Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeeza. 06:35 - Jun 22 with 70483 viewsBenters

Has this man no shame?

He has no repect for the Queen,i can see that.

This is why i will never vote labour with that trouble making tool in charge.

Rule Britannia.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Jeeza. on 14:10 - Jun 23 with 3348 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 14:03 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

after reading the article you asserted that someone ''gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests".

so after reading the article you thought that the fire safety test preceded people living there. you had clearly misread the article. and it is clearly critically important whether the tests were since the fire or before. surely you can see that?

jeez.

Surely there are fire safety tests on every building before people live in it?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jeeza. on 14:10 - Jun 23 with 3348 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 14:01 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

"sprinklers are obviously not effective against smoke."

Eh? Smoke comes from fire, sprinklers put out fire.

I think it is meant that the toxic fumes were the cause of more deaths.

The sprinklers will have been activated by heat and not by smoke. They have a little glass bulb type thing on them that gets activated at a certain temperature.

For the toxic fumes see the Scandanavian Star. A ferry that caught fire, the coating on the bulkheads released hydrogen cyanide via smoke when heated.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Jeeza. on 14:15 - Jun 23 with 3326 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 14:10 - Jun 23 by NewcyBlue

I think it is meant that the toxic fumes were the cause of more deaths.

The sprinklers will have been activated by heat and not by smoke. They have a little glass bulb type thing on them that gets activated at a certain temperature.

For the toxic fumes see the Scandanavian Star. A ferry that caught fire, the coating on the bulkheads released hydrogen cyanide via smoke when heated.

Yeah but if you have sprinklers they put out the fire which causes the smoke/heat.

I'm not an expert but surely sprinklers would've meant less deaths. That's kind of obvious isn't it?

Jeeza. on 14:19 - Jun 23 with 3309 viewsNewcyBlue

Jeeza. on 14:15 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

Yeah but if you have sprinklers they put out the fire which causes the smoke/heat.

I'm not an expert but surely sprinklers would've meant less deaths. That's kind of obvious isn't it?

The sprinklers will have only activated at a certain temperature. The glass bulbs have a liquid in, it expands, and a certain temperature it bursts, activating the sprinkler head.

Something can start smoking well in advance of that.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Jeeza. on 14:19 - Jun 23 with 3290 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 14:15 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

As the head of the Fire Service said, sprinklers would not have helped in this instance as the fire spread outside the building rather than inside.

I can't stress enough that we need to see the full report from the relevant people before making knee jerk statements that at the moment are only pure speculation.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeeza. on 14:23 - Jun 23 with 3294 viewsjeera

Jeeza. on 07:44 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

I respect Jezza for not bowing to the Queen. He is a lifelong republican and would be a hypocrite if he did bow.

If this thread had been started by anyone else people would have either agreed or disagreed with the op. The thread would have ended after page one.

Instead we have seven pages of abuse and bullying, including the brining in up of a bloke's life threatening illness.

I've disagreed with benters over numerous subjects. He has made comments which I have told him are unnaceptable. But this thread is like watching a group of teenagers cornering a wounded dog and poking it with a stick. It's going to lash out and bite.

TBH it's reminding me of the last days of Tractir Girl when people would keep pushing her buttons in the hope she'd say something controversial, then they'd start ten pages of mock indignation.

Some people on here should feel utterly ashamed of themselves. Especially the last few contributions which I think have crossed the line.

Utter nonsense.

Why didn't you comment when 'he' made fun of me being unable to work through illness?

Why didn't you pounce on him for derogatory comments regarding a n other poster and health issues?

Why didn't you pull him up on his comments about shooting refugees or his comments regarding the drowning of innocents?

Bizarre how you miss all that but jump in when some of us have a pop back.

Mixed bag of values there.

Confront a bully and according to you it's bullying.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jeeza. on 14:25 - Jun 23 with 3283 viewslowhouseblue

Jeeza. on 14:10 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

Surely there are fire safety tests on every building before people live in it?

of course. but the building didn't fail any of those previous routine safety checks. therefore when you claimed that someone "gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests" you had clearly misread the article and you were referring to the tests by the police which were part of the post-fire investigation.

you misread the article in part because your misreading confirmed you existing belief.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Jeeza. on 14:27 - Jun 23 with 3279 viewsJ2BLUE

Jeeza. on 14:23 - Jun 23 by jeera

Utter nonsense.

Why didn't you comment when 'he' made fun of me being unable to work through illness?

Why didn't you pounce on him for derogatory comments regarding a n other poster and health issues?

Why didn't you pull him up on his comments about shooting refugees or his comments regarding the drowning of innocents?

Agreed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Jeeza. on 14:30 - Jun 23 with 3267 viewshype313

Jeeza. on 14:01 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

"sprinklers are obviously not effective against smoke."

Eh? Smoke comes from fire, sprinklers put out fire.

But it was the cladding that went up so quickly, so how could sprinklers help?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jeeza. on 14:34 - Jun 23 with 3237 viewsGlasgowBlue

Utter nonsense.

I don't recall the first two examples but if he did make fun of you not being able to work through illness then it was completely out of order. On the second point, I think I commented at the time that whilst inexcusable to trivialise mental health issues that I thought it was a generational thing where people of Benters age were told to man up and not talk about that sort of thing. My comment lead to a very good debate from people involved in helping others cope with mental illness.

With regards to his comments about shooting refugees or his comments regarding the drowning of innocents, I've pulled him on both on several occasions. I'll do it again for the benefit of doubt. Both comments were completely unacceptable and he was bang out of order for saying either of them.

No mixed values from me. I'll always call it as I see it and I saw bullying and baiting. And not for the first time this week with the same poster as the target.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 14:35 - Jun 23 with 3220 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeeza. on 14:30 - Jun 23 by hype313

This is what happens when people only read the headlines.

Iron Lion Zion

Jeeza. on 14:37 - Jun 23 with 3234 viewsBenters

Jeeza. on 10:41 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

You're way out I'm afraid. This isn't bullying - it is stuff Benters has brought on himself. Ask yourself why a thread like this isn't directed at anyone else.

Also the "bringing in up of a bloke's life threatening illness" was done by himself.

Though he said most who supported him don't post here now - I supported him. I even congratulated him in person and shook his hand. His response? He mocked me when I was feeling suicidal after splitting up with my girlfriend while many others (including yourself - thanks) sent messages of support. He's now also saying in this thread that he's never liked me.

I don't know why you're defending him. The bloke's clearly a nasty piece of work (on here at least) and pretty much all the comments I've read in this thread I'd describe as 'fair game'.

You reap what you sow.

I dont like you .

I remember you moaning becuase i squeezed your hand ?

You then saying 'i bet that comes in handy having a good grip' on the open forum.

The suicidal bit on the girlfriend really? I have had a girlfrriend for 30 yrs,if she dumped me now,id be pissed off yes but suicidal really?

Thats the difference between me and you,when i said i had enough of the forum becuase a few cunits on here said i had done very well out of the NHS and what have you,i was told to man up by Lucan.

Yet a sniff of a mental illness,and its all fkn hugs and kisses and pm me babe!

Gentlybentley

Jeeza. on 14:38 - Jun 23 with 3218 viewsmanchego

Jeeza. on 14:30 - Jun 23 by hype313

To put out the original fridge fire.
on 14:39 - Jun 23 with 3201 views_

Jeeza. on 14:37 - Jun 23 by Benters

I dont like you .

You then saying 'i bet that comes in handy having a good grip' on the open forum.

The suicidal bit on the girlfriend really? I have had a girlfrriend for 30 yrs,if she dumped me now,id be pissed off yes but suicidal really?

Thats the difference between me and you,when i said i had enough of the forum becuase a few cunits on here said i had done very well out of the NHS and what have you,i was told to man up by Lucan.

Jeeza. on 14:40 - Jun 23 with 3208 viewsBenters

Utter nonsense.

Did i?

Yet again you have a perfect memory !

Gentlybentley

Jeeza. on 14:42 - Jun 23 with 3191 viewsBenters

on 14:39 - Jun 23 by _

Truth hurts doesnt Libby !

Gentlybentley

Jeeza. on 14:42 - Jun 23 with 3191 viewsnoggin

I dont like you .

FFS Benters, you seem to be living in 1946.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Jeeza. on 14:43 - Jun 23 with 3175 viewsBenters

Jeeza. on 14:42 - Jun 23 by noggin

FFS Benters, you seem to be living in 1946.

Thanks x

Gentlybentley

on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 3163 views_

Jeeza. on 14:42 - Jun 23 by Benters

Truth hurts doesnt Libby !

Jeeza. on 14:45 - Jun 23 with 3147 viewsArcher4721

Utter nonsense.

Indeed. It's also hilarious how he goes on about how we should take into account the age of the posters he's defending.

He really should apply his own adages to posters like No9 who is an older gentleman I believe but of course has different views to GlasgowBlue but surprisingly he doesn't afford him the luxury of what he's preaching now.

He really should take a long look at himself before he tries to become Mr Sanctimonious on here.
Jeeza. on 14:50 - Jun 23 with 3131 viewsGeoffSentence

Jeeza. on 14:34 - Jun 23 by GlasgowBlue

I don't recall the first two examples but if he did make fun of you not being able to work through illness then it was completely out of order. On the second point, I think I commented at the time that whilst inexcusable to trivialise mental health issues that I thought it was a generational thing where people of Benters age were told to man up and not talk about that sort of thing. My comment lead to a very good debate from people involved in helping others cope with mental illness.

With regards to his comments about shooting refugees or his comments regarding the drowning of innocents, I've pulled him on both on several occasions. I'll do it again for the benefit of doubt. Both comments were completely unacceptable and he was bang out of order for saying either of them.

No mixed values from me. I'll always call it as I see it and I saw bullying and baiting. And not for the first time this week with the same poster as the target.

Bullying is serious, really serious. It can ruin lives and has even led to people taking their own life.

If bullying is taking place then it needs to be dealt with. Only the admins can deal with it.

If you really believe that there is bullying going on then I suggest that you report it and let the admins do their job and get rid of the perpetrators.

Otherwise throwing the term about lightly simply diminishes the whole idea of bullying.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jeeza. on 14:58 - Jun 23 with 3095 viewsJ2BLUE

I dont like you .

I think that post said a lot more than you intended it to. It's not a sign of weakness if you need to talk to someone about what you've been through.

PM me any time. Genuine offer. Feel free to reply balls.

I'm out of this thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jeeza. on 15:05 - Jun 23 with 3063 viewsDolly2.0

Jeeza. on 14:25 - Jun 23 by lowhouseblue

of course. but the building didn't fail any of those previous routine safety checks. therefore when you claimed that someone "gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests" you had clearly misread the article and you were referring to the tests by the police which were part of the post-fire investigation.

you misread the article in part because your misreading confirmed you existing belief.

"the building didn't fail any of those previous routine safety checks"

Is this a fact?

Jeeza. on 15:13 - Jun 23 with 3035 viewsSwailsey

I dont like you .

This has confirmed to me that you honestly are a complete and utter wakner. Which is fine of course.

But you are a thoroughly ignorant, stupid, insensitive, foolish, uncaring, attention seeking, trolling human being.

I remember you saying you were going to stay out of mental health debates. I think you should stick to that.

Tos$er.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jeeza. on 15:15 - Jun 23 with 3019 viewslowhouseblue

Jeeza. on 15:05 - Jun 23 by Dolly2.0

"the building didn't fail any of those previous routine safety checks"

Is this a fact?

no one has claimed that it did. the enquiry will doubtless check.

what the insulation and cladding failed was the police fire test as part of their post fire investigation.

your statement that someone "''gave the go-ahead for people to live there after it failed fire safety tests" is an example of you reaching conclusions that aren't supported by evidence.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024