Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? 11:32 - Jul 24 with 6869 viewsGeoffSentence

Gio on loan? I can't think of anyone since then that fits the bill.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 6208 viewsSmithy

Marcus Stewart

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:37 - Jul 24 with 6194 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

John Marquis played for Doncaster, cant find one who played for Ipswich.

I would say that the likes of Leadbitter and Bullard would fall into the category.

Also Finidi George!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:38 - Jul 24 with 6192 viewsJtTractorBoy

Since Gio I think you're probably pushing Bullard into that category. Most others are before ME funny enough...
When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 6174 viewssuffolkpoker

Ian Marshall
David Johnson
Stewart
Priskin ?
Paul Taylor and missed out on the better player of the 2?

missed out on Austin

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:40 - Jul 24 with 6164 viewshomer_123

If you are talking about a player that most people had heard of....the reality is quite startling.

Finidi George would probably be that player.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:41 - Jul 24 with 6149 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:38 - Jul 24 by JtTractorBoy

Since Gio I think you're probably pushing Bullard into that category. Most others are before ME funny enough...

Nabil Abidallah.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:42 - Jul 24 with 6132 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Going on a slight tangent here, but...

.......ROY KEANE.

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:46 - Jul 24 with 6104 viewschicoazul

Last real statement of intent player (if thats what you mean by marquis) was Paul Taylor.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:53 - Jul 24 with 6064 viewsSWGF

Not sure about a Marquis but we had Earl Jean, Nathan "Duke" Ellington. And, of course, Lee Martin was a compete count.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:58 - Jul 24 with 6037 viewssilkcutblue

Tony Dinning
When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:01 - Jul 24 with 6014 viewsclive_baker

Probably that one for the fan park on the practice pitch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:05 - Jul 24 with 6006 viewsfactual_blue

Presumably marquis signings are ones you can count on one hand? It might be too earl-y to say, but it does seem a little baron. Perhaps Nathan 'Duke' Ellington? Maybe if ME were to stump up a prince-ly sum.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

There's only about 30 anyway..... on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 5953 viewsBloots

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:05 - Jul 24 by factual_blue

Presumably marquis signings are ones you can count on one hand? It might be too earl-y to say, but it does seem a little baron. Perhaps Nathan 'Duke' Ellington? Maybe if ME were to stump up a prince-ly sum.....

....and I think the youngest is around 40.

Although it would be quite a coup to have Frederick Aubrey Vane-Tempest-Stewart, 10th Marquess of Londonderry playing behind the main striker.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:20 - Jul 24 with 5919 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:05 - Jul 24 by factual_blue

And to think it looked like the use of 'marquis' was going to be overlooked...

;-)

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:30 - Jul 24 with 5869 viewsBlueBadger

Violent racist criminal Lee Bowyer?

He was going to score 15 goals from midfield.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 12:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:34 - Jul 24 with 5855 viewsBlueBadger

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:53 - Jul 24 by SWGF

Not sure about a Marquis but we had Earl Jean, Nathan "Duke" Ellington. And, of course, Lee Martin was a compete count.

Are you confusing Martin with another Lee who was a violent and racist criminal?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 13:13 - Jul 24 with 5763 viewsfactual_blue

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:20 - Jul 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

And to think it looked like the use of 'marquis' was going to be overlooked...

;-)

If he'd said 'maquis', I'm sure there'd have been a lot more resistance.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 13:37 - Jul 24 with 5690 viewsBlueBadger

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 11:46 - Jul 24 by chicoazul

Last real statement of intent player (if thats what you mean by marquis) was Paul Taylor.

Turns out the statement was 'I am incompetent loser who is wasting my employer's money'.

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 5640 viewscleggo

Chopra probably was at the time. Shame how that one turned out
When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 5640 viewsTheBlueBarca

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 12:30 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Violent racist criminal Lee Bowyer?

He was going to score 15 goals from midfield.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 12:31]

To be fair on Lee Bowyer, despite being one of the least in shape players we ever signed he helped us make West Ham look like total mugs, twice. It was a joy to behold the "massive club" West Ham being annihilated at Portman Road and beaten at Upton Park by that "lowly" lot from up the road in Ipswich.

I wouldn't trade that for much else in the last 10 years. It was hilarious and their reaction to both defeats was some of funniest stuff I had seen during the ME era.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 14:09 - Jul 24 with 5589 viewsFenboyBlue

Marc (US) E. Vans ?
and look where it got us.

Marquis ? Cha-Cha.
When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 5537 viewsGeoffSentence

Ok ok. So there was bit of marquis/marquee tw@ttery. I can't even blame predictive text for that it was all on me.

As mentioned above Bullard Seems Like A Decent Shout As A well Known Player Who Had Been Picked For An England Squad And Wasnt over The Hill.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 5535 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 13:13 - Jul 24 by factual_blue

If he'd said 'maquis', I'm sure there'd have been a lot more resistance.

How dare you educate me! Stop it!!

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 5474 viewsWeWereZombies

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 14:54 - Jul 24 by GeoffSentence

Ok ok. So there was bit of marquis/marquee tw@ttery. I can't even blame predictive text for that it was all on me.

As mentioned above Bullard Seems Like A Decent Shout As A well Known Player Who Had Been Picked For An England Squad And Wasnt over The Hill.

I was hoping you has misinterpreted a rumour that Sade was going to be next years concert at Portman Road...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

When was the last time Town made a 'marquis ' signing? on 15:43 - Jul 24 with 5439 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Legwinski?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024