Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thing from the past which were ok then but... 16:19 - Aug 16 with 6919 viewsFixed_It

...would be frowned upon now.

Clearing out my Mum's garage last weekend and we uncovered an old, much-loved toy from my childhood. It was a Golliwog, which if I remember correctly was affectionately known as Sam. Obviously, you don't see them these days - understandably - but back in the day no-one batted an eyelid. I couldn't chuck him out, nor could I resurrect him - so he is still residing in my Mum's garage with the other tat she wanted to hang on to.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 2324 viewsWD19

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 19:21 - Aug 16 by RimmersBrace

Topless school girls in national newspapers.

On that vibe there is a 'confessions of a window cleaner' clip someone posted on here once of the floppy haired fella watching schoolgirls in the shower. He says something like "looks like they are growing up fast"...or something similar. Frightening really.
Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 2253 viewsm14_blue

Slide tackles
Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:37 - Aug 16 with 2243 viewsDyland

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 16:28 - Aug 16 by ThePitBoss

Having a laugh with mates at football.

Too many snowflakes now. See last night.

You mean the little snowflakes singing Spammers songs presumably. I'm with you. You can't go to the footie these days without feeble clueless divs embarrassing themselves.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:42 - Aug 16 with 2234 viewsblue_oyster

Loving your country.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:04 - Aug 16 with 2202 viewsvapour_trail

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:37 - Aug 16 by Dyland

You mean the little snowflakes singing Spammers songs presumably. I'm with you. You can't go to the footie these days without feeble clueless divs embarrassing themselves.

That's pitboss mates you're talking about there.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:05 - Aug 16 with 2200 viewsvapour_trail

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:42 - Aug 16 by blue_oyster

Loving your country.

Think you might have the wrong thread again.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:09 - Aug 16 with 2184 viewsfooters

Asbestos, mild sexual assault.

TWTD

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:21 - Aug 16 with 2166 viewshoppy

Teachers lobbing either just chalk or the chalk rubber across the classroom at misbehaving kids.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:24 - Aug 16 with 2163 viewsblue_oyster

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:05 - Aug 16 by vapour_trail

Think you might have the wrong thread again.

You wish, sweetheart.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:33 - Aug 16 with 2155 viewsSE1blue

Having someone else take your driving test...

And

Six kids on the back seat of a Morris Marina.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 23:36]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 00:32 - Aug 17 with 2128 viewsjeera

Drink driving.

By that I'm not suggesting it was ok, just that having a couple was accepted.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:32 - Aug 17 with 2027 viewssolemio

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 22:42 - Aug 16 by blue_oyster

Loving your country.

As it was 80 years ago, or as it is now?
Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:35 - Aug 17 with 2025 viewsWD19

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 23:33 - Aug 16 by SE1blue

Having someone else take your driving test...

And

Six kids on the back seat of a Morris Marina.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 23:36]

As yes, filling the boot (it was a hatchback so all OK obvs) and footwell with kids on the way to a youth football match so that the whole extended squad and managers could fit in 2 cars.
Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 2017 viewsStokieBlue

During the school holidays we used to disappear at 9am and re-appear about 5pm for dinner.

No mobiles, no contact.

That would be frowned upon nowadays no doubt.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:41 - Aug 17 with 2007 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eating meat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:45 - Aug 17 with 1999 viewsLord_Lucan

Sir Jimmy Savile.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:58 - Aug 17 with 1977 viewsBarneycurley

The old guy 'joe' who used to go to the beach and sit on a bench watching us kids frolic in the sea

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 12:04 - Aug 17 with 1965 viewshoppy

Thing from the past which were ok then but... on 11:58 - Aug 17 by Barneycurley

The old guy 'joe' who used to go to the beach and sit on a bench watching us kids frolic in the sea

Did he work for the Daily Mail?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024