Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacob Rees-Mogg 08:51 - Jul 25 with 29467 viewshype313

Have to say, I quite like him, he looks like what I imagine Adrian Mole would look like these days.

Move over Theresa.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 5049 viewsbournemouthblue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 08:56 - Jul 25 by hype313

He could be the Tories Corbyn.

that's what the Tories are hoping for

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 5049 viewsMullet

He's a vicious throwback trading off it and letting people confuse it with being "traditional" or nostalgically British.

Also some suspicions he treats the public purse as his own.

He's basically Boris before he got found out as an elitist, charlatan and traitor from what I can make out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:25 - Jul 25 with 5041 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:23 - Jul 25 by bournemouthblue

that's what the Tories are hoping for

The Tories are hoping Rees Mogg can take the Tories back to the same number of seats that Gordon Brown got in 2010? 'Cause that's what Corbyn did.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 5028 viewsNo9

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:41 - Jul 25 by baxterbasics

I think the Corbyn comparison only goes so far. There is a big gulf for example in their intellectual capacities.

Mr Rees-Mogg has lived in a very sheltered world brought up to believe everyone is a millionaire and that privelidge for the few is normal.

His inability to understand the real world shows how lacking in education he is
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:31 - Jul 25 with 5025 viewsbournemouthblue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:42 - Jul 25 by JohnWarksTash

Would you seriously want a man ....

Who opening belittled the constituency members of his first (failed) attempt to be elected by stating he didn't tour the constituency in a Bently...it was a Merc?

Who filibusters to block bills he is not in favour of, even calling for Somerset to have its own time zone (15 mins behind London).

Who called for UKIP and the Tory's to merge as most conservative members would prefer Nigel Farage over Nick Clegg.

Who describe £250000 spent on portraits of MP's as 'chicken feed'.

Who opposes same sex marriages.

Who supported Trump.

The man stands for everything that is wrong in British politics. He is elitist and firmly part of the establishment. We pay his wages and he makes a mockery of the political process. Yes he is good value on Have I Got News For You, but I would not want him representing me or my country.

So in summary...no I'm not a fan :)

Indeed, the polite eccentric posho angle works for him but when you break down what his actual views are, they're pretty abhorrent

Momentum are about grass roots people power

The Tories aren't about that, their 'people' are big business. I can't see flocks of people following him in the same way, it just isn't how the Tories work.

They are about the rich elites who control things, they are mates with people who own the media and run the banks. That's how they keep themselves in control, that's how they communicate and spread their message.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:39 - Jul 25 with 5008 viewshype313

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:31 - Jul 25 by bournemouthblue

Indeed, the polite eccentric posho angle works for him but when you break down what his actual views are, they're pretty abhorrent

The Tories aren't about that, their 'people' are big business. I can't see flocks of people following him in the same way, it just isn't how the Tories work.

They are about the rich elites who control things, they are mates with people who own the media and run the banks. That's how they keep themselves in control, that's how they communicate and spread their message.

This is what happens when you annoy Momentum.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 4980 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:21 - Jul 25 by No9

Of course all this promotion of Mr Reece-Mogg is to condition the public into thinking he will make a good PM

He was second in the poll published in the Independent orf course to smooth the path all this stuff is so that he doesn't have to show just how far to the right he is and how much he wants the UK completely out of the EU irrespective of the cost to the British public.

The tory lie machine is being fired up for a real strong push to the right.

Nothing wrong with traditional, centre right Conservative politics. It's just what the UK needs at present.

Let's face it, the weird, crazy liberalism of Blair and Cameron and now May is destroying the social cohesion of the country. They have not been representing the majority views of the nation.

The Moggster would be a magnificent PM. However there's little chance of the Tories electing him. They'd rather have Hammond or Davidson, od some other Liberal EU loving dullard.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 4979 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:31 - Jul 25 by hype313

Trouble is May doesn't want him in the cabinet.

May is hopeless. She makes Cameron look like a genius.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 4976 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 10:42 - Jul 25 by JohnWarksTash

Would you seriously want a man ....

Who opening belittled the constituency members of his first (failed) attempt to be elected by stating he didn't tour the constituency in a Bently...it was a Merc?

Who filibusters to block bills he is not in favour of, even calling for Somerset to have its own time zone (15 mins behind London).

Who called for UKIP and the Tory's to merge as most conservative members would prefer Nigel Farage over Nick Clegg.

Who describe £250000 spent on portraits of MP's as 'chicken feed'.

Who opposes same sex marriages.

Who supported Trump.

The man stands for everything that is wrong in British politics. He is elitist and firmly part of the establishment. We pay his wages and he makes a mockery of the political process. Yes he is good value on Have I Got News For You, but I would not want him representing me or my country.

So in summary...no I'm not a fan :)

Yes.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:00 - Jul 25 with 4974 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 13:39 - Jul 25 by hype313

This is what happens when you annoy Momentum.

Hmmm. These are the people our friend Bournemouth shares kinship with. And he calls J R-M's views abhorrent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:02 - Jul 25 with 4972 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 12:14 - Jul 25 by colchesterchris

Genuine question;

Do you believe that someone that would describe an area such as Clacton as

'a seaside town packed full of ill educated crackpots, yahoos and social misfits remains to be seen'

is fit to be a leader of your party?

The fact he has brought the word 'yahoo' back into fashion would get him my vote alone.

I haven't heard it used since my primary school headmaster used it to describe the pupils from what he regarded as 'beneath him' backgrounds. Which included me and 95% of the pupils.

Mogg would give the country a good shake up and bury the neo Liberal PC agenda which is ruining the nation.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:04 - Jul 25 with 4967 viewsThe_Last_Baron

His views are spot on.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:05 - Jul 25 with 4960 viewsMullet

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:02 - Jul 25 by The_Last_Baron

The fact he has brought the word 'yahoo' back into fashion would get him my vote alone.

I haven't heard it used since my primary school headmaster used it to describe the pupils from what he regarded as 'beneath him' backgrounds. Which included me and 95% of the pupils.

Mogg would give the country a good shake up and bury the neo Liberal PC agenda which is ruining the nation.

Given the Tories have been in power for so long now, what and how is the country ruined by "neo Liberal PC agenda" (sic)???

How does having a homophobe like JRM in charge help the country exactly?

His voting record is fairly backward and disgusting too.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/vote

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 4960 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:00 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmm. These are the people our friend Bournemouth shares kinship with. And he calls J R-M's views abhorrent.

Momentum are a disgusting bunch.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:09 - Jul 25 with 4947 viewsBluedandy

Your reviled rich elites did very well out of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Crikey they even knighted Fred Goodwin.

As for JRM's abhorrent views - well in the interest of political balance perhaps you should research Seamus Milne's views on East Germany. He is after all St. Corbyn's right hand man.

Or perhaps you too think it was a much misunderstood Communist utopia even if border guards shot dead citizens who dared to climb the Berlin Wall.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 14:09]
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:09 - Jul 25 with 4947 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:05 - Jul 25 by Mullet

Given the Tories have been in power for so long now, what and how is the country ruined by "neo Liberal PC agenda" (sic)???

How does having a homophobe like JRM in charge help the country exactly?

His voting record is fairly backward and disgusting too.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24926/jacob_rees-mogg/north_east_somerset/vote

The Conservatives are no longer Conservatives. We haven't had a truly Conservative Government since the early 90s. 2010-2015 was a Liberal government in all but name and since then it's been pretty much more of the same.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:11 - Jul 25 with 4934 viewsMullet

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:09 - Jul 25 by The_Last_Baron

The Conservatives are no longer Conservatives. We haven't had a truly Conservative Government since the early 90s. 2010-2015 was a Liberal government in all but name and since then it's been pretty much more of the same.

That doesn't really begin to answer my question though. in fact it just breeds more.

What is this agenda you see, how does a party that wants to bring back foxhunting, punish poor people and ruin public services tie in with it?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:18 - Jul 25 with 4922 viewsimsureazzure

"Momentum are about grass roots people power"

They are about power.

A disgusting organisation of extreme left wing fascists who would take power and keep power at ANY cost.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 4882 viewshype313

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:18 - Jul 25 by imsureazzure

"Momentum are about grass roots people power"

They are about power.

A disgusting organisation of extreme left wing fascists who would take power and keep power at ANY cost.

Can't believe people can't see this, guess people just want to see what they want to see.

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:49 - Jul 25 with 4875 viewsSteve_M

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:45 - Jul 25 by hype313

Can't believe people can't see this, guess people just want to see what they want to see.

There was a cartoon in the last Private Eye with a couple of Corbyn supporters and the caption along the lines of "We're the first generation not to fall for political hype".

Sums it up rather well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 17:25 - Jul 25 with 4817 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 08:59 - Jul 25 by tcblue

He makes the Royals look positively in touch with the modern world.

Ruth Davidson is about the only choice who doesn't seem like a step down even from May, which is a truly terrifying thought

There is ken Clarke of course, the #1 politician in the house. But he is old
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 19:50 - Jul 25 with 4772 viewsgordon

The problem with Rees-Mogg, as well as what's already been stated, is that he isn't particularly smart, or possessing of good judgement:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10398635/Climate-change-al

He's eloquent, knowledgeable and polite, certainly. But when he comes up against a complex problem he'll draw on a few spurious historical examples, and end up with a poor analysis or conclusion based on nothing much. The article above is an excellent example - the quality of thought wouldn't pass muster in a high school, but the historical anecdotes are interesting (and this article from Rees-Mogg is put to shame by Gove's excellent speech on the environment the other day).

It's nice that he's got a good knowledge of British political history, but he'd be an awful decision-maker and be an appalling leader, of a party or a country.
Jacob Rees-Mogg on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 4709 viewsbournemouthblue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:00 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Taking 1 + 1 and making 5 there Glasgow :p

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 22:48 - Jul 25 with 4700 viewsbournemouthblue

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 14:09 - Jul 25 by Bluedandy

Your reviled rich elites did very well out of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Crikey they even knighted Fred Goodwin.

As for JRM's abhorrent views - well in the interest of political balance perhaps you should research Seamus Milne's views on East Germany. He is after all St. Corbyn's right hand man.

Or perhaps you too think it was a much misunderstood Communist utopia even if border guards shot dead citizens who dared to climb the Berlin Wall.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 14:09]

The rich have done very well under neo-liberalism full stop

The rich do well throughout history, they generally find ways to remain at the top, does their position ever really change across the centuries?

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 23:54 - Jul 25 with 4668 viewsblue_oyster

Jacob Rees-Mogg on 19:50 - Jul 25 by gordon

The problem with Rees-Mogg, as well as what's already been stated, is that he isn't particularly smart, or possessing of good judgement:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10398635/Climate-change-al

He's eloquent, knowledgeable and polite, certainly. But when he comes up against a complex problem he'll draw on a few spurious historical examples, and end up with a poor analysis or conclusion based on nothing much. The article above is an excellent example - the quality of thought wouldn't pass muster in a high school, but the historical anecdotes are interesting (and this article from Rees-Mogg is put to shame by Gove's excellent speech on the environment the other day).

It's nice that he's got a good knowledge of British political history, but he'd be an awful decision-maker and be an appalling leader, of a party or a country.

When you say he doesn't posses good judgement, you mean that you don't agree with him.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024