweather then there's no chance an MMA fighter can.

As much as I'd like to see Mayweather lose, this is a complete mismatch.
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:20 - Jun 15 with 6385 viewsBlue_Order

I wish McGregor had more of a chance, just so they could beat the sh1t out of each other.
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:45 - Jun 15 with 6367 viewsBlue_Order

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 09:38 - Jun 15 by HarryWright

Exactly, one of the greatest of all time will not lose to someone without a pro fight. If an eight weight boxing world champion can't beat mayweather then there's no chance an MMA fighter can.

As much as I'd like to see Mayweather lose, this is a complete mismatch.

It's a glorified exhibition match.
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:51 - Jun 15 with 6360 viewsAdmiralFunge

I'd love to see McGregor walk in, and roundhouse kick Money to the floor, before putting him into a choke hold.

I acknowledge that this is unlikely to happen.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:51 - Jun 15 with 6360 viewsHerbivore

I'm going to call this what it is, a pathetic farce. Mayweather is an all time great fighter, McGregor has had zero professional boxing bouts. It's shocking that anyone is willing to sanction the fight and anyone who actually pays to watch it is a mug of epic proportions. Mayweather will toy with him, McGregor won't even get close to landing a decent shot.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:56 - Jun 15 with 6349 viewsAdmiralFunge

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:51 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

I'm going to call this what it is, a pathetic farce. Mayweather is an all time great fighter, McGregor has had zero professional boxing bouts. It's shocking that anyone is willing to sanction the fight and anyone who actually pays to watch it is a mug of epic proportions. Mayweather will toy with him, McGregor won't even get close to landing a decent shot.

Here's your answer, Herbers.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:58 - Jun 15 with 6337 viewsDanTheMan

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 22:37 - Jun 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Almost like it's all a show.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 11:11 - Jun 15 with 6309 viewsdirtyboy

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:51 - Jun 15 by AdmiralFunge

I'd love to see McGregor walk in, and roundhouse kick Money to the floor, before putting him into a choke hold.

I acknowledge that this is unlikely to happen.

That's what i'm hoping for!

I think Mayweather will have a clause for any 'funny business' where Conor may do something like that and lose his winnings.

That being said, imagine it, Conor struggling after a few rounds, but surviving, Mayweather taunts him, Conor winds a heel into his jaw and smashes that pretty face with an elbow...

All hell breaks loose, Conor DQ'd, loses winnings, but the media and coverage afterwards would in someway make up for it!
Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 12:30 - Jun 15 with 6258 viewsTIB

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 10:51 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

Cheer up Herb...times can't be that tough...it's £20 split between a few "mugs", the perfect time of year to get your mug-mates around for a BBQ, beers and some late night boxing...Mugweather vs MugCregor...it's boxing MugAggeddon

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 16:48 - Jun 15 with 6161 viewsMullet

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 07:45 - Jun 15 by TIB

To be fair although a lot is made of Connor's left hand and it's "touch of death" for even some of the greatest ever (yes you Jose) he is all about his switch stances, changing of levels and kicking.

His wrestling is so bad he relies keeping the fight standing.

90% of that game is null and void. The only problem I can see him giving Mayweather is his power. While he was never a pro boxer, he was a very good amateur and his striking can hang with the best in world.

To give people an idea, Diaz who he fought twice spars regularly with Andre Ward and is often cited as being more than capable by those guys, by them. On the flipside Ronda Rousey's team tried to claim that she could box pro and that was before Holly Holm showed us how it was done.

James Toney didn't fair very well in the UFC from memory and while some decent fighters have had excellent hands I'm sure a lot like Anderson Silva's muay thai, the purists who fight in just the one traditional style will be as scathing of McGregor's boxing no matter how he does.

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 17:03 - Jun 15 with 6147 viewsStokieBlue

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 16:48 - Jun 15 by Mullet

To be fair although a lot is made of Connor's left hand and it's "touch of death" for even some of the greatest ever (yes you Jose) he is all about his switch stances, changing of levels and kicking.

His wrestling is so bad he relies keeping the fight standing.

90% of that game is null and void. The only problem I can see him giving Mayweather is his power. While he was never a pro boxer, he was a very good amateur and his striking can hang with the best in world.

To give people an idea, Diaz who he fought twice spars regularly with Andre Ward and is often cited as being more than capable by those guys, by them. On the flipside Ronda Rousey's team tried to claim that she could box pro and that was before Holly Holm showed us how it was done.

James Toney didn't fair very well in the UFC from memory and while some decent fighters have had excellent hands I'm sure a lot like Anderson Silva's muay thai, the purists who fight in just the one traditional style will be as scathing of McGregor's boxing no matter how he does.

Mercer won in 9 seconds when he did this.

SB

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 17:08 - Jun 15 with 6144 viewsMullet

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th on 17:03 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Mercer won in 9 seconds when he did this.

SB

True, but that's not vintage Tim Sylvia either.

For balance, Kimbo was never very technical and just mauls Mercer here before one of the soppiest guillotines you'll see.

This type of match does neither sport any favours.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024