Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost of replica kit 10:32 - Jun 22 with 5901 viewsPinewoodblue

Just had an ad on here for Manchester City 2017-18 Nike kit.

Team shirt is £90 plus £6 for player badge on sleeve plus cost of name and numbers. They also do a stadium kit which is a lot cheaper only £55.

Thought our replica was expensive but over £100 is ridiculous.

Gav until I clicked on the ad never had any interest in Man City or Nike and never browsed for either on Internet. Do we get random ads now?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2017 10:32]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cost of replica kit on 10:33 - Jun 22 with 5888 viewsuefacup81

The 'Team Shirt' will be the player issue kit, whilst the 'stadium kit' is basically the same as our replicas.

It's a racket they've been running for a few years now for kids who simply won't do without the exact same kit that the pros wear, with parents who can't be bothered to say 'no'.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Cost of replica kit on 10:34 - Jun 22 with 5872 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bargain

We are consumers and there to be milked.

RIP the supporter

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cost of replica kit on 11:19 - Jun 22 with 5750 viewsITFC_Forever

The Team shirt is the player-issue ones and are usually limited edition etc.

The usual replica kit is the £55 stadium kit.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cost of replica kit on 11:44 - Jun 22 with 5695 viewsTheBlueBarca

Cost of replica kit on 10:34 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Bargain

We are consumers and there to be milked.

RIP the supporter

We're the problem as the collective because we keep buying it, not the people selling!

I never thought I would see the day when Ipswich would be releasing new kits within under a year of each other, let alone two new ones and people still buy them new!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Cost of replica kit on 11:49 - Jun 22 with 5682 viewsGavTWTD

It's not completely random, as someone may be targetting you as a football fan rather than a Man City fan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Cost of replica kit on 11:49 - Jun 22 with 5672 viewsuefacup81

Cost of replica kit on 11:44 - Jun 22 by TheBlueBarca

We're the problem as the collective because we keep buying it, not the people selling!

I never thought I would see the day when Ipswich would be releasing new kits within under a year of each other, let alone two new ones and people still buy them new!

I agree entirely.

Every summer the DM run the same outraged articles about the cost/frequency of new replica kits, and make out that the parents are forced to buy them.

If people voted with their feet, or had the stones to stand up to a screaming five year old, then perhaps companies would adjust their tactics accordingly.

Cost of replica kit on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 5605 viewsTheBlueBarca

Cost of replica kit on 11:49 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

I agree entirely.

Every summer the DM run the same outraged articles about the cost/frequency of new replica kits, and make out that the parents are forced to buy them.

If people voted with their feet, or had the stones to stand up to a screaming five year old, then perhaps companies would adjust their tactics accordingly.

I remember in the mid-90s when Manure put out that awful Telly static away strip. Now the team when playing couldn't identify each other on the field because it was designed as such that players on the wing looked like a billboard/row of empty seats, so they were forced to ditch it. There was total uproar.

Now they could change them every other game and people would buy them.

Cost of replica kit on 12:35 - Jun 22 with 5592 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cost of replica kit on 11:44 - Jun 22 by TheBlueBarca

Yep. And I'm guilty as charged with my kids. Normally, they'll only get 1 per season though (alternating between home and away), but once we did manage to go 2 seasons without buying a new one. Half the problem is that the little blighters grow so quickly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Cost of replica kit on 12:41 - Jun 22 with 5557 viewsTheBlueBarca

Cost of replica kit on 12:35 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. And I'm guilty as charged with my kids. Normally, they'll only get 1 per season though (alternating between home and away), but once we did manage to go 2 seasons without buying a new one. Half the problem is that the little blighters grow so quickly.

I just wish we, as Ipswich, were different. You should get 2/3 seasons per shirt minimum. It offers value for money and there's only so often you can have a blue new shirt before it's boring. We used to be different and have our own kits and everything from 1995 to 2006 were our own designs and looked all the better for it.

If you look at say our Mitre home shirt from 2012 and the new one, bar the red it's pretty much the same. Then the last seasons looked like the Mitre one from 2013, and the one previous looked like the Mitre shirt from 2011.

It's dull 21st century brainwashed consumer nonsense.

Cost of replica kit on 12:45 - Jun 22 with 5549 viewsuefacup81

Cost of replica kit on 12:41 - Jun 22 by TheBlueBarca

I just wish we, as Ipswich, were different. You should get 2/3 seasons per shirt minimum. It offers value for money and there's only so often you can have a blue new shirt before it's boring. We used to be different and have our own kits and everything from 1995 to 2006 were our own designs and looked all the better for it.

If you look at say our Mitre home shirt from 2012 and the new one, bar the red it's pretty much the same. Then the last seasons looked like the Mitre one from 2013, and the one previous looked like the Mitre shirt from 2011.

It's dull 21st century brainwashed consumer nonsense.

From a different point of view, I'd like to see the Football League maybe try harnessing this obsession with kits to do some good.

Perhaps something similar to what is done in the NFL would be an idea? A number of match-days per season are designated as charity days, on which each team wears a unique kit for charity. Those kits are then auctioned off for the benefit of each club's chosen charity, or for the Football League's chosen beneficiary.

Pink kits for cancer, and maybe a retro match-day would be good ideas for this?

Cost of replica kit on 12:47 - Jun 22 with 5538 viewsIpswichKnight

Cost of replica kit on 12:45 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

From a different point of view, I'd like to see the Football League maybe try harnessing this obsession with kits to do some good.

Perhaps something similar to what is done in the NFL would be an idea? A number of match-days per season are designated as charity days, on which each team wears a unique kit for charity. Those kits are then auctioned off for the benefit of each club's chosen charity, or for the Football League's chosen beneficiary.

Don't the NFL teams have retro kit weekends? I'm sure I've seen a few of them wear old kits before.
Cost of replica kit on 12:48 - Jun 22 with 5527 viewsTheBlueBarca

You could do that, as well as keeping the same strips for 2/3 seasons and just auction the rare ones off for the charity.

We won't because ..... money.

Cost of replica kit on 12:49 - Jun 22 with 5527 viewsuefacup81

Cost of replica kit on 12:47 - Jun 22 by IpswichKnight

Don't the NFL teams have retro kit weekends? I'm sure I've seen a few of them wear old kits before.

Yeah, those two ideas were stolen in whole from NFL. They do something called 'colour rush' as well, where teams wear one solid colour, but I don't think that's as doable in football?

Cost of replica kit on 15:02 - Jun 22 with 5406 viewsFreddies_Ears

We did two of those last season, Poppy Day and SBR Day. I think there's an EFL regulation permitting it twice a season.
Cost of replica kit on 16:40 - Jun 22 with 5352 viewsMullet

Cost of replica kit on 11:49 - Jun 22 by GavTWTD

It's not completely random, as someone may be targetting you as a football fan rather than a Man City fan.

Best we avoid getting into this again Gavin.....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cost of replica kit on 10:12 - Jun 23 with 5207 viewsGavTWTD

Cost of replica kit on 16:40 - Jun 22 by Mullet

Best we avoid getting into this again Gavin.....

Quite...

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Cost of replica kit on 10:22 - Jun 23 with 5174 viewsMoggins

Cost of replica kit on 10:33 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

The 'Team Shirt' will be the player issue kit, whilst the 'stadium kit' is basically the same as our replicas.

It's a racket they've been running for a few years now for kids who simply won't do without the exact same kit that the pros wear, with parents who can't be bothered to say 'no'.

And the adults who have to wear a replica shirt.

Should be made illegal unless they're actually on the pitch playing😁
Cost of replica kit on 11:39 - Jun 23 with 5127 viewsGodBlue

Cost of replica kit on 12:47 - Jun 22 by IpswichKnight

The general NFL kit change rules seem pretty good to be honest. As I understand it, they have to ask the commissioner for permission, by a certain date each year, to change their kits in any way the following season, so they very rarely change them.

They're more expensive to buy in the first place, but they don't go out of date anything like as frequently. Obviously they don't have shirt sponsorship, so I assume that's a huge factor.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Cost of replica kit on 12:08 - Jun 23 with 5109 viewsuefacup81

Cost of replica kit on 11:39 - Jun 23 by GodBlue

The general NFL kit change rules seem pretty good to be honest. As I understand it, they have to ask the commissioner for permission, by a certain date each year, to change their kits in any way the following season, so they very rarely change them.

They're more expensive to buy in the first place, but they don't go out of date anything like as frequently. Obviously they don't have shirt sponsorship, so I assume that's a huge factor.

It's certainly more regimented. The kits are supplied based on a central contract, it would appear, so all 32 teams are kitted out by Nike (formerly it was done by Reebok).

As well as that, the 'special kit' weeks are regimented as well, so it becomes a case of 'in week 16 you WILL wear a retro kit' etc.,

I think an auction of such kits would be more of a money spinner than just auctioning off a normal kit with a poppy patch on it, or a bit of embroidery. Such kits would be proper limited editions like the special kit we wore at Palace back in 04/05.

Cost of replica kit on 12:46 - Jun 23 with 5090 viewsbritbiker

Cost of replica kit on 12:08 - Jun 23 by uefacup81

It's certainly more regimented. The kits are supplied based on a central contract, it would appear, so all 32 teams are kitted out by Nike (formerly it was done by Reebok).

As well as that, the 'special kit' weeks are regimented as well, so it becomes a case of 'in week 16 you WILL wear a retro kit' etc.,

I think an auction of such kits would be more of a money spinner than just auctioning off a normal kit with a poppy patch on it, or a bit of embroidery. Such kits would be proper limited editions like the special kit we wore at Palace back in 04/05.

An nfl replica shirt cost about £85. Whereas an nfl game shirt is well over £200, the game shirt would last a lifetime as they are really well made, however, all my replica shirts are decent quality as well. The retro kit weeks are great and would be fun in the football league and would also sell quite well, however the nfl ones do go back many decades, I can remember the Steelers wearing their bumble bee kits once. Just imagine itfc wearing the uefa cup shirt's /kit for one game or the white pin striped one
Cost of replica kit on 15:22 - Jun 23 with 5045 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

I'm getting ads for Russian brides
Cost of replica kit on 15:31 - Jun 23 with 5036 viewsbritbiker

Cost of replica kit on 15:22 - Jun 23 by backwiththeboysagain

I'm getting ads for Russian brides

Try explaining that to the wife.
Cost of replica kit on 16:00 - Jun 23 with 5005 viewsSW6Tractor

Cost of replica kit on 12:49 - Jun 22 by uefacup81

Yeah, those two ideas were stolen in whole from NFL. They do something called 'colour rush' as well, where teams wear one solid colour, but I don't think that's as doable in football?

I think this was requested at the World Cup...allegedly because Sony suggested all light or dark kits look better in 4K (if I remember the speculation from the time correctly)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/england-forced-wear-all-wh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024