Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up 23:35 - Aug 8 with 6770 viewswkj

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10980485/luton-0-2-ipswich
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 23:35]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:40 - Aug 8 with 6669 viewsJohnhoz

Lovely skill and through ball from Celina.....................

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:40 - Aug 8 with 6662 viewsSamuelowen88

Celina, Downes and Didz looking good there'

Poll: England v Wales Score

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:41 - Aug 8 with 6653 viewsgtsb1966

That miss from the Luton player
Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:43 - Aug 8 with 6633 viewswkj

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:40 - Aug 8 by Johnhoz

Celina's assist on the first goal was an inspired bit of ball control

Crybaby

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:46 - Aug 8 with 6597 viewsBlueBadger

I tell you what, it's nice for the manager to have some genuine options going into the next game isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:48 - Aug 8 with 6592 viewswkj

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:46 - Aug 8 by BlueBadger

I tell you what, it's nice for the manager to have some genuine options going into the next game isn't it?

Indeed, Celina seems to be a perfect replacement for Lawrence. BBC Radio suffolk seemed to really be keen on how well Waghorn (playing deeper), Celina and McG played together making it sound like they have gelled very quickly

Crybaby

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:49 - Aug 8 with 6573 viewsStokieBlue

He looks really threatening picking up the ball and charging forward.

The no-look pass out the Kenlock was quality as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 23:53 - Aug 8 with 6541 viewsStNeotsBlue

It was indeed, bu the best ball of that move was the one to Celina from Nydam, pinged to his feet taking out half their team, instantly turning defence into attack. Very encouraging.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 00:06 - Aug 9 with 6449 viewskizaitfc

Who went back to the 80s and brought a toilet roll to throw for that last goal

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 00:35 - Aug 9 with 6329 viewsTheBlueBarca

To be honest we gave them some good chances, a better side would have punished us!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 00:40 - Aug 9 with 6327 viewswkj

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 00:35 - Aug 9 by TheBlueBarca

To be honest we gave them some good chances, a better side would have punished us!

Luton were much like Portsmouth were when we played them in the cup - very good regardless of stature. It really should have been 1-1 at half time, but given the fact we had 5 academy players on the pitch (Kenlock, Nydam, McDonnell, Downes and Wolfenden) we put in a good account for ourselves. We had a bit of luck in some ways, but we were not lucky to win - put that up against most of our other EFL cup 1st rounds the last 6 or so seasons, where our opposite numbers were far from lucky to beat us.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 0:41]

Crybaby

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 06:20 - Aug 9 with 6042 viewsbrogansnose

Nice incisive football and running at players will get you results which it did Saturday as well. We already look a step up from what we've had the last couple of seasons.
Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 06:26 - Aug 9 with 6026 viewsBenters

Great stuff Didzy stays fit then i too may start to BELIEVE !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 06:40 - Aug 9 with 5994 viewsbrogansnose

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 06:26 - Aug 9 by Benters

Great stuff Didzy stays fit then i too may start to BELIEVE !

Calm you on down buh !!!!

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 07:23 - Aug 9 with 5845 viewsReuser_is_God

2 quality goals there.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 07:39 - Aug 9 with 5781 viewsJohnhoz

Just watched those goals again. Good work, also, from Iorfa for the 2nd goal. Waited for the right moment and then took out 3 defenders with that ball to Didzy

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 07:44 - Aug 9 with 5751 viewsBenters

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 06:40 - Aug 9 by brogansnose

Calm you on down buh !!!!

balls eel catcher.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 09:30 - Aug 9 with 5442 viewsRadlett_blue

Iorfa was beaten very easily when Luton created their best chance. Looks more of a CB than FB IMO.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 12:08 - Aug 9 with 5178 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Lessons learned:

Celina looks like some player. Not just good in the sense that he can expect to be in the Premier League one day, but good in the sense that he's got all the assets to genuinely be a contender for a top four team. Very gifted.

McGoldrick looks sharp. We know how effective he can be on his day, so if we keep him fit, he's one hell of an option to have up front.

Iorfa is a ball playing centre-half. He looks comfortable on the ball and very composed, but has the stature and positioning more akin to a central defender than a wing-back. Put him in with Webster and Kenlock and that's a nice back three.

Not the last we've seen of Downes. I think this kid can go on to have a decent future at this club, and possibly even beyond. Initial glimpses of him show a player who is comfortable in possession, likes to get forward, have a shot and pick a pass. Just what fans love in a midfielder.

Gerken won't be challenging Bart anytime soon. Solid enough game, but still looked shakey on occasions. Better teams would have punished him for parrying straight out into the centre of the box.

Nicer to watch. Part of me thinks we're one bad result away from Mick chucking in this nicer brand of football for the more defensive style we've become used to. However, it's working at the moment and will work if Mick sticks with it. Really promising to see.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Luton 0 - 2 Town: Match highlights up on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 5156 viewsVic

Thanks WKJ - some lovely touches in there.

But I also noticed that there were a number of clips where the defence seemed to give Luton a worrying amount of time and space around the box. I'd be fearful if we did that to a Championship team - we'd surely get punished.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024