Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall Pubs 10:02 - Aug 14 with 10299 views26_Paz

What's the general situation with Millwall - are there away pubs near the ground or is it better / safer to drink near London Bridge and do a quick to the ground and out in the local area?!

The Paz Man

Millwall Pubs on 10:06 - Aug 14 with 8568 viewsITFC_Forever

London Bridge / Borough Market has a multitude of pubs, best to go there and then train to South Bermondsey, from where there is a footpath especially for away fans direct to the away end.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Millwall Pubs on 10:07 - Aug 14 with 8570 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll take any chance to have a beer (and maybe a bite to eat) at The George nr London Bridge.

It's a little hop into Millwall-Ville from there. Much nicer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Millwall Pubs on 10:10 - Aug 14 with 8544 viewsReuser_is_God

Millwall Pubs on 10:07 - Aug 14 by artsbossbeard

I'll take any chance to have a beer (and maybe a bite to eat) at The George nr London Bridge.

The one down the alley next to Paddy Power? Great pub that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Millwall Pubs on 10:10 - Aug 14 with 8539 viewsartsbossbeard

Millwall Pubs on 10:10 - Aug 14 by Reuser_is_God

The one down the alley next to Paddy Power? Great pub that.

That's the one. Decent food too.

Edit: Just found these reviews on a CAMRA site. Ha! Warm beer drinkers take their drinking waaaay to seriously.

Like a lot of historic must visit places the reality is a let down, nice building(the astro turfed seating area outside is a touch of class,hmmm) and rubbish beer,Belhaven Old Gold,Old Nutty Hen,London Glory,George Inn Ale with one pump off,I sought some respite in a half of Punk IPA at £2.90 a half.
Well I've done my one visit here finally, hopefully the last.
A rubbish place.

On 3rd January 2017 - rating: 3
[User has posted 915 recommendations about 905 pubs]

hondo . left this review about The George

Tucked away just off the main drag. A really impressive exterior with a bigger than you initially think interior. It's Greene King beers so nothing thrilling some "craft keg" as an alternative.

On 26th October 2016 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2294 recommendations about 2250 pubs]

Ian Mapp left this review about The George

Got to come here at least once in your life.

A living piece of history.

Sadly, the beer is usually ghastly. Although on my last visit - the nutty hen was in good condition.

Some photos at my blog - http://bit.ly/2cYVT2P
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:20]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Millwall Pubs on 10:11 - Aug 14 with 8536 viewsandytown

There's a spoons at Surrey quays from memory, not an away pub as such, but happy for me to buy a beer pre game (not in colours). It's a 10 minute walk from there to the ground and is useful if coming from East London and you don't want to go central and deal with London Bridge etc.
Millwall Pubs on 10:14 - Aug 14 with 8515 views26_Paz

Millwall Pubs on 10:06 - Aug 14 by ITFC_Forever

London Bridge / Borough Market has a multitude of pubs, best to go there and then train to South Bermondsey, from where there is a footpath especially for away fans direct to the away end.

That's what I was thinking, cheers bud

The Paz Man

Millwall Pubs on 10:22 - Aug 14 with 8482 viewsLord_Lucan

Not sure why you always insist on going in that place. I prefer that larger one up the road a bit nearer the station, can't remember the name.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Millwall Pubs on 10:23 - Aug 14 with 8467 viewsunbelievablue

Millwall Pubs on 10:22 - Aug 14 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure why you always insist on going in that place. I prefer that larger one up the road a bit nearer the station, can't remember the name.

I assume you don't mean the Barrowboy and Banker.

The Old Kings Head is fun.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall Pubs on 10:24 - Aug 14 with 8447 viewsblue_oyster

Millwall Pubs on 10:10 - Aug 14 by artsbossbeard

That's the one. Decent food too.

Edit: Just found these reviews on a CAMRA site. Ha! Warm beer drinkers take their drinking waaaay to seriously.

Like a lot of historic must visit places the reality is a let down, nice building(the astro turfed seating area outside is a touch of class,hmmm) and rubbish beer,Belhaven Old Gold,Old Nutty Hen,London Glory,George Inn Ale with one pump off,I sought some respite in a half of Punk IPA at £2.90 a half.
Well I've done my one visit here finally, hopefully the last.
A rubbish place.

On 3rd January 2017 - rating: 3
[User has posted 915 recommendations about 905 pubs]

hondo . left this review about The George

Tucked away just off the main drag. A really impressive exterior with a bigger than you initially think interior. It's Greene King beers so nothing thrilling some "craft keg" as an alternative.

On 26th October 2016 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2294 recommendations about 2250 pubs]

Ian Mapp left this review about The George

Got to come here at least once in your life.

A living piece of history.

Sadly, the beer is usually ghastly. Although on my last visit - the nutty hen was in good condition.

Some photos at my blog - http://bit.ly/2cYVT2P
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:20]

The best thing about that pub is that you get served through an exterior window.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Millwall Pubs on 10:25 - Aug 14 with 8453 viewsunbelievablue

If you fancy somewhere different, New Cross / New Cross Gate have a few good pubs.

Millwall Pubs on 10:25 - Aug 14 with 8449 viewsartsbossbeard

Millwall Pubs on 10:22 - Aug 14 by Lord_Lucan

Lord Clyde?? That's a decent one too, if so.

Millwall Pubs on 10:29 - Aug 14 with 8426 viewsSwn98

The Grapes Tooley Street ok Youngs
Millwall Pubs on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 8423 viewsunbelievablue

Millwall Pubs on 10:29 - Aug 14 by Swn98

I love the Grapes. I was in there yesterday funnily enough. God I love living where I do.

Millwall Pubs on 12:56 - Aug 14 with 8239 viewsuefacup81

Not sure how it lies logistically, but the Captain Kidd at Wapping (3min walk from the station) is a cracking little boozer right on the river. Dirt cheap, too, as it's a Sam Smiths.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Millwall Pubs on 12:58 - Aug 14 with 8232 viewsunbelievablue

Millwall Pubs on 12:56 - Aug 14 by uefacup81

Not sure how it lies logistically, but the Captain Kidd at Wapping (3min walk from the station) is a cracking little boozer right on the river. Dirt cheap, too, as it's a Sam Smiths.

Not a bad shout, and a great pub. From Wapping you can get the overground 3 stops to Surrey Quays (5mins).

Millwall Pubs on 13:19 - Aug 14 with 8194 viewsMickMac

Millwall Pubs on 10:29 - Aug 14 by Swn98

Was thinking the Grapes myself, I live in Catford so was originally going to drink there and head up the road to the Den but London Bridge is a darn sight better for drinking than SE6

Poll: Whats more important

Millwall Pubs on 09:29 - Aug 15 with 8000 viewshatch

With the barrowboy and banker closed was a consensus reached on best alternative? I'll be heading into London Bridge for about 5pm and keen to be amongst a few town fans when drinking.
Millwall Pubs on 09:31 - Aug 15 with 7992 viewsLord_Lucan

Millwall Pubs on 10:23 - Aug 14 by unbelievablue

I assume you don't mean the Barrowboy and Banker.

The Old Kings Head is fun.

No, not The Barrowboy.

I would avoid that place like the plague.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Millwall Pubs on 09:33 - Aug 15 with 7981 viewsunbelievablue

Millwall Pubs on 09:29 - Aug 15 by hatch

With the barrowboy and banker closed was a consensus reached on best alternative? I'll be heading into London Bridge for about 5pm and keen to be amongst a few town fans when drinking.

Grapes, or Old Kings Head if you're feeling bolder.

Millwall Pubs on 09:42 - Aug 15 with 7958 viewshatch

Millwall Pubs on 09:33 - Aug 15 by unbelievablue

Grapes, or Old Kings Head if you're feeling bolder.

Cheers bud, good choice.
Millwall Pubs on 09:49 - Aug 15 with 7943 viewsSE1blue

I live a five minute walk from the ground and I'd agree with all those who say have a pint at London Bridge. It's one of those bizarre situations where I end up travelling further away before the match.

If you want something different you could try the Mug House at London Bridge, it's like being in a beer cave. Quite quiet but definitely no Millwall in there.

http://www.davy.co.uk/wine-bar/mug-house/

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Millwall Pubs on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 7897 viewshatch

Millwall Pubs on 09:49 - Aug 15 by SE1blue

I live a five minute walk from the ground and I'd agree with all those who say have a pint at London Bridge. It's one of those bizarre situations where I end up travelling further away before the match.

If you want something different you could try the Mug House at London Bridge, it's like being in a beer cave. Quite quiet but definitely no Millwall in there.

http://www.davy.co.uk/wine-bar/mug-house/

Looks good that. Or Katzenjammers for a stein or three.
Millwall Pubs on 10:14 - Aug 15 with 7877 viewsJohn_Bonds_Ghost

I shall be in the George with a bunch of Town fans ! Great pub and 5 mins walk from my office at More London. Bit of a tradition for us to meet at the George for the Millwall game.
Millwall Pubs on 10:23 - Aug 15 with 7856 viewsartsbossbeard

Millwall Pubs on 10:14 - Aug 15 by John_Bonds_Ghost

I shall be in the George with a bunch of Town fans ! Great pub and 5 mins walk from my office at More London. Bit of a tradition for us to meet at the George for the Millwall game.

Last time I was there, they had the Greene King Radio X beer on draught. Thought I'd give it a go and then wished that I hadn't.

Great bar though, my favourite south of the river.

Millwall Pubs on 10:24 - Aug 15 with 7850 views26_Paz

Millwall Pubs on 10:23 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

Last time I was there, they had the Greene King Radio X beer on draught. Thought I'd give it a go and then wished that I hadn't.

Great bar though, my favourite south of the river.

Mate wants to go to the globe tavern. Anyone any idea what this is like?

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024